Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 15:45   #1
BHPian

Bhavani Auto Centre - Powai, Mumbai.

After trying a couple of garages in Thane and Mulund/Powai area, finally landed up at Bhavani Auto Center in Powai (was refered to them by a friend who has been using their services since 1990s) and was extremely happy with the quality of work. I got my OHC repainted by them in addition to many other services. This garage also has an Injector Cleaning machine and all injector cleaning jobs come to this place from the garages located in Mulund/Powai/Andheri.

Services offered:
Repair/Service of any kind

What I like:
- The owner, Mr. Anto is very honest and knowledgeable. He talks simple and to the point.
- Delivers on time.
- Attention to detail.
- All work is done in a covered place and under a roof.
- Has a good paintbooth.
- Not very crowded most of the times.
- Lets you source the parts by yourself if you desire.

What I don't like:
- Nothing so far that I could list in this category.

Pricing:
Neither cheap nor very expensive. For all the works I got done by him, he charged me a reasonable price.

Contact no: 2570.2270 / 96196.98125
Address : #16 G, Satara Singh Estate, Panch Kutir, Opp. Powai Lake, Mumbai - 400 076.
infotech58 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 19:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bhavani Auto Centre - Powai, Mumbai.

Kindly include some pictures of your honda city / workshop. This will give an idea to fellow bhpians who may like to try out his service. If possible please mention some vague prices of services.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is this the one with the bridgestone tyres dealership ? Opposite the MUL service center ?
Old 1st December 2011, 11:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Kindly include some pictures of your honda city / workshop. This will give an idea to fellow bhpians who may like to try out his service. If possible please mention some vague prices of services.
Yes. I'll post the pictures and prices soon; probably during the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Is this the one with the bridgestone tyres dealership ? Opposite the MUL service center ?
No, the MUL workshop you are talking about is Powai Auto Works, at this moment I don't remember the name of service center opposite to it; Bhavani Auto Center faces the Powai Lake and is situated on the service lane to JVLR; if you start from Powai Auto Works and get on to the service road towards Mini Punjab Restaurant, this workshop is approx. 200-250 ahead on the same road.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
No, the MUL workshop you are talking about is Powai Auto Works, at this moment I don't remember the name of service center opposite to it; Bhavani Auto Center faces the Powai Lake and is situated on the service lane to JVLR; if you start from Powai Auto Works and get on to the service road towards Mini Punjab Restaurant, this workshop is approx. 200-250 ahead on the same road.
If this place is really as good as you are saying then I would be really interested. I stay hardly a km from this place, judging by your description.

Apart from painting & injector cleaning, what else do they offer? general repairs?

I also know of a very good workshop in Chandivali (just ahead of Powai). They are very good when it comes to denting & painting works. Cheap price & good quality. I have given my Innova & Punto there once & am pleased with their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Please dont go to that workshop you are talking about. They are the biggest thugs I have heard about. Almost everyone has had a bad experience there.

Once I had bottomed my Punto real badly near L&T. I wanted to inspect the underbody for any damages & went to this place just to ask them to lift the car on their car hoist. It was just a 5 min job & I was even ready to pay for that. They made me wait for 15 mins & in the end told me that they are very busy & I would have to come later.

When I was waiting there, a NHC came there. The chauffer spoke to the manager (SA??) there & he was complaining that his car's windshield is leaking after this said garage replaced the same. You know what this guy replied?

Inspite of his shoddy workmanship, this guy had the audacity to reply "kaunsa gaadi main aisa nahin hota hain? thoda bahut paani toh har gaadi main andar aata hain". Translation - "in which car such things dont happen? every car leaks a little from there"

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st December 2011 at 12:18.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 12:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
If this place is really as good as you are saying then I would be really interested. I stay hardly a km from this place, judging by your description.

Apart from painting & injector cleaning, what else do they offer? general repairs?
This place offers general repairs as well. Pay a visit to them and if you feel comfortable talking to the owner, you may try them.

I see a lot of repeat business coming to them and many cars come for a full paintjob (at least 1-2 every month) or bodywork. I spent almost two months looking for a suitable place to get my OHC repainted and almost all the garages i visited (at least 9-10 places around Thane/Mulund/Powai) either did not look very clean or did not have a lot of experience in full paintjobs.

services I got them do on my car were:

painting - paid approx. 40k for a partial strip off (door panels, bumbers, etc.). used standox paint.
steering rack oil leak problem - common issue with OHC. they sent the steering to a Lathe and got it done. paid approx. 7k for the Lathe work. Did not charge any labour for this.
change engine mounts, timing belt, and some minor stuff.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Bhavani Auto Center faces the Powai Lake and is situated on the service lane to JVLR.
Got it. Need some minor touch up work because my car has some minor scratches and one recent one. Will drop in there this weekend and check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I also know of a very good workshop in Chandivali (just ahead of Powai). They are very good when it comes to denting & painting works. Cheap price & good quality. I have given my Innova & Punto there once & am pleased with their job.
Hiya Raj! Could you PM me the details of this guy as well? I'd be interested in getting some work done this weekend
Old 5th December 2011, 13:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Hiya Raj! Could you PM me the details of this guy as well? I'd be interested in getting some work done this weekend
Ravi Auto garage - 9920516907/9833703027/9869516907

This is a very small workshop but their rates are economical & quality of work is good.

My office is very close to that, so you can come over & see my car to see their work.

Please note that this is based on just my personal experience with my two cars.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cool, I might just give them a shot. Sometimes you've got to take a leap of faith with these things! Might drop in to see the job he's done, but I'm not sure that's really necessary. Your personal experience is a good enough indicator of performance, in all fairness.

Thanks Raj!
Old 5th December 2011, 13:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Cool, I might just give them a shot. Sometimes you've got to take a leap of faith with these things! Might drop in to see the job he's done, but I'm not sure that's really necessary. Your personal experience is a good enough indicator of performance, in all fairness.

Thanks Raj!
Sure. If you wish to drop in, you are always welcome.

Why I mentioned that point is because I had to face the brash of a certain member because I had pointed him to a certain tyre shop & they dint do the alignment on his car properly! I had only good experiences there though!

Anyways, I love your signature.
Old 5th December 2011, 13:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ah, ok. No worries, you won't face my ire if they mess things up, that I can assure you

And as far as the signature goes, I should be making it into the plural very, very soon. More on that in a separate thread, lest we take this thread woefully off topic!
Old 13th March 2012, 16:21   #12
BHPian

I can vouch for the Bhavani Garage, have known this guy since my parents used to give their '89 Maruti 800 to him for servicing. Just got new Amaron Batteries for the Swift and the City from him, with warranty and all.

The only gripe I have is some of his workforce is not as good as he is. I had given him the car to remove the HU once and got it back with a lot of scratches on the Dashboard panel. You have to make sure he gets his best guys to work on your car.

Otherwise this guy is Highly recommended from my side.
SuperBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2012, 19:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

I used the services of this place and found it worth only maruti 800 and omni . pathetic workmanship is all i can say because they successfully screwed up my car.
gigy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 00:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I used the services of this place and found it worth only maruti 800 and omni . pathetic workmanship is all i can say because they successfully screwed up my car.
Hi gigy,

Sorry to hear about that. Can you give us some more details as to what mistakes they have done?
Old 21st May 2012, 00:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

I wanted them fix a door lock problem, he got an outside guy to fix it, short circuited two door wiring and blew up the speedometer console- car refused to start, cost me 26k for replacement parts, problem is still not solved.
additional problem created is some sensor failure related to airconditioning- to be rectified
rpm meter wrong indication - to be rectified
fuel wrong indication- to be rectified
door open light remains on for ever- to be rectifiedd
cabin automatic light dont work - to be rectified

Other than this I noticed
Atleast 50% of hardware didn't go back to parts opened,
almost all plastic parts have visible damage due removal and installation
one side view mirror was broken- he replaced it
one wiper arm was broken due carelessness- he replaced it
Once a rattle free car is not so anymore
He is yet to get back on the unsolved issues.

I could notice many such things since i myself do quite a lot of service and repair of my vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks