Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 14:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage

Hi All,

Below I have penned down my experience with of my love at first sight, how I proposed her and her yes, something about our engagement and the way she became legally mine and something about our post-marriage life so far.

My search for my second girlfriend started as I had to part ways with my previous one a Discover DTS-i since I had to leave the country to learn for my living. So once I came back, I felt I was all alone, left to stroll in the streets of such an unknown and uncaring big city. So decided to have a companion with whom I can travel miles without knowing the troubles of travelling. "The One" I dont want to infringe the copyrights from our Sam, so let me call her the "The Angel".

It was one fine morning in the month of May that I saw her near my house, it was beautiful dawn, lovely pleasant weather, I with a cup of coffee in my hand was roaming outside my house in the garden. Then that happened, there she passed by my house, in full orange dress. Wow! what a figure! It was it, the end of my search for second girlfriend. Yes I have seen her, my future better half. She is a Suzuki GS150R. Though I always wanted to marry a Yamaha R1(well ya it would be homo, but still its a beast worth it) but this one provoked the man in me, and saved the nature by keeping its laws.

So then I started searching for her profile online in all the matrimonial sites like TBHP and many more. Finally found her profile from somewhere, and yes it was in our TBHP itself. I started to look for her more and more, and everyday I used to run outside to see her on the road, and my love for her was increasing day by day. The one side love, I wanted to make it a marriage made in heaven, I knew it would happen someday I would have her. Even though she was allergic to oxygen I decided to forget her shortcomings, as humans we are no perfect, how can I expect her to be? so said to myself that I will take good care of her and make sure she wont get near her allergic stuff.

So finally, I convinced my parents for the marriage. Went straight to her parents at SMK Suzuki, Velachery and brought her home along with by finishing all the paper works then and there. I couldnt even wait for her to be brought from the hostel, rather took the one from the showroom. Wow she yes she has become mine finally. My love has become mine. The drive back home with her, I was once more in love with her and her road manners. She commanded looks from others, and I couldnt feel any better that to see other bikers turning their heads drooling at my girl. I got her with a orange tops and black pants. The first such colour in the city, so was I told by her caretakers at showroom.

Finally on 29th of may our marriage happened at the Meenambakkam RTO and she was legally mine!! Wow!! I just loved that moment. Back home with her was a breeze.

Iam extremely happy with her and our relationship is 8months old now, with her I have travelled about 4000kms so far, because I keep shuttling between bangalore and chennai, so I dont get time to spend with her. Will post her pics soon and I hope all are gentlemen here

Right now, we are happily living together and luckily, my girl hasnt got that allergy to Oxygen and she is perfectly fine. She's been to her parents 7times and so far my in-laws at the service center have been feeding her with good oil and taking good care of her. As time passes my bond with her is simply getting stronger and stronger and she's giving me back the same in terms of ride confidence while on road. She can challenge any other on the road, at times I have gone with her on a 100 mts sprint between signals and always she makes the RTR's and definitely male bikes look like jokers. She has got so much power hidden, one tap, she runs like a stabbed rabbit. I used to think her a soft angel but then realised she is a beautiful beast.

On the other hand, even after such sprints, at the end of the day she is a girl at heart, soft, caring and smooth. I give her a litre of her food and she wont hesitate to take me over 50kms.

Woo that was a long story. pics to follow soon..

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 13th February 2011 at 14:26.
Old 13th February 2011, 14:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriag

Cool, not many people own a GS 150. I own a Suzuki GS150R though. Man, I must also put up a review now. It's a great bike.
Old 13th February 2011, 15:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriag

WAG7 indeed!! Why should we shy away? we own one good piece of machine from Suzuki. Do use this thread to share your experiences and thoughts on the bike. We can discuss common issues pertaining to this bike here. I believe there is one more user in TBHP who's got a baby Gixxer.

Pics I'm searching for a good spot to shoot her. Have found a good spot just that not enough time to click and upload. Soon will be uploading them.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 13th February 2011 at 15:16.
Old 13th February 2011, 18:01   #4

I am a proud owner of a Orange GS150R as well, beats all other commuter 150 cc bikes hands down. A real pleasure to drive in highways, i do around 100 Km in highways daily, no complains whatsoever.

If it was not for the poor advertisements and limited dealerships, GS150R would have been selling like hotcakes.
GoAudiJOSHI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2011, 19:05   #5
BHPian

A very successful love story indeed Not many have gone for this bike though it's a good one. Hopefully the rust issues in the tank has been sorted out for all the vehicles by now. This was a very close contender when I bought my bike. Sometimes I do wonder why I didn't go for this refined bike. Wishing you many, many years of happy wedded life. Rider her safe
Old 13th February 2011, 23:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

@GoAudiJoshi, which part of chennai do you live? correct man if not for the poor advertisements(no advertisements at all actually) this bike is a 150 cc segment leader. Moreover I feel that Suzuki launched it pretty late by then the segment was already over crowded with Pulsars, RTR's, Hunks and CBZ's and not to forget the Unicorns. About the rusting issue, the post 2010 bikes dont seem to suffer that problem. Atleast mine doesnt and a few of my other acquaintances who have the same baby Gixxer. I also heard that a new limited edition is due to come out with some stickering work and a new more rust resistant tank. No official source for this info though. But I would love to see a better bike. Ya, this marriage will not last long, as I will be going abroad again very soon. But this time, I have decided not to part ways with her, rather, I am planning to preserve her based on the advices from TBHP. So this marriage will last but probably no kids
Old 15th February 2011, 00:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, Engagement and the Marriage

Pics!! Teaser to start with..
Attached Thumbnails
Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00433.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc004281.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00429.jpg  

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 15th February 2011 at 01:16.
Old 15th February 2011, 01:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Last one for the day..
Attached Thumbnails
Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00448.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00435.jpg  

Old 15th February 2011, 14:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Successfully crossed the 4K mark on the odo as you must have noticed it from the pic. Its been a while since I have gotten to drive her so much.

Regarding the headlights, other owners do you feel the headlight illumination adequate? Well, now that most of the Pulsars are with DC throwing out steady (High) beams, it feels really bad to be driving with a alternator powered lights and that too since I keep my beams low all the time, I feel a DC would be helpful to teach the Highbeam morons a good taste of what they are doing to other road users.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

@AlphaKilo - Unique and very engaging writing style. Wishing you many more happy miles with your love.

@rdna - Buddy, don't worry.. you can make your bike refined too!! Get the clutch issues sorted and then we will meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
....Sometimes I do wonder why I didn't go for this refined bike.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
@AlphaKilo - Unique and very engaging writing style. Wishing you many more happy miles with your love.

@rdna - Buddy, don't worry.. you can make your bike refined too!! Get the clutch issues sorted and then we will meet up.

@Abhinav: Thanks mate!
@RDNA what bike you ride by the way??
Old 15th February 2011, 15:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

More pics coming your way.
Attached Thumbnails
Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00446.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00439.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00430.jpg  

Old 15th February 2011, 15:41   #13
BANNED

The other day at a traffic signal, I was standing next to a GS 150R. Black in colour. It looked nice and big. Bigger then my first gen CBZ. Liked it.

Congrats on the buy. This bike really is well executed.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

^^Above, sir, you are absolutely correct. This bike IMHO is the second best well proportioned bike after the Gen-1 CBZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00429.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00437.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00438.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00446.jpg  

Riding the Way of Life - Suzuki GS150R A proposal, The Engagement and the Marriage-dsc00451.jpg  

Old 15th February 2011, 16:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

On suday, went out with my girl for a short spin at the Rajiv Gandhi Road or the OMR highway(as called by most). Once on the highway, she felt as if its her kingdom. She loves to get to the top of her sprinting speed and she easily touched 75 and made sure her man doesnt feel a bit of her speed. The undulations on the road were passed on to me like a mother lullabying her child to sleep, it was like being on a mothers lap. Smooth up and down movements when over pothholes. All this due to her gaseous muscles at the back and her sheer weight. She is bit heavy when compared against others in this category. To be precise she is 149kgs, a heavy weight champion of her category. But this weight of hers keeps her stable no matter how big the vehicle which crosses her on the highways, she remains unshaken.

Now comes her reponse, as I said she is a girl and she loves every bit on this earth. So when she sees someone crossing the road and you ask her to stop, wow there you go, you ask it, there she's got it!! Her stopping power from 70-0 is quite and quick. I mean quite because she will never scare the hell out of you during panick braking. Didnt I tell you she's heavy, now this is where she puts all her weight to use. Her statue like back is rock steady. But I think her shoes arent upto the mark. She will soon get a Michelin pair with tubeless. She does not do that typical nose dip like any bike with disks. She has that dip but that isnt so scary, dont worry, she always likes her man to be on top and she's not the one of women on top kind

Now comes to the way she likes to take me along with her. Her seats make you feel that she is hugging you all around. The moment you are on top of her, you feel you are in a bed of complete comfort. The most comfortable position I have ever been. The huge stomach of hers upfront, the capacity of which is still uncertain, because at times she takes in 15 ltrs and at times 17ltrs. But her parents say she can take 17 ltrs with ease. The curves in her stomach(I should call it a 6pack), give you a comfortable place to rest your legs. She never lets you feel a pain in your ankle or your palm because the foot rests are in apt position and comfortable over long drives.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks