1. should be looking good not bland
  2. good mill
  3. decent mileage; 50ish is ok I guess
  4. Self start
  5. disc not need; doubt if budget will suffix
  6. good a.s.s.
  7. easy to procure
  8. good for solo 100kms rides
I looked at HH but got confused & they have the same mill in almost all the bikes. What else I have other than Twister? One with self start and mag will cost me 53k OTR.

I am almost sold on this and may get one this week if all goes fine and hence have two days to decide.
Old 24th September 2010, 00:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, I'd say CB Twister. That thing is really worth a try, the engine is uber-peppy and the bike is lighter than..well, you? Got a test-ride recently at Techy while I was having a stroll after lunch. To be frank, I just wanted to kill time and took the ride, after the ride, me and my colleague looked at each other and gave a bland look, as we walked in, both of us had to agree that the bike is way good and peppy than we expected a 100cc'er to be. So, worth a try. Then again, the Dazzler too is worth looking at if your budget is a bit flexible(which you said, is not). But northwards 70k(all the way upto 1.L), I'd only and ONLY recommend a fz-16/S. It's damn! good. I'm in love with the twisties ever since I bought it and there are quite some en route our office, top-whack is also decent(120ish) and the only drawbacks being, you need to work every kilometer upwards 75-80 and then, the legendary mileage

HH for a trucker? Neah!!

Last edited by Scorcher : 24th September 2010 at 00:40.
Old 24th September 2010, 00:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I got a strict budget of 54k tops !

My need
  1. should be looking good not bland
  2. good mill
  3. decent mileage; 50ish is ok I guess
  4. Self start
  5. disc not need; doubt if budget will suffix
  6. good a.s.s.
  7. easy to procure
  8. good for solo 100kms rides
I looked at HH but got confused & they have the same mill in almost all the bikes. What else I have other than Twister? One with self start and mag will cost me 53k OTR.

I am almost sold on this and may get one this week if all goes fine and hence have two days to decide.
Looking at your needs, I would suggest you Yamaha SZ-X. It has a very smooth engine and gear shifting would be excellent. You don't seem to be interested in disc, which was the only issue with this bike.

Take a test drive and decide. All the best
Old 24th September 2010, 01:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

JK, looks twister is the only good option. Because most others in this segment are bland looking ones
Old 24th September 2010, 01:50   #5
BHPian

Hi Jk ,

This is a pretty common question that a lot of people come across . Recently I was involved in a purchase of a 2 wheeler for a female friend . Obviously we didn't have an option to look at any bikes . We were just evaluating all the gear-less scooters . I know am going all off track here but I'd definitely recommend evaluating the wonderful options you have in this category. Specially looking at a scooter like activa or aviator or the best one of the lot The Suzuki Access, it packs some punch and couple with a decent license its a pretty good deal . We eventually bought a TVS wego because it is pretty light compared to all the other scooters and is easier to handle . Plus its got a smoother engine and a suspension that's absolutely wonderful.

The access , which i personally love the most and given a chance I'd sell my apache and buy a access . The comfort of riding a scooter is amazing .These scooter have just one drawback , the small petrol tanks but other than that these are simply superb . Plus if you buy one the women folk in your family can use it too . Take my word , you might just end up buying one .
Old 24th September 2010, 09:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks people.

gautam; I wanted to get Access/Aviator but got thumbs down from wife She says I wont get enough fun from those!

I will also check Yamaha SZ-X; looks neat but I guess it will be cost a bit more.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Shine!!! What about Shine Das? Going with your expectations, Shine would fair well, except that looks that reminds of Splendor.

Quote:
I wanted to get Access/Aviator but got thumbs down from wife She says I wont get enough fun from those!
I own a Activa & I never felt lack of fun from it. Except for the power there's nothing shortage in gearless scooters.

Anyway, looks like you've made up your mind for Twister. Congrats.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

How about the Pulsar 135 LS ? It costs 47k Ex-showroom , which just might fit into your budget.
Its lightweight and fun to drive as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
gautam; I wanted to get Access/Aviator but got thumbs down from wife She says I wont get enough fun from those!
I own the Activa's cousin , the HH Pleasure, and in my personal experience, your wife is right! Current gearless scooters are bland, reliable motoring at its best!
Advantage though is that they are easy to ride, convenient and usable by almost all in the family.
Old 24th September 2010, 11:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion in this order:

1. Discover 150
2. Yamaha SZ-X
3. Honda Twister
Old 24th September 2010, 12:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

aarge; shine is costlier I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How about the Pulsar 135 LS ? It costs 47k Ex-showroom , which just might fit into your budget.
Its lightweight and fun to drive as well.

I own the Activa's cousin , the HH Pleasure, and in my personal experience, your wife is right! Current gearless scooters are bland, reliable motoring at its best!
Advantage though is that they are easy to ride, convenient and usable by almost all in the family.
I know! sad!

I will check the Pulsar! Forgot they had the 135! Any idea how much it costs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
My suggestion in this order:

1. Discover 150
2. Yamaha SZ-X
3. Honda Twister
Will check these too.
SZ-X will be beyound my budget. There's a new one called SS125. Seems I need to visit Yamaha showroom too!

Will need to see if all these are available to buy the instant I pay cash as I cant wait

And was I right about HH? They dont have any new engines right?

And Suzuki?

Last edited by jkdas : 24th September 2010 at 12:27.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:25   #11
BHPian

Suzuki has launched a new bike Slingshot. If you buy one yours would be the first one on tbhp . I don't think the GS150 from Suzuki would come in your budget.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Suzuki has launched a new bike Slingshot. If you buy one yours would be the first one on tbhp . I don't think the GS150 from Suzuki would come in your budget.
I did give it a thought. I am having mixed thoughts about its looks!
Old 24th September 2010, 12:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

Yamaha SZ-X
Yamaha SS-125(earlier known as Gladiator)
Honda CB-Twister
Pulsar 135LS
Would advise you to get a Motorcycle with Disc Brakes, On a Motorcycle, 100% braking potential is achieved by using the front brakes. Rear Brakes have many usage, stopping the Motorcycle isn't one of it.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2010 at 12:34.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:11   #14
BHPian

I have been owning a Discover 150 for the past 3 months and completed close to 1.5k on it. It is a perfect bike for your budget. P135LS is also a good option, but do check with your wifey if she is comfortable with the split seats which is why I did not choose it.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yamaha SZ-X
Yamaha SS-125(earlier known as Gladiator)
Honda CB-Twister
Pulsar 135LS
Would advise you to get a Motorcycle with Disc Brakes, On a Motorcycle, 100% braking potential is achieved by using the front brakes. Rear Brakes have many usage, stopping the Motorcycle isn't one of it.
Let's see. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I have been owning a Discover 150 for the past 3 months and completed close to 1.5k on it. It is a perfect bike for your budget. P135LS is also a good option, but do check with your wifey if she is comfortable with the split seats which is why I did not choose it.
There wont be any pillion 97% of the the time. Seems P135 too comes into my purview then.

Edit: Guess my range should be 45 Ex-Showroom. P135 comes to 51k Ex-showroom.

Last edited by jkdas : 24th September 2010 at 14:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks