Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Motorcycle: Swaying Problem

Man, day by day, I dread Hero Honda service centers. They suck! They ruined my chain sprocket in my new Double Disk Hunk in a month of buying it. And thankfully replaced it as well. If you stay near Basavanagudi, there's a mechanic by the name of Mr. Akhil. His garage may seem small, but man, is he good. I've decided to drop my free services and give it to him from next time. If you need his number, PM me.
Old 6th May 2011, 09:20   #17
BHPian

Its been 5 days since I left my bike to service center, each and every time I call the service center guys they say they are facing problems finding a spare part for my bike hence the delay.

They never respond properly when ever I call, they say they will call me back and never do so. Wait is still on to get my bike back.
Old 6th May 2011, 23:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
Its been 5 days since I left my bike to service center, each and every time I call the service center guys they say they are facing problems finding a spare part for my bike hence the delay.

They never respond properly when ever I call, they say they will call me back and never do so. Wait is still on to get my bike back.

That is bad, why don't you head to Sai Motors and check what is exactly happening (tomorrow being a Saturday). Hope they are not taking time to figure out what is causing the problem
Old 7th May 2011, 00:51   #19
BHPian

Windsplitter - a. Send an email to HH custcare informing them of this.. b. Send me a pm when you're free, this is something am going to have to look at. Dont worry about the issues though, never came across one which couldnt be fixed
Old 8th May 2011, 11:50   #20
BHPian

I finally got my bike back on Friday evening after a lot of calls back and forth with some harsh dialogues, I have driven the bike since Friday and have not faced the swaying issues.

Total cost of the repair has come up to 1085 with replacements of below stuff (as per the bill)

Ball races kit
Damper RR wheel
Handle bar
Rubber handle weight
Snapring, handle weight
Rubber light case
Washer Plain 6mm
Bolt flange

I hope bike will not start swaying again after all this has been done.

@Devilsown - Thanks for your concern, this problem became complicated because of the service guys who refused to accept that the bike swayed because of some issue, it became a challenge for me to make service guys realize that there is a problem in the bike. They used to always deny saying that bike is absolutely fine without any issues and it was just my thinking that there were some issues.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:04   #21

Karizma Alignment /Balance Problem

Dear Friends

I own a 2004 model Karizma. The bike has served me very well and I have also taken very good care of this machine. It has already done 73500 kms.

The problem that I am facing now is with the balance of the bike while driving on low speeds.

The kind of sways side ways and at times when in moving traffic I apply brakes it tends to go towards one side and it feels that both the tyres are going in different direction.

At times the handle feels very tight it is mostly on high speeds.

What all I have done till now.

Got it checked from HH guys who say they can not solve it. (same answer from different dealers)

Got the chasis aligned from the so called master of alignment in delhi - a Sardarji in paharganj area. He is supposed to align chasis, schokers handles etc of all kind of vehichles. His shop is always crowed you have to waitb for hours for your turn.

Got following things changed:

Cone set
handle bar
Tyres
Front alloy
Bridge
but no use.

What do you think is the problem

Some more information

A guy welded the footrest few years back and I could see that he was not able to put the axle back as the welding was not done properly and he forcebully made the axle to cross to the other side. Which I think might have created problems with the swing arm over the years.

But the mechanics say the swing arm (Jhulla) is fine. Theuy even say that the T is fine.

Is there a cable or sone thick wire which is causing this.

I am fed up but don't want to sell this KILLER KARIZMA the earliest model.

I LIKE IT A LOT.

PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS
Old 19th May 2011, 21:30   #22
BHPian

Re: Karizma Alignment /Balance Problem

The engine might have got loose from its mountings. Its supposedly a common thing in Karizma according to my mechanic, get that checked.
Old 4th December 2014, 15:53   #23
BHPian

Pulsar 220 Dts-i handling issue

Hello BHPians,

So, I've tried to search for the solution to this problem and am not getting a satisfactory solution.

A brief history - I bought my P220 Dts-i in Oct,09. It has had it's part of mishaps through my cousins and about 3 years ago, suffered a cracked front wheel when a cousin could not maneuver over a pot hole. Had my front wheel and the LHS front shocks changed under insurance claim.

A few months ago had another accident while riding on the main road, when all of a sudden a Unicorn rider comes out of a small building gate and could not control his speed. Result: He hit my bike sideways on the front wheel. Had to change a cracked headlight, a broken RHS handle bar and also changed the RHS front shock pipes.

During these changes, I also changed the front and rear wheel bearings, front cone set and the Bush as well.

All changed and rectified, I had thought like I gave my bike a new life and that I will have a good hassle free ride for another year or two. But, a few months now, I have been noticing a very strange handling issue.

Issue: Whenever I brake (70% front braking, 30 - Nil % Rear braking), i feel like the bike sways left and right - almost the same feeling like trying to brake on a flat tyre!

On a straight road, while in throttle, this effect vanishes. It comes back as soon as i try to brake. And it's more prominent when trying to brake in lower speeds.

Have got the bike checked thrice at the same Bajaj Service Center. Got the cone set checked too. But all in vain. The bike still has this issue till date.

PS: The tyre pressure is fine. The bike is well lubed and fuel levels average around 5 litres.

Request fellow BHPians to kindly suggest a workaround to this issue. Weirdly, every mechanic that tests the bike, says its absolutely fine! I know its not.

- Pratik
Old 4th December 2014, 16:11   #24
BANNED

Re: Pulsar 220 Dts-i handling issue

It may sound weird, but this looks to be a alignment issue where the front and the rear of the vehicle are not in a straight line. I know it is not very common for bikes to be aligned, but I guess they are done. Try to see if you can get this done and see if the problem is solved.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 17:05   #25
BHPian

Hmmm... Can I get this done at a Car wheel alignment center or are there any Bike specific services?

Also, do you think that Bajaj Service center would have this service?
Old 4th December 2014, 17:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Do check if both the forks are filled with correct amount of oil.

Also, It would have been better if you changed both LHS and RHS fork units together and not RHS alone. Anyway, it would be better to get them both checked for any bends.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 4th December 2014 at 17:15.
Old 5th December 2014, 12:01   #27
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle: Swaying Problem

Tagging #Wind Splitter and #Raider

Guys, what solution worked on your bikes. I know its a long time ago, but you have been through the same and so I would really appreciate if you let me know the things that worked for you.
Old 6th December 2014, 04:12   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the things that is quite common that I haven't seen mentioned here is broken welds.

There are a large number of welds that hold various frame tubes together and if one or more of these welds break the frame will flex causing swaying or a unstable ride.

Often, these weld failures are not obvious without a close visual examination because they only come apart while under load.

Each weld joint must be inspected using a strong light. Look for a crack in the paint that seems to follow the weld.

Doing this may require removing body panels to expose the entire weld so those of you who don't feel up to the task should be ready to pay your mechanic for his troubles even if he finds nothing wrong.

If a broken weld joint is found, get it rewelded by a good welder who knows what he's doing. This isn't always easy. I've seen some beautiful looking welds that did not fully penetrate the joint and soon failed again after riding only a few km.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 15:12   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion bro. I will be taking the bike to Bajaj Service center or maybe another service center tomorrow morning. I hope they find the cause and get it rectified. It's sad that most mechanics at Bajaj just do not accept a fault. And no matter how much you explain, the logical solution to every problem is part replacement!

Heck, the amount of part replacements is almost equivalent to buying a used bike.
Old 6th December 2014, 15:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratzgh1 View Post
Hello BHPians,
Issue: Whenever I brake (70% front braking, 30 - Nil % Rear braking), i feel like the bike sways left and right - almost the same feeling like trying to brake on a flat tyre!

- Pratik
As you had a front side hit. There is a higher chance of your motorbikes front portion to take the damage than the rear.

Your problem surfaces when you brake specifically with front brake. Again its a pointer that the front portion of the bike which takes all the braking load may be the root cause.

Please check:
1) Welds joining cone set housing (steering head) to the motorbike frame.
2) Welds in the front portion of the bike on the chassis members. Especially the single or double cradle frame.
3) Upper and lower T bracket.
4) Torquing of Engine foundation bolts and Steering head and T bolts/nuts.
5) Try replacing the entire Front steering assembly which includes the front forks the two T brackets and the steering head assembly with a substitute and check. If it repeats its the steering head to the chassis frame welds at fault.
6) Check front disc brake mounting and any crack in the front lower suspension arms.
7) Handle bar mounting bolts, torquing and any cracks on the top T bracket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks