Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 15:11   #16
BHPian

re: 10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhishek View Post
@Thar4X4, congrats on the bike dude. My bike is contemporary with your bike. Even I got my bullet in the last lot. Very much happy to own one

I guess one thing is sure, you will never regret owning a bullet.
Very True Abhishek, my bull will compete 2 years in coming June and I am enjoying every moment

Thanks for comment.

Happy Thumping !
Vishal
Old 20th June 2011, 18:08   #17
BHPian

re: 10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold

I am turned 30 and Black Bull turned 2 yesterday, brought new small friend for us.

24 carat gold plated.

10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-19062011064.jpg

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:11   #18
BHPian

Thread is not updated since long as there was no major trip apart from Saddle Sore 1000 on 11/11/11 however today thought came into my mind about replacing my RE STD 350 CI with new Classic 350/500 for new technology (Classic was no launched when I brought STD). There is no major issue I am facing but the Classic UCE engine's refinement is way ahead from CI engine, the pains are:

1. The bike is gifted by my wife on my birthday in 2009.
2. There is no major issue however the engine parts sound,old CB point setting which can go kaput at anytime, engine temperature go up while riding in city traffic, oil leakage (no solution) and riding in the city makes me crazy like why I am riding age old bike, just for thump? :P
3. The other 2 wheeler is TVS schooty which I will never ride so can't keep as second bike.
3. I still love her from heart. :|

Suggesting?

Latest picture of her
10,000 kms review of the legendary Royal Enfield STD 350 (Black). EDIT: Now sold-bike1.jpg
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:56   #19
BHPian

CL 500 should be worthy and exciting upgrade for you since you have used a 350 cc motor and 19 BHP.

Also, expect a very good price if you sell this one, you will be surely tempted for an upgrade

Last edited by TaurusAl : 3rd April 2012 at 21:57.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 17:41   #20
BHPian

Stick to the CI350.
tune it up a bit for performance.
switch over the CL500 when RE resolves QC related issues across its product line up.
iron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 18:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok_balsekar View Post

Made of Steel - not plastic
Designed by men - not machines
Timing set by skilled hands - not microchips

RIDDEN BY MEN - NOT BOYS.
Could not have said it any better. Cheers !

I never had a thing for RE. Always thought of them as bulky, outdated and a thing of the past. I used to laugh in my mind when someone I know buys a new bullet. (Yes, I am giulty of doing that.) On a recent trip, I had a chance to ride the CL 350 for about 200kms at a stretch.

Now I am bitten by the Royal bug. I felt like cancelling the trip and riding straight to an RE showroom to pick up one. Would have done that if not for the crazy waiting period.

And here we have a STD 350. "Legendary" as the tittle says. Am sure you will feel special everytime you ride it. And a little more special than normal because your wife gifted it.

Keep riding !

Note: As people said, keep the STD till the CL500 nigles are sorted out.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 4th April 2012 at 18:51.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:31   #22
BHPian

Now days I am facing some issue about bike skidding/wobbling while turning at around 80 Km/h also rear tyre skids like bicycle in urgent breaking, any suggestion for tyre? Also I am thinking of fixing disc break, have anyone using it on STD 350 CI?

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 5th April 2012, 13:02   #23
BHPian

Hi Vishal : Use more front brakes than the rear to stop the bike at all speeds. If done perfectly, your bike won't skid and you will get the advantage of stopping within a short distance. During the time I started to ride an Enfield, I was feeling confident that O.K this is a heavy bike and won't skid until one day two ladies ran across the road without caring to take notice of the traffic. I hit the rear brakes and ended up with a 90 degree skid. Since then, I am relying more on my front brakes for better stops.
Regards Adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 22:17   #24
BHPian

Hi Vishal,
You have got a beautiful piece of machinery in your hand. You will regret badly, even if you get yourself a C500 or C750/C1500 , after selling this. I would say that Standard 350s, especially the last ones (2008/09/10 models) were the best in the lot.
Disc brakes can be fitted and is pretty effective too. Not sure about the current price, but the whole kit from RE used to cost around 6k until sometime back. The twin lead brakes that you have upfront should be pretty good though.

Skidding/wobbling can be because of busted bearings or bend in the rims. At the front, it could also because of a lack of lubrication/tight cone set (ball race).

Last edited by jeeva : 5th April 2012 at 22:24.
jeeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 19:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi Vishal : Use more front brakes than the rear to stop the bike at all speeds. If done perfectly, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hi Vishal,
You have got a beautiful piece of machinery in your hand. You will regret badly, ..
adrian and jeeva,

How I missed you comments on my thread, you didn't quoted me .

I am still facing the breaking and skidding issue and now loosing confidence on wet surfacing and now are rainy days. :(

However wobbling is fixed, did a Bombay servicing.

So I am going to try something one by one (depend on budget).
1. Change front tire with some good rubber.
2. Clean the front disc, may be change liners etc.
3. if 1 did not solves the skidding issue change the rear tire as well, I am thinking of making it 18".
4. if 2 did not solves the breaking issue then shift to disc.

All the above 4 items are worth of around 10 K damage to my pocket so going to play safe.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 7th August 2012 at 19:34. Reason: added some more text
Old 7th August 2012, 21:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hi Vishal,
Not sure about the current price, but the whole kit from RE used to cost around 6k until sometime back.
It is now 7 K and added with the installation costs, you have a disc brake for 8K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
adrian and jeeva,
3. if 1 did not solves the skidding issue change the rear tire as well, I am thinking of making it 18".
l
Hi Vishal, don't go for the eighteen-er on the rear. You will loose the look on your machine (it will look slouched down). The tire size on the rear never compliments braking as during hard braking the weight of the bike shifts to the front. So I think as Jeeva said - go for the disc brakes.
regards adrian
Old 7th August 2012, 21:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
It is now 7 K and added with the installation costs, you have a disc brake for 8K.

Hi Vishal, don't go for the eighteen-er on the rear. You will loose the look on your machine (it will look slouched down). The tire size on the rear never compliments braking as during hard braking the weight of the bike shifts to the front. So I think as Jeeva said - go for the disc brakes.
regards adrian
Cool, looking at the options and prices of disc break kit. Do you have pictures of the disc break fitted on STD 350, I am searching for whole day but could't find it. Where the disc holder fit on current fork as there is no arrangement for the same, if not do I need to change the fork as well?

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 7th August 2012, 21:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Cool, looking at the options and prices of disc break kit. Do you have pictures of the disc break fitted on STD 350, I am searching for whole day but could't find it. Where the disc holder fit on current fork as there is no arrangement for the same, if not do I need to change the fork as well?

Thanks,
Vishal
Desideep has installed one on his 350. Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...avl-std-4.html
regards adrian
Old 7th August 2012, 22:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Desideep has installed one on his 350. Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...avl-std-4.html
regards adrian
That is cool setup and my god he have rear disc break too.

I will ask him to put some more detail picture if he is active member.

Thanks for pointing.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 9th February 2013, 09:07   #30
BHPian

Men
I am facing a very frequent brake of accelerator cable on my 2006 Std 350. Cable broke very often @ 1-1.2 k kms.
Anyone has faced this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks