Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-102.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi (Post 2972989)
Hi All,

Does anyone feel that the quality of sound in telephone conversations over BT is bad? Specially the other person reporting a lot of echo of their own voice and unclear communication?

Sid

Your question along with a lot of questions from other members are mentioned in detail over in this ownership report:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-3.html

Duster aint a looker for all I guess.
Seen some modded ones on road. Linking a work by Kitup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas

Very good looking job there JK! Almost looked like an X1 for a moment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas

Good mods. Duster will look really good with mesh grills instead of those chrome ones. Also I remember some concept work published in IAB with a different grill. That looked stunning. If I ever buy a duster that will be one change my car will undergo immediately.

Pasting the link & ppic from IAB site. I just love the way the concept looks. Between, are there quality garages who can modify duster like this, in any of the metros? Would like to know the details if there are.

Mods, you may merge the posts.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/r...dcross-concept

Name:  ForumRunner_20121127_091217.png
Views: 23079
Size:  383.8 KB

Edit: Image copyright - respective owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2973639)
Pasting the link & ppic from IAB site. I just love the way the concept looks. Between, are there quality garages who can modify duster like this, in any of the metros? Would like to know the details if there are.

Mods, you may merge the posts.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/r...dcross-concept

Attachment 1019000

Edit: Image copyright - respective owners.

Hope Nissan's version looks something like this :)
Have seen a black one with wider tyres and black alloys and works. Looks very macho.

I think the DUSTER face-lift will share a lot of design cues from the recently launched 2013 Dacia Sandero Stepway ;

Renault Duster : Official Review-daciaopensorderbooksforsanderostepwaypricedat10590500357.jpg

That Stepway looks pretty good! As a less extreme and immediate measure, would like it very much if Renault offered the Dacia-like grille and smoked headlamps as an option. Something like this:

Source:http://www.shelbournemotors.com/uplo...5867ee93bf.jpg

Looks much better than the bling chrome grille and clear lamps IMO.

BTW, what's the top speed achieved (highway) with both variants 85 & 110?
At what top speed [ex.130,140 or 150kmph] it can be driven without straining the engine?

One silly question - if space is not the issue, is Swift diesel better/(next) option for a enthusiastic driver?

Quick Impressions of my 85 RxL(O) woodland brown.

Delivery : Dassera Day 24th Oct
Mileage : 1750 km (50% highway/50% city)
OTR: 11.8 lonavla individual regn. Self-purchased Zero dep insurance, mudflaps and carpet included.

1) FE in bumper to bumper : 11-13km/lit
2) FE in free flowing traffic above 40km/h average speed : 20+ km/lit
3) BT calling connects/works easily with Lumia 610/BB Bold. No echo issues. Phonebook has a problem. Only certain numbers get downloaded. Bug is not random. The same numbers get downloaded everytime. However, in the call lists, the name associated with the number is displayed. Ie, if I try to search for, lets say, Ashish, the number may not be displayed on the phonebook. But if I dial from the phone, the name "Ashish" is displayed in the 'Dialed Calls' list. So it must be accessing and storing the data, but not displaying it.
3.b) Plays music via BT audio very easily. But will shuffle within the selected playlist only. I haven't been able to jump from one playlist to the another from the HU.
4) No nagging rattles so far.
5) Shotgun seat could be little longer. Knees tend to overhang. Rear seats are very comfortable. Can fit two child seats and third person easily.
6) Water gets logged in the wide Duster chrome badging above the rear licence plate. Day after day, saw vertical streaks of water drying and leaving marks all the way to the rear bumper. Thought the car wash guy was being sloppy. One day just tugged lightly on the chrome badge, and water literally gushed out for a minute or so. Will try to get it fixed at first servicing.
7) Driving is a pleasure. You can cruise all day on smooth roads, and ride out bumps without a care. This will sound blasphemous, my other car is a Laura TSI(which I absolutely love), but on my last trip to lonavla I was glad to be driving the Duster on some of the horrible inner roads. Have generally not exceeded 2500 rpm (about 100-110kmph), and no issues of wind noise or engine noise whatsoever with windows up.
7.b) 85 hp is just about adequate. Forget trying to 'race' anybody. But you can putter around in 2/3rd gear in the city quite easily without riding the clutch much.
8) Can take turns with supreme confidence. I have section of road near my house where there are two traffic lights within 20 m, and I can take a right U-turn only after the second one. The two signals stay green synchronously on for not more than 20 seconds, and you have to sprint else you get stuck at the second light. I can pretty much pedal to metal it through the turn without any fear of flipping over.

Overall, pretty happy experience so far.

My worst nightmare happened today at the hands of Kiwraj Renault service station.

I went yesterday for my 1st service at the end of two months as required at 11.00am and was waiting for more than 10 minutes in front of the receptionist who was busy talking in a phone plus doing the needful of the SA, after losing my patience and raised my voice she came to her sense and stated she has not seen me standing in front of her:Frustrati

Again after waiting patiently for 10 more minutes Mr. Vivek service executive came to meet me saying there is only two guys appointed by the dealer to look into all the customers and i felt sorry, this guy is not more than 19 years.

I know pretty well there is nothing more than water wash in the 1st service and a general checkup but my requirement is three things 1. under chasis anti coat 3M paint 2. Engine water resistant paint 3. removing the dent from the under side back bumper area by heating it little bit and pushing it forward which is 5 minutes work.

This guy was very cooperative and said he will do the job in one day and hand over it in the same day evening but i am not in a hurry so said I will take delivery next day that is today by afternoon, and i came back happily to see a new vehicle today, as a follow up i called him yesterday evening by 6.00pm to confirm the status and he said the vehicle will be ready as assured earlier.

Today sharp i went to the service station by 12.00pm for delivery and shocked to find my vehicle standing in the parking area with no work done when i called the SA he came to say he will do all the three work done in half an hour and i waited. Then came the nightmare when they lifted to paint the under chassis it was full of mud!!!! half washed and these guys are readying to paint on it!!!!!! as i protested and requested to see the manager he came and instructed them to clean the under chassis manually with a water spray bottle and cloth a great idea!!!

Now when i was going around the car the second nightmare came there was a dent on the front left side fender:Shockked: when i reported the SA agreed it was caused by them as somebody has leaned on the fender and caused it now what a great excuse!!!! friends is the sheet metal so thin??

After all these happening i really went mad and started to call off the work and shouted to see some higher up who is really qualified to meet my demands or complain to Renault after this ruckus they brought down the vehicle from the ramp to wash it thoroughly and do the body shop work and promised to deliver the vehicle to my home tomorrow.

Now friends I am spending 4000/- for under body paint and 650/- for the engine protection and etc rounding to 5000/- still i am getting the worst treatment in my life and this a shock for a guy who is holding a ANHC auto pampered by the HONDA first class service for the past four years.

Friends is there anyway to do the services other than Kiwraj Renault? because its even dreadful to think going again to them in future and all of you please be careful at this place and if possible avoid this service station.

Why did you not go to the dedicated 3M store in chennai for underbody coating and engine protection. They would have done a far better job than the dealership.

The thread with all details is herE:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenn...ml#post2916337

Vid 6639> You are right i should have never believed these service guys.

I thought may be i will save time and travel in doing the under paint along with the 1 st service as the SA assured me he has done it for many cars and the 3M people or directly involved in the process well now the damage is done can anybody provide me the rates for under body rust protection paint in 3M?

Hi All,
My RxZ Pearl Supreme White came home on 24th Nov. Enjoying the experience to the core. I have a quick question.
I got 3 manuals at the time of delivery.
1) Quick start guide
2) Drivers Manual
3) Radio Manual.

I was expecting a maintenance and service manual with the car, but the executive says there is nothing like that which comes with the car. Also, I did not receive any free service coupons. The executive says the same will be taken care by their database, which is kept up to date. I asked him what if I have to get a service done at any other center, and he said that won't be a problem. Please convey if any body has received the above mentioned 2 items and put some light on the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharanvenu

I was expecting a maintenance and service manual with the car, but the executive says there is nothing like that which comes with the car. Also, I did not receive any free service coupons. The executive says the same will be taken care by their database, which is kept up to date. I asked him what if I have to get a service done at any other center, and he said that won't be a problem. Please convey if any body has received the above mentioned 2 items and put some light on the issue.

Hi! No one has got service booklet at delivery, however Renault Thane did give me a service booklet later (which was basically printed pages stapled together) which also contained three service coupons. But the service manager at first service clearly told me that the same is not required as the system is updated. I did not face any problem wrt service without coupons.