Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-110.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by micrographics (Post 2981637)
Pradip

Just check whether scratch has taken off the paint or it has another layer of TempoTraveller's paint. If latter is the case, then I can help you. I've the compound which can remove such marks.

Regards

Rakesh

Last I checked in morning in a hurry, it looked like white paint swirls in straight lines.

Let me check it and get back to you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeshmani (Post 2980762)
Wont it be a issue during wheel rotation if the spare has a steel rim instead of an alloy wheel?
Will sticking to just rotating 4 wheels be appropriate?

Providing a steel spare wheel a standard European practice. It may even be a inch or 2 smaller than the other 4 tyres. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nt-size-2.html)

It is not meant for rotation purposes, where the 4 alloys would be rotated.
The spare is to be used in case of a puncture / damage to the alloy till the time you can reach a nearest service point and get the repairs done.

I remember a lot of discussion on this happened in the Vento thread at the time of launch (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2181435).

Have been seeing quite a lot of people confused on Duster/XUV/Safari ? dilemma. Found this one good-

http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...s/20121206.htm

Good to see Duster selling in huge numbers.
Finally someone broke the code of the SUV segment with a decently spec'd and good looking vehicle by manufacturing it locally.

If guys at Hyundai have any market sence at all, they will have realized what a huge market opportunity they lost with the Tucson. A very very competent SUV very similar to Duster + AWD!

BTW, I read in ACI this month that even today the Fortuner which is sold for 20L+ comes with rear drum brakes!!! Ridiculous!!!

Way to go Renault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 2982582)
BTW, I read in ACI this month that even today the Fortuner which is sold for 20L+ comes with rear drum brakes!!! Ridiculous!!!

Way to go Renault.

But that's true even for Duster. Rear brakes are drum. I think only XUV and Storme have all 4 discs when checking among sub-15L SUV segment.

Quote:

Good to see Duster selling in huge numbers. Finally someone broke the code of the SUV segment with a decently spec'd and good looking vehicle by manufacturing it locally.

If guys at Hyundai have any market sence at all, they will have realized what a huge market opportunity they lost with the Tucson. A very very competent SUV very similar to Duster + AWD!

Way to go Renault.

No doubt it is a decent vehicle and at par in size with the Grand Vitara, Tuscon, CRV etc. but as a large SUV enthusiast it did not appeal to me once I saw one in real (I was pretty excited till then).

Hyundai no doubt lost it out, but I guess thay have their beard and butter and jam :D coming through the excellent line up of hatches & sedans.

As far as Fortuner goes, it is still a sellers market despite being grossly overpriced, having bare bone electronics / gizmos. I guess the looks & Toyota logo command the prices here.

It is a very good value for money sort of vehicle. I keep meeting fellow member Ampere who lives close to me. Each time I see his Duster I appreciate it more. My only regret is that they short changed us with the lack of 4x4 and dumbed down the safety kit in the Indian version, while still keeping the prices quite high.

The Hyundai fellows have really lost out on an opportunity. The Tucson was a few years early in this market. If it had been available now at the price range of Rs 18 -21 lacs or so on road (Bangalore), a lot more people would have bought it, even in preference to the XUV and the like. The Tucson is a very well engineered solid and reliable vehicle and hence, definitely worth buying!

And yes, Toyota is laughing all the way to the bank with their grossly over-priced and pretty crude Fortuner. It is way too expensive for what it offers and it is priced almost double here in India, comparing its price in say, Thailand, Australia etc. It costs a whopping 27.5 odd lacs on the road in Bangalore!!! That's absolute nonsense in my view and it is certainly NOT worth buying. I do not like the way some of these manufacturers take undue advantage of the India market situation.

At the risk of repeating myself, I will again state that on a Spec/ Trim level comparison with the European/ Australian version, the Skoda Yeti is priced very fairly in India for what it offers.

Quote:

Good to see Duster selling in huge numbers.
Finally someone broke the code of the SUV segment with a decently spec'd and good looking vehicle by manufacturing it locally.

Way to go Renault.

Just came across this awesome Duster Off-road Video. Some fantastic Rides there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHwn...ture=endscreen

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4CAR (Post 2983227)
Just came across this awesome Duster Off-road Video. Some fantastic Rides there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHwn...ture=endscreen

Fast forward to 2:24 and watch if you think only its 4x4 can do stuffs :)

Mighty impressed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2983406)
Fast forward to 2:24 and watch if you think only its 4x4 can do stuffs :)

Mighty impressed.

Hi jkdas,

Isn't this the 4x4? In the video at the 5:58 mark, when the rear comes down I believe I see the 4x4 sticker...

Cheers!

The Duster is nicely packaged together - I really like the looks. Only negative seems to be the relative lack of space in the middle row (I keep passing a few parked Dusters, so this is my observation after peering in).

Regarding these videos: Looks nice. But it is possible to do many tricks in a non-4X4 vehicle by abusing one's clutch and one's vehicle. Just a point to keep in mind...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouseau (Post 2983500)
Hi jkdas,

Isn't this the 4x4? In the video at the 5:58 mark, when the rear comes down I believe I see the 4x4 sticker...

Cheers!

Yes its the 4x4 version only, Duster is originally meant to be an Off-roader at a budget price vehicle.

I cancelled my booking in hope they will launch the 4WD asap.

Please Renault, be nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroback (Post 2981471)
So my Duster has the first scratch of infamous Bangalore traffic.

A joker temp traveller drive came diagonally near KR puram bridge from right most lane to left most lane, in the process brushing with me.

I guess scratch is more of white paint from traveller on my right hand side front door.

The scratch length is around 12 cm in length.

Any help?

Do you have a pic of the scratch. There is usually some light coloured primer under the main colour coat. If the scratch is deep, it could be the primer showing up. That will require a touch up, but personally I'd leave is alone (as I've done in my Punto). It might just ward off the 'evil eye' lol:

Rajesh

I had not really considered the Duster as my next vehicle. WOW! What a capable offroader this one.

I am going to be one of the first one's to book the 4WD version.

Renault, hope you are listening please:

Today while visiting my Doctor, I saw one white color Duster RXL (used one) for Sale.

I assume it was 85 BHP and the dealer told it is 4 months old.

It had 5 Spoke Silver Blank Alloys. I think it belongs to some Fellow TBHP member.