Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 18:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Suggestions Required: Which Bike to buy ? EDIT: Bought a 2003 Rx135 4-speed

Avenger perhaps?

(OT: why is this considered "too short"? Isn't brevity a good thing?)
Old 14th February 2011, 19:25   #17
BHPian

Go for TVS Jive. very comfortable in city traffic. Decent looks,mileage of 60+,reasonable comfort.cheap to buy and maintain.
Since you love Yamaha's,You can go for either Yamaha SS125(aka gladiator) or SZ-X(150cc)
Both are very comfortable and excellent city mile munchers.
Old 14th February 2011, 19:43   #18
BHPian

^^^ +1 - Consider the Jive if you want a no frills bike. I would suggest considering a used bike option as well if you plan to keep it for 4-5yrs max.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I know its been more than 10yrs that I've regularly driven bikes, but cant help due to the peak hour traffic woes in Bangalore. My Bolero consumed 23ltrs of diesel for one week. Earlier, I was using that amount of diesel for 2.5 to 3 weeks for the same distance

All models of Bullets have waiting period of minimum 6mnths.

Am gonna visit all the bike showrooms this saturday and am taking the inputs from the bikers in here which should help me finalize something neat.

Am feeling that if it is not bullet, then there is point in spending anything more than 50k for any other bikes.
Looks like you are a fan of cruisers. So, I would never suggest you RTR/Pulsar/FZ. But, you have only option left i.e., Eliminator to "feel like God" . If you are not going to take any pillion for long drives, it is good enough. If Eliminator is not in your taste, I would suggest to try out Yamaha SZ, a no frills bike with good engine. It costs 50K and expect just a decent mileage (thats a yamaha ).

Test drive before you decide.
Old 14th February 2011, 21:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
....Eliminator to "feel like God" . If you are not going to take any pillion for long drives, it is good enough. If Eliminator is not in your taste, I would suggest to try out Yamaha SZ, a no frills bike with good engine. It costs 50K and expect just a decent mileage (thats a yamaha ).

Test drive before you decide.
I guess you meant the Avenger since Eliminator is not in production anymore. It is a good choice but the OP is not interested anything other than bullets going by the previous post.

If you like bullets then nothing else will satisfy your needs and definitely not a commuter. You will lose interest soon and start repenting ever buying a commuter bike. So better wait and get a Bullet of your choice.
Old 15th February 2011, 07:57   #21
BHPian

Well I don't know why till now people have not suggested you the SUZUKI GS150R. I feel that the best bike to suit all your requirements. 6 Speed gearbox is boon to drive, ileage around 45 to 50 Kmpl, low maintenance and yes Cost is around 70K Mumbai. She is one hell of a bike to drive and I am sure you will like it. Suggest you get a test drive on this vehicle asap and you will know what I am saying also try reading the ownership reviews of this bike, Second option would be the Yamaha SZ-R low cost bike with all Yamaha virtues.

Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 15th February 2011 at 08:00.
Old 15th February 2011, 08:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

I suddenly remembered. Its out of your budget, but its meant for exactly your kind of use case.
The Tata Nano.

Small and nimble, its perfect for bad traffic conditions. Its milage would be around half of what you get with an Enfield. You are safe from pollution and can enjoy music in relative comfort.

DO take a test drive. Let us know how it felt.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I guess you meant the Avenger since Eliminator is not in production anymore. It is a good choice but the OP is not interested anything other than bullets going by the previous post.

If you like bullets then nothing else will satisfy your needs and definitely not a commuter. You will lose interest soon and start repenting ever buying a commuter bike. So better wait and get a Bullet of your choice.
Thank you for reminding me about the name. I still remember the 175cc Eliminator as that was the first I saw before avenger.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Stress-free & enjoyable:-
Yamaha FZ
Honda CB- Dazzler
Old 15th February 2011, 13:07   #25
BHPian

AFAIK Honda's are a tad expensive than the other bikes when it comes to parts and maintainence.I had a Splendour back in 1999 and it was a perfect work horse.But,the service charges and the parts were much higher compared to the Bajaj.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Well I don't know why till now people have not suggested you the SUZUKI GS150R. I feel that the best bike to suit all your requirements. 6 Speed gearbox is boon to drive, ileage around 45 to 50 Kmpl, low maintenance and yes Cost is around 70K Mumbai. She is one hell of a bike to drive and I am sure you will like it. Suggest you get a test drive on this vehicle asap and you will know what I am saying also try reading the ownership reviews of this bike, Second option would be the Yamaha SZ-R low cost bike with all Yamaha virtues.

Kailash
+1 to it! I was about to write the same. personally, as a owner of the bike, I can assure you that it will give you a very big smile everytime you ride her. You will never feel any pothholes on the road and never realise that engine is running. Its so smooth and refined. Mileage varies and depends on your riding habits. I get a decent return of about 55Kmpl. A real value for money. Try a test ride. Ya forgot. Its well within your budget and its not a fancy bike at all.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:54   #27
BHPian

I would lie to recommend something with disk breaks at least at the front end. Like already mentioned in the thread, go for atleast a 125 to 150cc bikes as the performance of a commuter will frustrate you very quickly.

A friend of mine purchased a HH Splendor PRO at 56k OTR with all accessories and helmet and remote locking and starter included.

I would recommend the Pulsar 135 or Discover150 or Hunk or the Suzuki 150
Old 15th February 2011, 16:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Look no further than the Suzuki GS 150R. TD one and decide! That is what I would buy in a jiffy, if I were to change my bike tomorrow.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:17   #29
Team-BHP Support

The notion of Honda's spare parts is wrong.

You get what you pay for. And if anybody is so perturbed, he/she may cross-check spare parts prices & post. We can let the hearsay take a break.

EDIT
:-
I didn't suggest the Nano as IMO, the commute time won't decrease by much. I haven't driven the Nano, but have driven the Bolero a fair bit.

Convenience of a Car vs that of a Motorcycle. You be the judge.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th February 2011 at 16:22.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Look no further than the Suzuki GS 150R. TD one and decide! That is what I would buy in a jiffy, if I were to change my bike tomorrow.

Three votes to a GS150R I'm lovinnn it! Hope the buyer too likes it, thats more important.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks