Team-BHP - Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/152598-car-batteries-home-delivery-installation-batterybhai-com-other-online-vendors-3.html)

I didnt find a separate thread for Batterywale.com hence putting it up here.

Yesterday night i placed an order for an Amaron Car Battery at around 10pm. Obviously it was late and i didnt expect any communication at that time.

At 8:30AM today, i was woken up by their call center asking for details like address etc which i provided. I wanted to know by when the battery will be dispatched and fixed. i was told that they are the Authorised Sellers for Amaron and all their offices / shops open only at 10:30AM. I had even received an email stating the Dealer Name and Phone Number from where my battery would be dispatched. So far so good.

At 11:00AM i called up their dealer however no response. I tried calling them a couple of times and no one answered. There is a Rickshaw strike today and my only means of commuting to office would be my car. I waited till 12:00PM and then called my local retail guy to come and fix the battery. At around 12:30PM i get a call from their call center inquiring whether the battery has been fixed and i inform them on what happened. I was requested to give some time and that the battery would come shortly however i was getting late and went ahead with my local retail guy.

Not so great in my opinion. I wouldnt call them again if required. Price difference of only 100 bucks.

Cheers,
Raj

The Jetta battery decided to give up the ghost outside my gym. Rather than seek a pushstart and damage the dual mass flywheel. I left it where it was.

Contacted Madhus, who also deal with battteries. They did not have my size and were not interested in sourcing. I went on line to Batterybhai. Got a phone call in 15 min. The battery was coming in from the otherside of town and he as not sure of the exact location of the car, We agreed on a meeting point, he came at appointed time and I hopped onto his scooter and took him to the car.

Sorted the car in 10 min and we we on our wa

Full marks!!

I placed an order online by 8:30AM and received a call by 10:00AM. We agreed on the time of delivery which was promptly done. He came home with the new battery on a scooter and replaced the battery.

The 05/15 manufactured battery was taken out of the box in-front of me and the warranty card filled/signed/stamped. The AAM-PR-00050B20R cost me 3650/-

Highly Recommended!

First of all thanks to GTO for this thread.

Thumb rule for any car issues one should 1st check TBHP. Likely that the issue would have occurred before and someone would have posted a solution here. In this case GTO himself.

I compared the 3 sites listed on this thread and found Carbatteryexpert to be the cheapest. However at the time of Checkout they charge 2.5% extra on Online Payments which is something I didn't like (came up like a hidden charge). With that charge the price variance is no longer 99 bucks.

Moreover Batterybhai offered Rs.50 off on Amaron and another Rs. 50 off on Payu Money as payment option.

User experience on Bhai's site is marginally better of all the 3 listed on this thread.

Payu Money option didn't work even after 2 attempts. I have had prior checkout issues with that site hence didn't waste time and made a credit card payment.

Finally went with the Bhai although CBE was still 36 bucks cheaper :uncontrol

Got an instant email and sms confirmation.

Waiting for my batter now. Thinking to get the other car serviced in between.

The "Bhai" called around 3PM and said he'd reach around 3.45PM. At 3.45PM sharp he arrives. Installed a brand new battery (Mfd 5/15), stamped the warranty card, gave a hand written receipt and took away the old battery.

Took the poll after installation. A very happy customer :thumbs up.

Did you guys receive an e-mail confirmation after payment ? I made a debit card payment, my account was debited, and then the webpage hanged for several minutes. .

I did receive a page with "Thank you for your order, check your e-mail for details", but haven't got any e-mail.

I do see "payment received" in the "My account" section on the batterybhai website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3760788)
Did you guys receive an e-mail confirmation after payment ? I made a debit card payment, my account was debited, and then the webpage hanged for several minutes. .

I did receive a page with "Thank you for your order, check your e-mail for details", but haven't got any e-mail.

I do see "payment received" in the "My account" section on the batterybhai website.

Call them. Yes I received on email stating my order is in process. I received another mail couple of days later confirming that the battery was delivered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 3761058)
Call them. Yes I received on email stating my order is in process. I received another mail couple of days later confirming that the battery was delivered.

I sent a mail to their customer support and they confirmed on the order/payment. Got a call today from a local dealer , and setup an appointment for the afternoon. The delivery guy came and installed the battery. After replacement, he checked the cranking voltage. The battery was manufactured this month - ie in July 2015 - quite happy about that. He filled the warranty card and gave me the bill.

Overall quite a happy experience with BatteryBhai. The cost for the Amaron FLO 50Ah , with buyback, came to 4249/-. It has a 24+24 months warranty.

I generally don't like reviews online. However Battery Bhai's service was excellent.

My skoda laura's battery died after some 3 and odd months. I was looking for someone to replace the battery quickly and I stumbled upon Battery Bhai.

Using their new order on Whats app service I Ordered an Amaron 61Ah Hi Life FLO at 10am with payment on COD basis. Got a call at 11:20am, the dealer was dispatching my battery and wanted to ensure I was at home.

12PM delivery person comes with battery on a scooteer.
12:05pm battery replaced, tested, checked & paid.

Total Cost 5349 with exchange of old. I also tipped the mechanic 50rs.

Verdict: Even though cost may be 200-300rs more expensive than others, I would still pay the price for the service offered.

This is my experience of buying Battery online from Batterybhai.

Date: 12th July 2015
Time: Morning 11am
Place: HSR Layout (Basaveshwara Temple)
Car: Fiat Linea 2012 MJD Emotion

For 5-6 weeks before this - I was randomly getting this warning message in Dashboard - mostly at the time of cranking the engine.

We visit Basaveshwara temple in our Linea. After darshan - the engine was cranking but the engine wont start.

So, took an auto home(hardly 2 kms away) and searched online for battery purchase. For lack of time - I went with Batterybhai as I'd already seen postive feedback on this thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ybhai-com.html

Searching the battery was pretty easy- you just select your Car's Model and the available options are shown!

I registered on the website as a user:
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-batterybhai-registration.jpg

Then I placed order on CASH-ON-DELIVERY:
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-batterybhai-order-confirmation.jpg

Within 20 minutes I got a call from a mobile - confirming that he will fulfil the order that I'd placed on batterybhai.com. He further informed me that:
1. The battery that I'd ordered for its not in stock (50ah)
2. The other option is 55Ah - available in both Exide and Amaron.
3. When I was unsure about whether this will hamper my car's electricals- he assured me that its not the case and I can do research about this.
4. He's in Mahadevpura and will reach HSR in 45 mins and asked me where to come.
5. I told him that I was at home and car is about 2 kms away - he said he will pick me up and take me to the spot :-)

He came in 30 mins and waited patiently for 15 minutes as I said I was having lunch.
He was an owner of Battery Shop in Mahadavepura.

His Transport:
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135351025_hdr.jpg

The battery that he bought for me was only 2 months old :-)
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135357584_hdr.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135404376.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135410345.jpg

Old Battery being removed:
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135421657_hdr.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135926369_hdr.jpg

Old Battery and New Battery Comparison:
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135645930.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135655872.jpg

Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20150712_135710315.jpg
This was done in less than 20 minutes.
He checked the amperage and it was correct.(Dont remember exact value - around 16 volts)

He gave me bill for the battery from his Invoice Pad. Also signed the Warranty Card and stamped it (Yes- he has a mobile office in the dicky of that Activa)
He took away my old battery as I had purchased the battery under replacement scheme.
I didnt have enough cash. So he guided me to the nearest ATM (me on my car following his activa) - where I withdrew the cash and handed over to him.

Experience : 5/5
Would I recommend? Definitely!

Yesterday I ordered an Amaron 45ah battery for my Figo at 6 pm with www.carbatteryexpert.com. Batterybhai was 175/- costlier. Received a call immediately from the local battery supplier (business partner) and their technician came to my place within 2 hours.

Removed the seal in front of me and fixed it in 10 min. The date of manufacturing was August 2015.

Checked the voltage (idle and running rpm) and collected the money. The amount was Rs 3,725/-. Carbatteryexpert charges 2.5% extra for online payment.

The technician did not accept even a single rupee extra when I offered some tip clap: . The job was neatly done.

my parents Honda city (petrol) refused to crank on sunday,
after a few attempts I got it pushed started and later found Battery was at 11 volts.

Got the battery checked and charged today but looks like its time to replace it.

I checked on batterybhai and bookmybattery but bookmybattery is showing a Larger battery.

I'll be placing order at batterybhai in the morning and expect smooth delivery in ghaziabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daretodream (Post 3815015)
2. The other option is 55Ah - available in both Exide and Amaron.

Glad to see the online service very apt and punctual.One question,looking at how notorious Exide's are,any reason why you didn't go for Amaron since it was available?

Had an excellent experience with batterybhai.com.

I was planning to replace my car battery in the month of August. Zeroed in on AMARON brand after checking with couple of friends. Then, found one AMARON dealer near my office and the best price quoted by him was Rs4400 for FLO model (80D23L). When i was about to place the order, i had an unexpected visit to the service center for a repair. So, along with the repair, i also asked them to check the battery condition. SA said that the battery is good. But he did not give any convincing answer like how long I can use it and those sort of things.

Since last few days, I was observing that my power window operation is not smooth. I checked the battery voltage using the device that I had brought. The voltage levels looked okay (not too low i meant). With so many long trips coming up (starting from next weekend) till december end, I decided that i will change the battery this time. Anyway, it is almost 4 years and 59k kms run car now.
First thing that I did was to contact the same dealer who had quoted Rs4400 last time. But he did not had a stock and asked me to wait for 3-4 days.

Then, i stumbled upon this thread and after going through whole thread and also based on fellow BHPians experience with batterybhai, i decided to try batterybhai.com. By the time I did my research it was already late evening, but went ahead and placed the order for AMARON 80D23L (@4249, COD).

Today morning, I got a call from 'Ideal Power Solutions'. Fixed the appointment at 3.10pm. The person came with a new battery at sharp 3.10pm. I checked the manufacturing date as 08/15. Battery was in sealed plastic cover. The person got the job done in 15 minutes. He gave the warranty card after filling in the vehicle details and putting the seal.

Overall, quite happy with their service. Highly recommend batterybhai.com.

Happened to use this service last month when my neighbor's WagonR battery died on them in the morning, my mom told me they had some problem with the car in the morning. In the night I met him outside and asked about it and he said it's not starting, checked and the lights would come up on the dashboard but the starter would just keep cranking and the engine wouldn't come to life, I immediately told him it's a battery issue and told him he can get this done online now, he wanted someone to just come home and do it for him, he's not very informative about all this and asked me to just get it done and gave me money.

At that time I could only remember batterywale.com and promptly logged on to their website from my phone and before I could check the batteries I got a call form them (you need to put your phone number in to even browse through batteries), I placed the order and chose payment method as COD. This was at 10 in the night so I wasn't expecting them to come right away, got a confirmation email saying their dealer from Thane would change my battery, please note Thane is almost 40 kms from where I stay and takes about an hour or more to get to, this was the red flag for me but I still gave them the chance. Come morning, no communication at all from their end. I let it be.

I waiting till 10, nothing, I just logged onto batterybhai.com at 10 sharp and placed the order for the battery, 10:11 I get a call from their dealer from Kharghar (4kms away) that they don't have the battery in stock right now but their staff will pick it up from Panvel (15kms) and come to my place by 12 noon for the installation, I said okay and cut the call.

At 12 no sign of them, waited till 12:20 and called the dealer back, he said his staff has already left for my place and will be there any moment and also said they got late because there was some delay at Panvel. I just got off the call and saw two guys on a scooter with a battery from the balcony, should say, perfect timing. The new battery was vacuum packed. They promptly got to work and within 10 mins the new battery was in place, bill and warranty card handed over and payment done, thoroughly impressed.

All said and done at 1-1:30, I get a call from the Thane fellow from batterywale.com, I told him since there was no communication from his side I got it done from someone else and that was the end of it.

The battery I opted for was an Amaron Black with 18 months warranty and cost 2800 with exchange for the old one for the Maruti WagonR

Time for some pictures.
The Batterybhai at work with his nimble and compact tool kit.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20151027_122702549.jpg

New battery in place.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20151027_123223546_hdr.jpg

To my surprise and delight the battery was of the current month, i.e. Oct 2015.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20151027_124953028_hdr.jpg

A generous amount of petroleum jelly was applied to protect the terminals.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20151027_125010299.jpg

The bill I got.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-img_20151101_105012.jpg

The bill I got via email.
Car Batteries, Home delivery & installation - Batterybhai.com & other online vendors-screenshot_20151101105316.png