Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2010, 09:00   #31
BHPian

Re: For how long is an NOC valid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Did you get the form numbers mixed up by any chance? Form 33 says intimation of change of address and 27 says application for assignment of a new reg mark. I had my car on company lease, which means the company is the first owner and I am getting it transferred to my name. At the same time, since I live in a different state now, I also need to do everything in the state where I reside now. I have got the NOC from state A already. In this case, can I just change the ownership and address and not get a new registration no? TIA
It is possible I got the form numbers mixed-up, I wrote the post sometime after I submitted the forms.

Re your other question. I don't think it is ever necessary to change the registration number [readers, correct me if I am wrong. You may need to change registration if you sell the car in the new state], but you WILL need to pay the road-tax in the new state if you are going to reside there longer than 3 months.

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 16th December 2010 at 09:03.
Old 16th December 2010, 09:46   #32
BHPian

Query on road tax

When a vehicle from state A needs to be used in state B for a period of more than 3 months, what is the amount of road tax that needs to be paid in state B? Is it x% of the value of the vehicle at purchase? Or is it the difference between the road tax % between states A and B?
Old 16th December 2010, 11:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on road tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishab View Post
When a vehicle from state A needs to be used in state B for a period of more than 3 months, what is the amount of road tax that needs to be paid in state B? Is it x% of the value of the vehicle at purchase? Or is it the difference between the road tax % between states A and B?
I depends on State B. In Karnataka for example, you have to pay the full lifetime road tax. In theory, you can get a refund of the State A road tax but I doubt if anyone has successfully done that.
Old 6th April 2011, 04:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
It is possible I got the form numbers mixed-up, I wrote the post sometime after I submitted the forms.

Re your other question. I don't think it is ever necessary to change the registration number [readers, correct me if I am wrong. You may need to change registration if you sell the car in the new state], but you WILL need to pay the road-tax in the new state if you are going to reside there longer than 3 months.
I am planning to bring my bike from Surat to Mumbai for a period of 2 months. In this case, am I not required to get NOC ? And no road tax for this duration either?
Old 7th April 2011, 21:11   #35
BHPian

For two months, you don't need an NOC nor payment of road-tax. But you better have some proof (shipping list, etc) of when your vehicle entered Mumbai.
Old 7th April 2011, 21:36   #36
BHPian

From what I can recollect, it is Six months. Unless rules have changed.
Old 8th April 2011, 01:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
For two months, you don't need an NOC nor payment of road-tax. But you better have some proof (shipping list, etc) of when your vehicle entered Mumbai.
Ic, sounds good to me.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:40   #38
BHPian

Guys, Need your help.

My friend moved his car to Hyderabad from Noida and got the NOC from Noida. Then he didn't bother to follow up with the local RTO and NOC expired. He moved to US and sent his car to Noida. Now, the Noida RTO is not re-registering the vehicle as per them they want an NOC from RTO Hyderabad on the NOC, or something which clears it out that the car was not registered in Hyderabad at all. His family is not able to to use the car as insurance company is not insuring the car without the RC.

If anyone of the bhpians can help me point to the right direction or help me solve this, i will really appreciate.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:21   #39
BHPian

The NOC issuance by Noida RTO shouldn't automatically lead to Noida registration being cancelled. If the vehicle was never registered elsewhere using the NOC issued, and the NOC got expired, I believe his registration with home RTO (NOIDA in this case) should still be valid. It may just be the case of re-issuing the registration papers.

Suggest you seek help from trusted local RTO agent to get the matter resolved.

In the meantime I will try to validate above and come back with additional information/confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Guys, Need your help.

My friend moved his car to Hyderabad from Noida and got the NOC from Noida. Then he didn't bother to follow up with the local RTO and NOC expired. He moved to US and sent his car to Noida. Now, the Noida RTO is not re-registering the vehicle as per them they want an NOC from RTO Hyderabad on the NOC, or something which clears it out that the car was not registered in Hyderabad at all. His family is not able to to use the car as insurance company is not insuring the car without the RC.

If anyone of the bhpians can help me point to the right direction or help me solve this, i will really appreciate.
Old 21st January 2013, 01:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks aargee, Crazydriver and all the others who gave their views. Because of the discuscussion here I went back today to the RTO. Here's the procedure:

If you are leaving state A for state B:

1. make sure that you get an NOC (No objection certificate) from your local RTO in state A.
2. You also need to get the transfer endorsed on your vehicle registration. Unfortunately, this endorsement will not be just to state B, but a specific district in state B. So make sure that the right district is put in, because that is where you will have to go to get the transfer done. If neither your place of residence nor your place of work falls within that district, you are in trouble!
3. Also get the form 28 filled and signed by the RTO in place A.

Once you are in place B:

1. you have 90 days to use your NOC, after which it expires. During this time you SHOULD pay the life-time road-tax in place B (which is sufficient to keep the cops happy) . Use form 27. In case you intend to go back to State A, you need not do any more (till you are about to leave, when you will probably have to get the NOC re-done in state B, I think).

2. If you want to apply for re-registration in state B, you should do so using form 33. Submit your original registration, form 28 (filled by RTO A), NOC, and proof of residence (or place of work, to do this I had to talk to the RTO in-charge, as the clerk wanted proof of residence within that district, which I couldn't produce as I am living outside it).

3. Then your vehicle is physically inspected, on that or some other day. A letter is sent by RTO B to RTO A to confirm that the NOC is bona-fide. This letter is usually never answered, so a copy of the letter is handed to you so that your agent in RTO A can get the necessary confirmation sent. You new registration is released within days.

See, so simple! I love my India!
Can I proceed with the transfer of the vehicle to state B before applying for the NOC at state A, provided I have the form 28 with pencil inscription of the VIN number, attested photocopy of RC and attested photocopy of Insurance at hand? I was told by the clerk at RTO that clearance from the Crime Branch is the first priority for which I have applied. I was told it will take at least 15 days. As I am in a bit of a hurry, can I proceed with the transfer of the vehicle anyway?
Old 27th October 2014, 13:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A letter is sent by RTO B to RTO A to confirm that the NOC is bona-fide. This letter is usually never answered, so a copy of the letter is handed to you so that your agent in RTO A can get the necessary confirmation sent. You new registration is released within days.
I was in the process of transferring my company leased car from Bangalore to Noida. My agent told me that it will take 6-7 months minimum to get the confirmation from RTO A (Bangalore).
A copy of letter if its indeed handed over, would be a great help. Does one have to specifically request for the copy or they provide it by default?

Another question. Suppose i pay the tax and get temporary registration (without registration number from RTO B), what if i need to sell or transfer the car to some other person during the time period i have not been alloted the RTO B Number yet (but paid the tax) ? Is it possible?
Old 17th February 2015, 09:10   #42
BHPian

If I purchase a 1980's car from KL and wish to use it in MH
What would be the steps?
The car does not have the Purchase Invoice.
Old 8th July 2019, 19:12   #43
BHPian

Hey, I know I'm bumping a pretty old thread. I have a similar query. My NOC from AP expired back in 2016. I believe the period of validity is 6 months. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to use the same NOC now. My agent told me that the fine is 500 per month. But I believe there must be a maximum limit for the fine like all other RTO charges. I'd like to know what this amount would be.

Most Viewed