Team-BHP - Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107073-volkswagen-jetta-test-drive-review-161.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3931914)
:Shockked:
Are you sure Ganesh? Man, that's atrocious!

Yes Ganesh. Even I was shocked when they quoted 8K for the mud flaps - the Polo mud flaps cost 1.2K. I even thought maybe I heard it wrong. I asked the accessories guy why this exorbitant price and he said that all Jetta accessories are super expensive - 12K for scuff plates, 10K for rubber mats etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3931914)
The Aliexpress link has positive feedback. A Russian chap has posted the pics of the installed mudflaps as well - I think you should go ahead with this. Can't get any cheaper than that! :thumbs up

Thanks Ganesh. Will go ahead and order. I am sure the dealer will not be willing to fit these outsourced parts. So I guess it is DIY time on the Jetta!

BTW, where did you see the Russian guy's photos? I only could see the comments. I translated one of these comments that said this is a perfect fit for the 2014 Jetta, but could not see any photos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 3931956)
So I guess it is DIY time on the Jetta!

Hardly any work. You need to unscrew the Torx screws from the wheel wells, place the mudflaps and screw them back. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 3931956)
BTW, where did you see the Russian guy's photos?

The second most recent feedback. Are you browsing through your cellphone? I can see them on the desktop browser.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-ut8c.gkxdpxxxagofbxa.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-ut8h5akxthaxxagofbxc.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-ut8rvkmxtxxxxagofbx6.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-ut8waijxbjaxxagofbx5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3931964)
The second most recent feedback. Are you browsing through your cellphone? I can see them on the desktop browser.

Thanks a lot for the photos, Ganesh. All doubts cleared now. Order placed.

I was browsing on my laptop. I was scrolling down to the feedback section in the "Product Details" tab. Only the star rating and comments are visible in this tab. But when I switch to the "Feedback" tab, I am able to see the photos. Hereafter will always check the Feedback tab so that I can look at the photos as well.

Guys, I got the VIN for the car I booked. It's a Nov 15 model. Does it seem about right since Jettas are CKDs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat4ever (Post 3932332)
Guys, I got the VIN for the car I booked. It's a Nov 15 model. Does it seem about right since Jettas are CKDs?

What did your Sales advisor tell you? Did he tell you its going to be a Nov 15 model? When i got my jetta and i had Run the VIN check, It showed me 4-5 months back too which is what my sales advisor had said, So pretty okay.

Yup I knew it was going to be a 2015 car, at pre budget prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat4ever (Post 3932355)
Yup I knew it was going to be a 2015 car, at pre budget prices.

Sweet, Shouldn't be an issue than, Just do a complete PDI too. All the best in bringing home the beast.

Hi, Based on feedback / inputs on tyres I plan to switch to Michelin Primacy P3 ST. If anyone has used Pirelli please share your experience.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drivethru (Post 3932588)
If anyone has used Pirelli please share your experience.
Thanks

Fellow Jetta owner iliketurtles had changed to Pirellis in his car, and had a sidewall bubble issue on one of the tires (this could be a one off incident). You could check with him in his ownership thread of his experience with the other 4 tires.

What's the deal with the number of speakers on the CL? One dealer confirmed there are four at the front and none at the back, and the brochure says so too.
But another dealer brought a CL for test drive which had two speakers at the back too.
Did they add two speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drivethru (Post 3932588)
Hi, Based on feedback / inputs on tyres I plan to switch to Michelin Primacy P3 ST. If anyone has used Pirelli please share your experience.

As graaja pointed out, I had an issue with one of the tyres when it developed a sidewalk bubble. While the P7's have been quite good from a silence and performance viewpoint, the sidewalls are just too soft for Indian conditions.

I'm almost at 30k Km's with the Pirelli's, so I'm coming to he point where I'll have to replace it. Doubt I'll be going with Pirelli this time, that says it all. I'll see if there are better options within the Pirelli universe since I plan to upsize the tyres.

Michelin's are a great choice, go for it without any hesitation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chethan B G (Post 3930682)
Metal pedals : AliExpress or e-bay. Buy the ones meant for RHD.

Hi Chethan,

Whats RHD ?

One of the accessories guy in Whitefield suggested he could try getting Sparco or Momo original ones, since I was told AliExpress could be Chineese replicas ?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsbhp (Post 3935643)
Whats RHD ?

Right Hand Drive. When you buy from AliExpress, some products will be for Chinese cars which are Left Hand Drive (LHD). These will not suit our cars in India. So, before ordering, you have to check with the seller if they have the product for RHD vehicles and then place the order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsbhp (Post 3935643)
One of the accessories guy in Whitefield suggested he could try getting Sparco or Momo original ones, since I was told AliExpress could be Chineese replicas ?

Yes. Usually if you get things from AliExpress, they are Chinese replicas. But usually they are of good quality. You need to check the number of orders and ratings received. If the number of orders and rating is high, it means the product is of good quality.

Original Jetta accessories are very expensive. For example, I wanted mud flaps, for which the dealer was quoting 8K. I have ordered them from AliExpress which cost around 1K. But from the ratings, I expect it to be of good quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graaja (Post 3935705)

Original Jetta accessories are very expensive. For example, I wanted mud flaps, for which the dealer was quoting 8K. I have ordered them from AliExpress which cost around 1K. But from the ratings, I expect it to be of good quality.

Hi Ganesh,

Eagerly awaiting your feedback on this.

I had ordered one earlier which did not fit the car. :Frustrati

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mk6-A6-VW-Je...item2ed7b9461f

I have OEM mud-flaps already. But I was looking for the shorter version, as the OEM ones are longer and scrap most humps. :)

Guys a very basic question. 😳
Is it pronounced Jetta or Yetta?
I watched most of the ads from the USA and all of them say Jetta, but it's a pain when know it all Indians try to correct you.