Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2013, 17:47   #826
BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
I own a 2012 model. I haven't faced any quality issues so far, most I've heard are engine paint chipping etc. Parts are easily available. The only issue I had was a cracked rear tyre but got it replaced under warranty.
Great to hear that. I love both the new Red and the white colour, but the dealer (Ananda Honda) did not have a white one for me to check in person. So, I am waiting for stocks to come in before I book
Old 28th August 2014, 12:07   #827
Team-BHP Support

Launch of the CBR300R might get postponed to 2015 -

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...ia-125026.html
Old 29th August 2014, 15:48   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Launch of the CBR300R might get postponed to 2015 -

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...ia-125026.html
Sigh. So my wait for this bike gets longer. I don't know what exactly are the problems they have to bring it down to India.
Old 5th September 2014, 23:11   #829
BHPian

Hello,
Any one planning to buy a CBR250 now?
Please let me know, if so.

Thanks.
sujithpnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 15:13   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithpnair View Post
Hello,
Any one planning to buy a CBR250 now?
Please let me know, if so.

Thanks.
Was doing research for a friend, and decided against it because I don't think the Honda dealers give a rat's behind about CBR customers. They're selling enough Activas and Splendor clones to make themselves rich, so there aren't any test-ride motorcycles available at all. What finally convinced me was a letter I wrote to the company asking them why no test ride, and they didn't bother replying. Not so much as an acknowledgement. If this is the way they behave with prospective customers, I shudder to think of the treatment meted out to owners.

KTM, here we come.
Old 9th January 2015, 15:42   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Was doing research for a friend, and decided against it because I don't think the Honda dealers give a rat's behind about CBR customers. They're selling enough Activas and Splendor clones to make themselves rich, so there aren't any test-ride motorcycles available at all. What finally convinced me was a letter I wrote to the company asking them why no test ride, and they didn't bother replying. Not so much as an acknowledgement. If this is the way they behave with prospective customers, I shudder to think of the treatment meted out to owners.

KTM, here we come.
Recently i had a starting complaint in my cbr and after diagonising by the service centre they found that the fuel pump is not working due to the blockage by rusting particles from the fuel tank. the fuel tank has completely corroded inside and they are asking me to change the fuel pump which costs Rs 12,000/-. The petrol tank in my pulser which is 2009 model is as good as new. wondering is this a one of or all cbr facing the problem. I have complained to customer care. waiting for the reply. another strange thing i noticed is service technician is telling me not to claim warranty as they will debit it in his account.
Old 9th January 2015, 15:48   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags View Post
Recently i had a starting complaint in my cbr and after diagonising by the service centre they found that the fuel pump is not working due to the blockage by rusting particles from the fuel tank. the fuel tank has completely corroded inside and they are asking me to change the fuel pump which costs Rs 12,000/-. The petrol tank in my pulser which is 2009 model is as good as new. wondering is this a one of or all cbr facing the problem. I have complained to customer care. waiting for the reply. another strange thing i noticed is service technician is telling me not to claim warranty as they will debit it in his account.
The fuel tank corroding is an issue that may or may not be related to manufacturing - I live near the sea, and we have found that if you don't keep your tank topped up, over the years metal tanks tend to corrode because of the moisture and salt in the air. However, the service guy telling you to not claim warranty is crap - he's doing it because if you claim warranty, he can't turn a profit from the sale of a tank and hours invested in the fitment. He'll have to bill the labour to the company, and the company will send another tank to him to replace the one he uses for you.

Go ahead, claim warranty.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 16:05   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You should claim warranty. How old is the bike? Which service centre?
Old 11th January 2015, 14:50   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i noticed is service technician is telling me not to claim warranty as they will debit it in his account.
100% wrong information or he might've meant that it might affect the ASC's stake on technical competence with HMSI

I've nearly 4 year old CPR & there's no rust in tank or whatsoever. I would suggest taking to reputed ASC like Saffire Honda in Bangalore & get the issue fixed. Pls check this thread where some reputed ASC has been listed - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...questions.html

Last edited by aargee : 11th January 2015 at 14:51.
Old 15th May 2015, 22:06   #835
BHPian

The 250s of today are in many ways a step backward. While we're all hoping for a nice affordable 250cc twin, there were inline 4 250s from all the 4 Japanese brands from the mid or late 1980s to mind 90s.

The Honda CBR250RR is yore made its horsepower in the high 30s and revved to 20000rpm. You have got to hear this.

Twin cylinders tend to drone, inline 3s growl, the big inline 4s howl , but these small short stroke inline 4s wail, and wail like they're tail is on fire !

What fun this sounds like !

Mods: couldn't find a better thread to post this, please move this post if there is a more relevant thread.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 12:05   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
The 250s of today are in many ways a step backward. While we're all hoping for a nice affordable 250cc twin, there were inline 4 250s from all the 4 Japanese brands from the mid or late 1980s to mind 90s.

The Honda CBR250RR is yore made its horsepower in the high 30s and revved to 20000rpm. You have got to hear this.
Woah! Amazing video bro. Thanks for sharing.

I was a little concerned though at the way he passed the cyclist and how close ..... seeing as I am a cyclist now.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:14   #837
BHPian

Hi folks, I am planning to pick a pre owned(May 2014) ABS variant with 11k on odo. As far as i have followed the CBR 250r in india what i have learned is there were issues with some 2011 bikes. Are their any peculiar issues or things i need to check with this? Secondly does 1.05 lacs sound good for the bike?
Old 28th October 2015, 12:44   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Hi folks, I am planning to pick a pre owned(May 2014) ABS variant with 11k on odo. As far as i have followed the CBR 250r in india what i have learned is there were issues with some 2011 bikes. Are their any peculiar issues or things i need to check with this? Secondly does 1.05 lacs sound good for the bike?
I personally find it odd that someone is selling the ABS variant for 1.05L. Most people sell the non-ABS variant for about that much. But then again, the on-road price of the ABS in Delhi is under 2L if I'm not mistaken. Do check for accidents and a service history.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 12:24   #839
BHPian

Bikes have come and gone, but for me my baby FireBlade aka CBR250R can't ever be replaced. A bike with chassis/agility of a supersport combined with mild ergonomics of a gentle sports tourer. On this bike, you can corner, tour and commute; i.e., do it all. A perfect versatile everyday sports bike.

Bought it 7 years ago solely for cornering(as touring is not my cup of tea) and the bike hasn't disappointed at all. Replaced stock Contigos with Michelin Pilot Street Radials and they just transformed the handling of the bike.

Here is a picture of my 'Blade during today's canyon ride:

Sorry mods for back to back posts but was unable to attach two pics at a time hence making another post. Kindly merge it with the above post if possible.

Here is another pic of my bike from today's weekend ride:

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-20230514_105336.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-20230514_105407.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th May 2023 at 17:07. Reason: back to back posts merged
FireBlade is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 23:29   #840
BHPian

This bike is an empty canvas to paint on, for us enthusiasts. It can do everything. It's basically the swiss army knife of the quarter litre segment here in India. Costs less to buy used, worth the money you invest on it and will give you loads of fun everytime you ride it. My morning commute becomes exciting just because of this bike, inspite of the mad Hyderabad traffic.

Us owners who still are hanging onto these gems, we're the fortunate ones. We still savour the quality of a bygone era which is absent on today's motorcycles. Till date I haven't found a competent motorcycle to this one (even after riding the newest R15 V4). The engine, when paired with the right engine oil, is just a pocket rocket. This bike shows its weight, but it can be considered as a characteristic of this.

I've upgraded to Michelin Pilot Street Radials on my bike, and it handles like a train on rails! It holds corners well, gives me the confidence to get into the bends. I've recently changed the engine oil from MOTUL 10W40 to LiquiMoly 10W40, and now the engine feels more eager to jump, and less restrictive when compared to the Motul.

All I can say is, HMSI is so wrong to take away this GEM of a motorcycle from us.

This machine will keep running as long as I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-pxl_20230218_164447460.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-pxl_20230218_164515780.jpg  

saitvsk23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks