Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 13:20   #16
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 751
Thanked: 267 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Dear Strangewizard - Did the yellow board eeco cab ply on meter ? the bookmycab black and yellow are supposed to ply on meter only, unless we book a 4 hr package or similar. Secondly, only black and yellows are supposed to have a meter. I think he would charged a flat fee based on 4 hrs 40 kms package. please confirm
No it didn't have a meter. Bookmycab doesn't ply by meter while going to the airport and they have a fixed rate for that. I was charged Rs 371 for a distance of almost 20kms
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 18:44   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,618
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
No it didn't have a meter. Bookmycab doesn't ply by meter while going to the airport and they have a fixed rate for that. I was charged Rs 371 for a distance of almost 20kms
Ouch !! that is 18.520 a km

Let me share a tip, the next time when you go to the airport, tell them IBIS Hotel for domestic airport OR Vile-Parla Highway OR Sahar Road / Maratha Sheraton for International airport.

I am ready to pay a flat fee IF it is govt mandated. The Govt rule is to ply by meter only, whether it is airport or sea-port. BookmyCab is taking its passengers for a ride. I have stopped using book my cab and hire Tab Cabs or use flag down taxis

Last edited by scopriobharath : 12th January 2014 at 18:45.
scopriobharath is offline  
Old 12th January 2014, 19:50   #18
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 751
Thanked: 267 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Ouch !! that is 18.520 a km

Let me share a tip, the next time when you go to the airport, tell them IBIS Hotel for domestic airport OR Vile-Parla Highway OR Sahar Road / Maratha Sheraton for International airport.

I am ready to pay a flat fee IF it is govt mandated. The Govt rule is to ply by meter only, whether it is airport or sea-port. BookmyCab is taking its passengers for a ride. I have stopped using book my cab and hire Tab Cabs or use flag down taxis
Actually I was charged Rs 370 even when I booked a cab from the prepaid taxi counter at the arrivals area few weeks back when I wanted to go from airport to home.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 20:36   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,618
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default Re: Bookmycab.com, Mumbai - For Black & Yellow / Cool Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Actually I was charged Rs 370 even when I booked a cab from the prepaid taxi counter at the arrivals area few weeks back when I wanted to go from airport to home.
Agreed for prepaid at the counters. They are costly as the govt factors in waiting time and the "guarantee" of not being cheated. Also majorly there are no refusals or denials at the pre-paid counter whether we hire upto Andheri or Panvel from international airport.

There is no prepaid concept in a hired / flag down cab. In ground reality, bookmycab.com is a service to link customers to cabbies so that both are benefit. I do no see any "extra" service or guarantee they provide in order to pay the fixed fare.
scopriobharath is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks