Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 17:41   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: GoldStar Silencer

^^ That would explain the high rpm then. Good luck mate, however, do post the results once the new clutch plates are in.

Ride safe.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:01   #212
BHPian

Okay convinced about the fact that I need to change the silencer I went to Teknik motors, B'lore today. Asked for the alternatives (OEM) a guy called Karthik whom I know since the time I got the bike said a short bottle one will be a good choice. It comes for Rs. 1850 and the up-swept one isn’t compatible with the Electra! Luckily there was another Electra UCE and when he turned it on it was actually sad! I asked him if I get my bull a Goldie would it void my warranty? He said no it won’t unless I change the entire assembly from the head! Now that was nice to hear. I remembered that a person named Salim was referred by another thumper that I had met at teknik, he has a CL 350 and it did sound good with the "Salim" Golidie. So I went to this guy's garage off 100ft rd ie.. 3rd left after new horizon school and he said he will do it but for Rs. 2800 .. Any ideas thumpers?? Any other alternative place where I can get it cheaper
Old 10th February 2011, 21:38   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
Okay convinced about the fact that I need to change the silencer I went to Teknik motors, B'lore today. Asked for the alternatives (OEM) a guy called Karthik whom I know since the time I got the bike said a short bottle one will be a good choice. It comes for Rs. 1850 and the up-swept one isn’t compatible with the Electra! Luckily there was another Electra UCE and when he turned it on it was actually sad! I asked him if I get my bull a Goldie would it void my warranty? He said no it won’t unless I change the entire assembly from the head! Now that was nice to hear. I remembered that a person named Salim was referred by another thumper that I had met at teknik, he has a CL 350 and it did sound good with the "Salim" Golidie. So I went to this guy's garage off 100ft rd ie.. 3rd left after new horizon school and he said he will do it but for Rs. 2800 .. Any ideas thumpers?? Any other alternative place where I can get it cheaper
Different places and different fabricators have different prices. There are 3 types of goldstar silencers available in market. I got mine for 1050 Rs.
Old 11th February 2011, 21:21   #214
BHPian

Well finally ordered a Goldstar with Conical baffles from Sans Inc. for Rs 1650 Lets see if it works fine. Will update you all.

regards,
SN
Old 19th February 2011, 19:24   #215
BHPian

Hello All,

I would seriously need your guidance here. I had ordered a goldie and took the delivery of the silencer, now my main concern here is that its kinda rusted inside. What should I do? Is this the way it "can" be? or should I just return them. Need your help

Drive Safe!
SN
Old 20th February 2011, 23:25   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
Hello All,

I would seriously need your guidance here. I had ordered a goldie and took the delivery of the silencer, now my main concern here is that its kinda rusted inside. What should I do? Is this the way it "can" be? or should I just return them. Need your help

Drive Safe!
SN
Hi Sunil
Lemme explain this to you.
The Rust that u see inside the exhaust is due to the rawness of the exhaust.Its a totally unused and fresh exhaust.We manufacture these exhaust in 100s of quantities for our export orders and when they are kept unused in our godown ,small rust particles occur here and there.
Its not a problem at all and once u start running it,U will not find any visible rust after 100 kms.

Even after that you have any issues ,let me know.I'll give you the replacement.
Old 21st February 2011, 09:29   #217
BHPian

^^ +1
Rust is not a problem, once the carbon is deposited in the silencer it will become black from inside and the thump will improve.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:10   #218
BHPian

Quote:
...a Goldstar with Conical baffles from Sans Inc...
@SANS, could you please explain on the "Conical Baffle" part as in how are baffles oriented and/or how silent the pipe is?
I'm looking for one which can be least noisy- not louder than RE factory short bottle for CI350. Do you have an optional 'quiet' 'non free flow' available?.

Quote:
The Rust that u see inside the exhaust is due to the rawness of the exhaust.Its a totally unused and fresh exhaust.We manufacture these exhaust in 100s of quantities for our export orders ....
you could flush the exhaust can with some metal primer, simple & cheap but adds to finish & value.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:48   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
I am getting the clutch plates of CI500 this time .
Clutch slippage would reduce considerably: better pickup, smoother gear shifts and improved top end.
But be prepared for some serious knocking at low speeds.
Old 21st February 2011, 18:10   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
@SANS, could you please explain on the "Conical Baffle" part as in how are baffles oriented and/or how silent the pipe is?
I'm looking for one which can be least noisy- not louder than RE factory short bottle for CI350. Do you have an optional 'quiet' 'non free flow' available?.

you could flush the exhaust can with some metal primer, simple & cheap but adds to finish & value.

Hi Rennjit,

I will try my best to answer the "conical baffle" but the best person to answer would be saurabh. On what I saw inside the silencer was conical caps one behind the other with small holes in them (may be 2 - 3 mm in diameter).

I absolutely enjoy the sound. In my opinion it wasnt too loud but it is loud enough to cover up the "road roller" sound that my bulls UCE engine makes. I did try the RE's short bottle silencer but didnt like the sound and Yes the goldie that I have is any day louder than the short bottle.

Drive Safe!
SN
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:40   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post

Hi Rennjit
The conical baffles that I am talking about are nothing but long tub like structures made up of an alloy which are fitted in the exhaust.We do not use the glass wool as it gets burnt after 3-4k kms of riding.
These tubes create a pressurized outflow of gases ,hence the overall pick up increases.

The Goldstar is a bit louder than the Short bottle but its not loud like a a roar sound.
Suitable for both highway and short city rides.Needs no carb tuning.

Also we have only one version of internal baffles.
However,Upswept Goldstar is available.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:39   #222
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The conical baffles that I am talking about are nothing but long tub like structures made up of an alloy which are fitted in the exhaust.We do not use the glass wool as it gets burnt after 3-4k kms of riding.
These tubes create a pressurized outflow of gases ,hence the overall pick up increases.
Hey Sans,

I had bought a goldie from shakeel of pune for my machismo 350. That goldie had conicle baffle inside and NO glasswool. It use to sound LOUD on my machismo.

Then i got my C5. I thought of modifying my machismos goldie to fit my Classic 500. Took the silencer to a local fabricator, chopped the rear end of the silencer. Reomoved the Perforated sheet metal baffle. Got a perforated metal tube made, and welded it inside the goldie, leaving a gap of about 20mm between the outer silencer metal and the perforated inner metal tube. Filled the gap with glasswool, got a separate cap fabricated and screwed it in place.

Went for a LONG ride after that covering 2000kms, riding hard. Sound was meaty, bassy and loud.

came back rode in city for another 1000 kms. Then decided to get the silencer chromed. Had to Removed the glass wool before chroming and was plesently surpsided to see most of the galss wool was not burnt, even after 3000 odd kms.

when i got the pipe back after chrome plating, i filled it with same old glasswool, as a part of it had good carbon deposit. This time i used little less of glass wool, and packed it NOT so tightly, as before. While refilling, kept adding used engine oil in layers, to soak the glasswool, something similar to layering if DUM biryani, before it goes for DUM.
the oil would help the glasswool burn and catch more of the carbon particles, making the exhaust note pleasant.

The result now is nice mellow, meaty, bassy thump which is NOT too LOUD neither too weak. after trying various silencers and modifications, this is the best sound i am able to achieve for my taste. a Sound very close to a well tuned CI. Riding at 50-70 in 4th/5th gear is like too good.

All in all, exhaust note preference is personal, and would vary from people to people. so guys, try out different options, do some r&D and with little effort, i am sure you would be able to achieve a note very close to what you expect.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:02   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans View Post
We do not use the glass wool as it gets burnt after 3-4k kms of riding.
If there's no glass wool, then isn't it a free flow exhaust? Can glass wool be placed inside the baffles?
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:00   #224
BHPian

Can anyone post a pic of the conical baffles inside the goldstar? I just want to see how it looks. May be Sans can help
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:05   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Can anyone post a pic of the conical baffles inside the goldstar? I just want to see how it looks. May be Sans can help
+1
Me too would like to have a glance at whats the inside made like just to feel sure that the silencer has a near regular baffle assy for reasonable noise damping.
Having tough time finding a low noise goldie look alike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks