Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 18:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

The bike is completed 250kms (due to heavy rain in last few days, the running was reduced) and so far no complaints.
When first start, the gear shift from 1st to 2nd seems bit tight (not easy movement as in the other gear levels), but subsequent gear shifts such tightness is not there.
Will check with workshop when giving the vehicle for 1st Service.

Initially filled with close to full tank petrol hence still time to find out the FE.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the bike is serving you well. Nice color choice as well. Is this the only combo in black available? I remember spotting one more color combo, i think black and red.. Not sure as i saw it on the highway and guessed it was the Jive but could not confirm since the guy took a deviation before i could reach him.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nair Sir,

Congratulation on your new bike. Looks good and I am sure it must feel better also not to think about gear changing during the city run. Just was curious to know what category of vehicle does Jive fit into coz I already use an Activa and have the vehicle as Motorcyle without gear on my licence, would it be possible for me to buy Jive?
I can see that you have showering all your attention to your new acquisition and the Fiesta all covered up and getting a lesser attention. Pls dont do that.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

@abhinav.s - Thanks, yes black and red combi is also there.

+
@ghodlur - Thanks
I think JIVE fit into normal bike category. Its just a Bike but no clutch -thats all.
The Bike has got Gears (1-4 and N), however when on 3rd or 4th gear, even you stop in between and again you can continue riding without changing to low gears
(but this is not recommended as FE will be affected and also damage to clutch plate?)
How come your licence with marking as 'motor cylce without gear'? Did you take driving test with a gearless scooter?.
When I took the licence in 1992, I did carry my Kinetic honda scooter and did the test and my licence was marked as ' M/C with Gear' (and it was issued by RTO Thane !).
I think you can change the licence to Motor cycle with Gear'?
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk;1947809How come your licence with marking as 'motor cylce without gear'? Did you take driving test with a gearless scooter?.
[B
Absolutely, I had used my Activa during the driving test and it is marked as "motorcycle without gear" on my licence along with my 4 wheeler. It is issued by RTO Thane.[/b]
When I took the licence in 1992, I did carry my Kinetic honda scooter and did the test and my licence was marked as ' M/C with Gear' (and it was issued by RTO Thane !).
I think you can change the licence to Motor cycle with Gear'? I cant since I had specified on the forms as "Motorcycle without gear". The form had actually 5 options and one of them was this. In fact when I had got a temporary licence it initially came with "Motorcycle with gear" and I had got it changed. Where would I have got a Bike for driving test when I would be driving an Activa.
My comments in bold.
I wanted to know whether Jive would fall in the same category as Activa since the functioning of Jive is as good as Activa. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there a seperate gear changing lever available in Jive, I know there is no clutch? Pls confirm.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes, No clutch but there is gear lever (like in all other bikes). Only easy thing is you need not to press the clutch everytime when you need to chage the gear (it has got auto clutch technology like in case of gearless scooters). If I am correct,this bike will not fall into GEARLESS category!

(In Activa there are no gear shifting required but in this bike you need to shift gears to get proper engine running/FE. But since the bike comes with autoclutch with rotary gear, one can start the bike in any gear position and also move,incase of traffic etc, hence the vehicle is called 'tension free bike'!
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

So the option of changing gears still lies with the person riding the bike. I was under the impression that the gears would automatically change depending upon the speeds.
Would the gear changing still remain as in a normal bike gear changing. Am I correct in assuming that the bike can be stopped in any gear and started in any gear? pls confirm.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the bike can be started and stopped in any gear (and also can be moved in any gear -either it is in 1st gear or 4th gear the bike will move. But if you pushing the bike in 4th gear, then you have to raise the engine slowly enable give time for engine to speed up upto the 4th gear level. but by doing this all the time, chances of getting clutch plate damages are there).

Also Zero Knocking even if you slow down the bike in higher gears (i.e it allows you to ride at low speeds in any gear without worrying about engine knocking) . The bike is equipped with gear indicator which tells you what gear you are on.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

1st service carried out yesterday (355Kms done so far - I know it is low but I was not using her for few days due to heavy rains in this area).
No complaints from my side.
Engine Oil changed and that is the only expense (Rs.190/-)

Overall satisfied so far.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

The ex showroom price they charged me was Rs.41378 without saree guard instead of Rs.42378 including saree guard. He claim to say that by doing this seperate billing, I am saving tax on Rs.1000/-. (not big money?)
By tax here , do you mean you will save on the road tax ?
Old 6th August 2010, 11:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
By tax here , do you mean you will save on the road tax ?
+
Road Tax calculated on Ex showroom price of the vehicle. So they have not invoiced the saree guard and orvm's in the show room price hence got some saving on road tax.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:52   #27
BHPian

This is what is confusing me since one of the Hero Honda dealer here insisted that it doesn't matter to the RTO if the Manufacturer or the dealer offers any discount & writes the discounted price on the invoice.He said that the RTO's have their own ex-showroom price list for every vehicle and would charge the road tax based on that irrespective of what the invoice has written on it.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

I dont know whether the RTO's has have their own ex-showroom price list(?) or not, but what I have in all my purchases that the Tax is calculated on the Invoice as presented by the dealer. It is manufacturer who decides the price of his product and no manufacturer will agree to overprice a product then he will lose out in competition.
Normally, the showroom prices consists of Vehicle net price (company price) + VAT
@12.5% + cess @1%- the total is ex-showroom price and the Road tax is calculated on this amount!
Old 6th August 2010, 14:06   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the Bike. Ever since the Street bombed, I was interested in how this bike performs. So what is the Mileage?
Old 6th August 2010, 14:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Congrats on the Bike. Ever since the Street bombed, I was interested in how this bike performs. So what is the Mileage?
+
Yet to find out., because after taking delivery I have filled the tank.
Now the odo shows 462kms (not much ride due to heavy/continuous rain here for almost last 2 months) and still has got more than half tank of petrol. In between 1st service was done so some petrol may have lost on this account. In anyway, I anticipate atleast 50kmpl, if not more, for this first tank full and it may improve in the next filling. Mostly I have been using the bike for shopping purposes (within city limit /heavy traffic) and not much on highway ride. so, even if I get a mileage of 50/55kmpl which will be good (earlier I was using the kinetic flyte which was giving me only 30/32kmpl!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks