Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 15:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Confused - what bike to buy?

Why don't you look at the Honda Unicorn? It will easily cover all your requirements (except maybe the looks which is purely a personal point of view). The bike is quite tall and should be fine even for 6+' riders. Mileage about 48 - 55 kmpl and a very very refined engine.

But yes, you will not stand out in the crowd with a unicorn but it sure is good VFM.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:49   #17
BHPian

i would suggest you go for the Dazzler, which has decent looks and good performance.

i would not suggest you to go for the Electra as it does not suit your needs (i own one and i love it absolutely!!)
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:27   #18
BHPian

HI Amit from another Amit,

I would say let us fix on a fuel efficiency figure of 40kmpl in city condition.
As 2000 kms is quite a lot of driving for a single month,i suggest you go for bikes which are light and of modern technology,otherwise it will be a pain to handle a heavy bike for your city+highway runs and also not so fuel efficient and reliable. I am talking about Enfield(Heavy+Old technology).I would have once recommended.
I would not suggest any 150 bike bcoz you will not be satisfied with the power as you have already used. I suggest you a Apache RTR 180 which will give power as well as good fuel efficiency. Karizma is also a good bike but it wont give you fuel efficiency.Somehwere between 32 to 39kmpl
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:02   #19
BHPian

FZ or GS , i must say. CBR will have a similar riding stance as the R15
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The RTR 180 does strike a balance between performance, handling, efficiency and hassle free ownership.

+ves:
  • Pretty good performance for a 180 cc
  • Great handling(FZ might score higher in cities)
  • Respectable top end
  • Decent FE
  • and yes, hassle free ownership (I own an RTR160 for almost 4 years now).
  • Not so common (depends on where you live).
-ves:
  • I'm not sure if it would seat you comfortably(6ft?), do take a test drive.
  • Vibrations above 6k. Can get annoying sometimes.
  • A.S.S , again, depends on where you live. I had a very bad experience with one A.S.S , but the other one seemed to be exact opposite.
Well, other than this, I can think of only ZMR, if budget allows.

And, you could gain some A.S.S experience by moving out of the pulsar range .
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
-ves:
  • I'm not sure if it would seat you comfortably(6ft?), do take a test drive
I have an RTR160 and I am 6ft. tall. It did take getting used to the seating position initially. But once I found a comfy position, it has been smooth sailing all the way. So RTR180 should also be a good choice except for the vibes in the handle bar and foot pegs. Irritating vibes is an understatement!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Why don't you look at the Honda Unicorn? It will easily cover all your requirements (except maybe the looks which is purely a personal point of view). The bike is quite tall and should be fine even for 6+' riders. Mileage about 48 - 55 kmpl and a very very refined engine.

But yes, you will not stand out in the crowd with a unicorn but it sure is good VFM.
On the above note, if you are looking VFM my choice would be go for a Suzuki Gixxer no no no not the GS1000RR!! I mean the GS150R. You will indeed stand out in the crowd and for sure its a head turner. I can assure you of it so much because I own one and I'm completely in love with it and get lots of looks when I am out on the road from both the sexes I am also little over 6 ft and this bike has one of the seating positions, best ride quality and smooth engines(unicorn too!!) On the flip side its bit heavy which would be very handy when you are out on long drives for over 30mins!

If you can afford and wait a bit, go for the Honda 250R with C-ABS(provided if you would be on long drives buy one such bike) if you are looking for city commuting only, then a Apache or FZ would be the best buy.
Old 5th February 2011, 13:33   #23
BHPian

Bajaj is launching the Duke 200 & or or 125 soon enough! you migh want to considem them as well. A.S.S is something i cannnot comment about. Ideal choice would be a model which has been around for around a year or so to avoid teething problems from the company side.
Old 6th February 2011, 02:47   #24
BHPian

Have you decided how soon you want the vehicle? If you are ready to wait, hold on till the CBR 250R comes out. There is already a shoot-out in Bike magazine. So, do check it out. I'm not sure about the Dukes though.
Old 6th February 2011, 04:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Considering your requirements, the Unicorn seems ideal. you may also want to think about the Thunderbird, depending on your budget
Old 6th February 2011, 09:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Considering your requirements, the Unicorn seems ideal. you may also want to think about the Thunderbird, depending on your budget

I fully agree that the Thunderbird is the bike to go for!!! though if i had loads of money, the newly launched Harley would be standing in my garage!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks