Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 16:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
You can try eBay too.
Great. I found a seller on ebay.in selling it at Rs. 170. Have been wanting to get hold of these for a while.

manson.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations Brocklock!

A fantastic purchase in an equally fantastic shade! Loving the black Ninja! And it's good to see the 250R in its elements. Fantastic pictures there! You've taken some superb photos. Why don't you get yourself a dedicated camera and work your magic? It will be an absolute treat for everyone here!

Take care and ride safe!
Thanks! Glad you like the pics so much. I have a dedicated camera - just managed to misplace the charger and haven't gotten around to getting a replacement yet...
Old 26th November 2010, 22:58   #48
BHPian

Thanks for the response.

The other technician forgot to connect my spark plug cable to the spark plug and closed all the panels of the bike.Later he realized and opened up the panels again.Now there is only one technician left and his name is Gulbag and he is the head technician pro biking workshop.

I have ordered few accessories from a website called 20noth.com.Its gets products from the US.Its slightly expensive because of the duties but you can give it a try,you will find a lot of stuff on it for your bike.
Old 27th November 2010, 10:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Thanks for the response.

The other technician forgot to connect my spark plug cable to the spark plug and closed all the panels of the bike.Later he realized and opened up the panels again.Now there is only one technician left and his name is Gulbag and he is the head technician pro biking workshop.

I have ordered few accessories from a website called 20noth.com.Its gets products from the US.Its slightly expensive because of the duties but you can give it a try,you will find a lot of stuff on it for your bike.
I see. The guy who worke don mine - Gulbahar I think - seemed to be pretty decent, thankfully.

I have used 20north.com before,but not for this... I'll have a look. Thanks for the tip! Here's a few leads I found / were suggested to me by Aditya:

Home - BACHOO MOTOR & CYCLE COMPANY
PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and..
Puig | Cúpulas racing, standard y accesorios para el tuning de tu moto | Puig

India Distributor for PUIG aftermarket parts:
ULTIMATE AUTO IMPEX
21/A JAYWANT INS.EST.,OPP CROSS
TARDEO, MUMBAI - 400034 - TARDEO
91-22-23521448
ultimateauto99@yahoo.in

Puig frame sliders (Crash Pads) for Ninja - Black REF. 5170N
Sticker sheet, Carbon REF. 4556C / Carbon REF. 4557C
Performance tank pad Carbon REF. 4051C
Mini Tank pad, Carbon REF. 2560C

www.rinkya.com: Online service called “Rinkya” — Which is an ordering proxy service that will order the part locally in Japan, and ship it direct to you (For a small fee of course).

www.atech.com: Japanese manufacturer selling aftermarket parts, but hard to understand the site because it's mostly in Japanese. Has some really good stuff.

What about accessories for your Ninja? Tell me more about it...Are you done with the frame sliders / crash guards, etc.? What colour do you have and how much have you ridden yet?
Old 27th November 2010, 13:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Dude, loved the pics and report from the Mussoorie ride. Got me all nostalgic , used to ride on that road almost everyday. I havent been able to ride it for the last 3 days thanks to some crazy stuff at office. I hope to take it out for a ride today and tomorrow.

Hows the Ponta sahib road these days? That will also be a good place to ride on (atleast used to be).
Old 27th November 2010, 14:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Dude, loved the pics and report from the Mussoorie ride. Got me all nostalgic , used to ride on that road almost everyday. I havent been able to ride it for the last 3 days thanks to some crazy stuff at office. I hope to take it out for a ride today and tomorrow.

Hows the Ponta sahib road these days? That will also be a good place to ride on (atleast used to be).
Hi! Hope things will be better for you soon! I haven't been able to ride for the last 2 days myself. Planning to go out later today.

Haven't been on the Paonta Sahib road in recent times. I'll go and have a look soon neough, I guess..
Old 27th November 2010, 16:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Hi! Hope things will be better for you soon! I haven't been able to ride for the last 2 days myself. Planning to go out later today.

Haven't been on the Paonta Sahib road in recent times. I'll go and have a look soon neough, I guess..
Its super crowded now! But all the bridges have been constructed, so it will be smooth sailing and no off-roading. :P

The roads are good, remember to take a left instead of heading for Assaan Barrage. It will take you through a lovely forest road. That road is sheer heaven. I absolutely love driving there.

By the way, people have gotten dumber and you can expect more people to attempt suicide under your wheels than before.

Talking about Doon makes me super nostalgic. :P
Old 29th November 2010, 12:42   #53
BHPian

Hi Brocklock,

Thanks for the sites.Have you ever purchased from Rinkya?I have a Lime Ninja and it has clocked 2100 kms.The performance is really good but the only thing that i don't like is the exhaust note.The bike is very silent like any Honda 150cc bike and if you pass by no one will notice it until you rev it extremely hard which i don't tend to do.My pulsar 220F sounds more louder than the Ninja even when its idling.
I went to Planet Dsg in Mumbai to check few exhaust system and found out a yoshimura exhaust for the ninja 250.You can check out the sound of the exhaust on Youtube though i didn't like it.I ordered side protectors from 20 north an they are really good.Now i am looking to get the new panels or graphics of the 2010 edition bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Ninja 250R in Team-BHP : MINE!-kawasaki-ninja-250r-2010-lime-green.jpg  

Old 29th November 2010, 13:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the only thing that i don't like is the exhaust note.The bike is very silent like any Honda 150cc bike and if you pass by no one will notice it until you rev it extremely hard which i don't tend to do.
There's not much one can do to improve the exhaust note of the ninja 250.

First of all its a small 250cc motor. Second, its a twin cylinder.

So dont ever plonk an aftermarket pipe expecting it to sound like an inline four. It's just not possible. Any exhaust be it a Yoshi or a two brothers or an Akrapovic on a twin cylinder engine like the ninja will make it sound like a dirt bike at high revv's.

If you want to make the bike louder try the M4 exhaust or the Hot Bodies MGP Growler. These sound a wee bit better IMO but again will sound like a dirt bike at high revv's. Bassy notes will be more evident at low revv's though. I personally love the stock sound for its racy note.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Brocklock,

Thanks for the sites.Have you ever purchased from Rinkya?I have a Lime Ninja and it has clocked 2100 kms.The performance is really good but the only thing that i don't like is the exhaust note.The bike is very silent like any Honda 150cc bike and if you pass by no one will notice it until you rev it extremely hard which i don't tend to do.My pulsar 220F sounds more louder than the Ninja even when its idling.
I went to Planet Dsg in Mumbai to check few exhaust system and found out a yoshimura exhaust for the ninja 250.You can check out the sound of the exhaust on Youtube though i didn't like it.I ordered side protectors from 20 north an they are really good.Now i am looking to get the new panels or graphics of the 2010 edition bike.
Hi Rahul,

I have never purchased from Rinkya, but my friend has and he's pretty happy with their service.

About the sound, as Aditya says, there's only so much you can do to make it louder. Also, an aftermarket exhaust does sound like a dirtbike at high revs. However, having said that, I have had occasion to listen to a ported Ninja 250 with a full Yoshi Carbon Fibre Exhaust in the US, and it sounds pretty nice at what I'm estimating was 3-6k rpm, which is proboably where you'll be most of the time in this city, or even on the back roads here.. Hard to put into words, but it sounded pretty brawny. Wasn't too thrilled with the idle note, though.

Of course, I'm assuming that bike was running the dual-Keihins, as the US model does... I wonder if the exhaust note would change between the carburetted and fuel-injected versions...

As far as I go, I prefer to fly under the radar as much as possible, without attracting too much attention. I like the stock note for this very reason - she's quiet and inconspicuous at low revs, and still retains the ability to belt it out loud if you feel like listening to a little music .

I don't think you'll get a really good idea listening to exh pipes on youtube, because these are majorly influenced by the acoustics of the space. Also, a lot of these guys have made vids in their garages or underground parkings, which IMHO doesn't tell you squat about how it sounds in open spaces.

About orders from 20north, how long does it take for delivery? Do post a few pics of your bike, esp the side protectors you mentioned... What did you get - Puigs?

** Just listened to what is apparently a ported 250 with a full Yoshimura CF on youtube... Man, it sounds absolutely nothing like what it did in person.

Last edited by Brocklock : 29th November 2010 at 20:18.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:11   #56
BHPian

Thanks for the Aditya & Brocklock,

I agree with you guys on the exhaust note thing.So won't be changing the exhaust.I got side protectors which have ZXR mentioned on them..They are of good quality but i have to get them installed.Can't find a guy to install them.

I received the item in 8 days and was very well packed.I am planning to get the carbon fibre indicators which also look awesome.The more things i see on the website the more i want to get stuff for my bike.

Your bike is black so you can get the golden levers for clutch and front brake.I can't recall the brand but they look really great.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your bike is black so you can get the golden levers for clutch and front brake.I can't recall the brand but they look really great.
Pazzo Levers? Performance Racing Store stocks them.

@Brocklock - see attached photos (will take better ones soon). I have the Puig Frame Sliders. Cost me 6k and it was installed at the bajaj service center.

Bachoo Motors and DSG stocks them.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Ninja 250R in Team-BHP : MINE!-76036_459159723385_720583385_5725682_1195400_n.jpg  

Another Ninja 250R in Team-BHP : MINE!-gopr1112.jpg  

Old 30th November 2010, 08:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
@Brocklock - see attached photos (will take better ones soon). I have the Puig Frame Sliders. Cost me 6k and it was installed at the bajaj service center.

Bachoo Motors and DSG stocks them.
Thans Aditya. I'm thinking of getting the Puigs because I haven't seen any other good ones..Will probably buy from DSG.. Have you seen any other good ones?

Quote:
Thanks for the Aditya & Brocklock,

I agree with you guys on the exhaust note thing.So won't be changing the exhaust.I got side protectors which have ZXR mentioned on them..They are of good quality but i have to get them installed.Can't find a guy to install them.

I received the item in 8 days and was very well packed.I am planning to get the carbon fibre indicators which also look awesome.The more things i see on the website the more i want to get stuff for my bike.

I'd say have a word with Gulbahar in the Probiking workshop over the phone and get it done there. Just take the mounting instructions with you. I think he's just about he only person who can do it properly, at least in Dehra.

About the levers, yeah, I've seen them too...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

You can also use the "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th November 2010 at 10:54.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post
Thanks Aditya. I'm thinking of getting the Puigs because I haven't seen any other good ones.. Have you seen any other good ones?
I've not seen any other brand of frame sliders here for the Ninja. There is a brand by the name Shogun which is apparently the most popular and reportedly the best. But although the Shogun No Cut sliders are supposed to be no cut, it involves grinding of the crank case cover to fit the slider.

You can also get carbon fiber sliders, titanium sliders etc. but not in India.

P.S. Order from Bachoo Motors. Speak to Zulfi, refer my name and you might get a discount. DSG quotes 6.5k + shipping for these sliders.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th November 2010 at 11:00.
Old 30th November 2010, 13:28   #60
BHPian

OT : Couldn't Resist!

Quote:
@ n_aditya;
Why were you guys stopped on a toll booth. For pay toll? Even for a bike???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks