Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 13:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbhag (Dadar, Mumbai)

I would rate him at around 8/10 or 9/10, the only sore point being a hubcap was misplaced by his workers.

On the plus side, the power windows on the left, which would stop working after every servicing are now working perfect even when not used for a couple of weeks. The driver seat power function too works well now.

All in all, pretty much satisfied with his service.
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:36   #47
BHPian

So my friend's cousin has some issue with his Mercedes CLS. He had taken it down to Shaman Motors and gave him a quotation of 1.5 Lakhs plus which didnt include the labour costs. I asked him to tell his cousin to visit a private garage instead as it will surely save him a bit of money. But he is extremely paranoid about getting it fixed from a reliable place / guy. Hence, I went through the Team-BHP Directory and found this place.

Is he a reliable guy for Mercedes ? Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:51   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Is he a reliable guy for Mercedes ? Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
Yes do suggest him. He will be very fair and honest to inform you if he can do the job or not. Also, he will also let you know what parts he is sourcing etc.

I just sent my Altis and Fortuner to him for front bumper repaint as they had developed a lot of scratches over the years. He outsources the painting and hence that is the only thing I am unsatisfied about. Although he does supervise it and is willing to get it repainted free of cost, the painter is beyond his control as it is a an outsourced workshop within his compound.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Also are there any other places in Mumbai which I can suggest him ? Will help a lot
There is this guy called Hari in Chembur ( he used to operate from Worli few years back). DXB worked and returned to Mumbai many years ago. Imported a lot of equipment and readers related to imported cars. You can try him out. My uncles old E class was repaired by him on numerous occasions, till he sold it off.
His number is 9821154697.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 12:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Yes do suggest him. He will be very fair and honest to inform you if he can do the job or not. Also, he will also let you know what parts he is sourcing etc.

I just sent my Altis and Fortuner to him for front bumper repaint as they had developed a lot of scratches over the years. He outsources the painting and hence that is the only thing I am unsatisfied about. Although he does supervise it and is willing to get it repainted free of cost, the painter is beyond his control as it is a an outsourced workshop within his compound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
There is this guy called Hari in Chembur ( he used to operate from Worli few years back). DXB worked and returned to Mumbai many years ago. Imported a lot of equipment and readers related to imported cars. You can try him out. My uncles old E class was repaired by him on numerous occasions, till he sold it off.
His number is 9821154697.
Thanks for the reply guys, I will surely convey this to my friend. Just one more thing, I recollect there being a workshop near Lilavati, Toyotech or something. Is that a better place than Select Auto Garage ? Just wanted to cross-check as I remember once I was at a pub next doors and he had an E63 and C63 AMG's being serviced there.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 14:28   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys, I will surely convey this to my friend. Just one more thing, I recollect there being a workshop near Lilavati, Toyotech or something. Is that a better place than Select Auto Garage ? Just wanted to cross-check as I remember once I was at a pub next doors and he had an E63 and C63 AMG's being serviced there.
Hi,

Have heard only great things about Sunil. He worked on a friend's C200K suspension, as well as on another friend's Octavia TSi.
In a few months, I would like to ask him to help with regards to the Laura once it's out of warranty.

Regarding Hari: We used to send our cars to him, including the W211 & E60. He is very approachable, and by and large I've had no complaints.

However, in the case of Hari & Sunil - you would need to be a little more attentive, especially pertaining to the parts they use.

Toyato Tech - from what I hear, they're good, but expensive.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 02:19   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hi,

Have heard only great things about Sunil. He worked on a friend's C200K suspension, as well as on another friend's Octavia TSi.
In a few months, I would like to ask him to help with regards to the Laura once it's out of warranty.

Regarding Hari: We used to send our cars to him, including the W211 & E60. He is very approachable, and by and large I've had no complaints.

However, in the case of Hari & Sunil - you would need to be a little more attentive, especially pertaining to the parts they use.

Thanks for the suggestion lamborghini ! Will convey the same to my friend
Old 27th May 2016, 17:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hi,

My Laura is due for a suspension overhaul and thinking of upgrading to B6. Additionally i also need someone for not just the mechanical changes but upgrading the steering wheel, changing control unit as well (which would require coding). Would Sunil be a good choice? I had a word with him sometime back but wasnt able to make it as i was travelling abroad.
Old 11th September 2016, 09:07   #54
BHPian

Has anyone tried to replace 2007 Corolla dash ? Mine has come apart
As its nearing 10 years and covered 75000 kms , did like to do suspension overhaul/replacement ( never done it before ) , dashboard and few touch ups ( or repaint ) . I have a very emotional attachment with this car and dont want to sell it.

The dashboard issue came up due to repair work done by Lakozy , once it was removed , they could not place it properly
Old 13th November 2016, 05:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

The Accord is back with Select Auto, this time the rotors have to be replaced at the front. Was thinking of getting the headlights replaced too, but the outlay shoots above the budget available.

By the way the door to the compound has been painted red (maroon?), least people are confused.
Attached Thumbnails
Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbhag (Dadar, Mumbai)-img_20161110_1152546342.jpg  

honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 13:02   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there an updated contact details for the garage? The cell number shared on the first post of this thread seems to be invalid while no one is picking up the landline number. Usual customers, any pointers? If you can PM me his contact number, it would be helpful.
Old 25th December 2016, 15:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Is there an updated contact details for the garage? The cell number shared on the first post of this thread seems to be invalid while no one is picking up the landline number. Usual customers, any pointers? If you can PM me his contact number, it would be helpful.
Sunil's cel number is 9833885868.
The garage landline 24149910

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 19:42   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My latest experience with Shanbagh has been a mixed bag.

He's done a great job on the Jeep and she feels really smooth & tight. However, within a short while, she had to revisit his workshop for work related to what he had repaired.

1. Don't remember off the back of my head, but some components of the clutch were changed in the initial visit (including the clutch cable). When the Jeep came back, it was making a noise whenever the clutch was pressed. Went back to him.

2. At the initial visit, I'd also gotten the starter overhauled (water + offroading = trouble). However, despite the starter being overhauled, last week, she started acting up when hot. Wouldn't crank. Went back to him this week and the solenoid was replaced.

These are issues which should have been taken care of in the first visit. It's highly inconveniencing when the car has to keep going back to the garage for simple work.

I hope I don't see this lack of attention-to-detail in future visits as I'm a big fan of the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Sunil's cel number is 9833885868.
The garage landline 24149910

Cheers
Updating the opening post - thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 13:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Its been a mixed bag experience for me. I tried coordinating to get my Oct VRS checked for turbo boost leakage but somehow just couldn't get his. After about 3 weeks of follow-up with him on his availability and the date he will take the car in, I gave up!

The car went to Autobahn then.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 11:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Its been a mixed bag experience for me. I tried coordinating to get my Oct VRS checked for turbo boost leakage but somehow just couldn't get his. After about 3 weeks of follow-up with him on his availability and the date he will take the car in, I gave up!

The car went to Autobahn then.
Had a similar experience. After checking my car, he asked me to wait for a bit as his floor was already occupied with a lot of customer cars. Kept on following up with him every alternate day. In the end took him a month to take my car in.

Also, just an update. He is currently in the process of moving his workshop. His premises is going for redevelopment and hence he is winding up his workshop and looking for suitable places to move to.
AnniHilat0R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks