Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 00:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)

Maybe OT here, but one of the most interesting uses of this hydrographic printing was unveiled recently by Tesla - The Solar Roof!

More - https://www.tesla.com/solar

Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
By the way, I was browsing through one of the Facebook groups and I found this:
One thing I didn't mention in my post (since it was more of a B2B offering) is the H2OGraphix & the parent company (Photokina Chemicals, GJ) do also offer consulting and training for people who want to set up their own hydrograpic centers. They are also suppliers of the raw materials used (chemicals, films etc), and Aerotek Coatings is one of their clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Of late, I've been seeing a lot of car dealerships using this process on display cars to jazz them up. Faux wood and carbon fibre treatments seem to be the hot favorites.
True! Here's 2 slightly strange ones I left out of the original post:
Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-img_3962.jpg

Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-vw-wheel-cap-2.jpg

Your Ritz mirrors though...
Rehaan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 12:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Oh that's interesting! I bet there's a pretty big market there for dipped alloys, given the flair for modifications in KL.
Spotted this Crysta with printed OEM alloys just a while back. Didnt speak to the owner but pretty sure it was done at Nippon Toyota itself. From what I know, this is only finish that they offer currently.

It looks good from a distance, but was a bit wacky up close. The finish was glossy and it felt really tough. But they hadnt done it fully. So, the alloy was half silver on the inside, which was a bit awkward.

Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-img_20161203_101404192_hdr.jpg

Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-img_20161203_101335939_hdr.jpg

Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-img_20161203_113211.jpg

Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-img_20161203_113140.jpg

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd December 2016 at 12:20. Reason: Typo.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 16:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Aakash from h2oGraphix dropped me a line with their latest video of a Vento alloy being given the carbon-fibre look...

You can see a few things in the process have evolved, including the roll-out of the sheet onto the water, rather than having 2 people drop it on there...

Also, this predator helmet was dipped for the CF effect:
Hydrographic Printing for Alloy Wheels & Parts : H2O Graphix (Mumbai)-helmet4.jpeg
Rehaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:21   #20
BHPian

Hydrographic dipping & Nickle Chroming

Hello Members

Any experience with the latest fad of Hydrographic dipping for any of your trim parts? Lately I've been following some of these guys on Instagram and the results are pretty good looking. From Carbon fibre to wooden finishes, they seem to be doing multiple car and bike trims. In the process of giving our 2015 City a makeover and contemplating having the trims dipped or chromed. The Front grill sadly lost it's sheen in just the third year and I need to do something about it to make the nose look good.
Karan_n8 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks