Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-93.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by veedub89 (Post 2960282)
I am quite sure that what you spotted was the Nissan's version of the Duster.... ACI had also reported this sometime back.
It doesn't make sense for Renault to launch a refurbished version just right now. They will probably do it in about an year's time.

Just happened to see ACI's report on new Nissan's crossover. From what I recollect vaguely, the front looks like what is shown in computer generated image of ACI though the grille was way different from what we have seen.

It absolutely makes sense for Renault not to launch a revamp. But looking at the way the styling were perfected, I'm sure Nissan would have something on stores by first quarter 2013 if the road tests yield perfect results to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waggy
....But the only way we identified it is a Duster is by the branding above the number plate which was the only region which wasn't blacked out. The vehicles were so quiet and I believe they should be a Petrol version. They way they were driven in Ghat section shows they are being tested for control and maneuverability in curves...

Thanks for the heads up.

Was there a 'Duster' branding in the spotted cars? If so that could be the 'Dacia Duster'. No point Renault will either revamp their car now or test the petrol variant. Also Nissan will not be using the Duster brand name for their version. Please do check for Dacia Duster spy pics in India & check the blacked out portions resemble with what you saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2960346)
Please do check for Dacia Duster spy pics in India & check the blacked out portions resemble with what you saw.

Looks like the ones right here
http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/d...ied-in-chennai

Except for the fact that the ones we spotted was sporting alloy wheels and the rear badge bragging "DUSTER" just above the number plate was metallic with letters carved in black. Number plates were painted in plain red with no numbers on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waggy (Post 2960271)
Has anyone else spotted them?

Even I spotted the twins on the Chennai highway this weekend. And the texture of driving was the same. Incredible speed.
Dont know what they were testing.

Based on the badges that were covered, many others also thought this would be the 4x4 version (especially sinc the slanted black strip,
which may be hiding the 4WD print).

Also I noticed that the word Duster was not being hidden. So definitely it may be a Renault version but a 4WD which
is more for export rather than for us. But the speed with which it was being driven, it was incredible. They were also
zig-zagging through the traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul

That's some good mileage, is it the 85 or 110?
------------
All odours were creeping in. After pushing it to a lock its improved somewhat.

Hi Rahul, It's an 85. BT issue is regarding the receiver hearing echo while on the call. Also I have to speak very loudly to be heard clearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkaushal

Hi,

I have completed my first free service at 2000 Kms and the total bill was about INR 600. I was told that the price at every 10K Kms would be ~ INR 7 to 8K. So I guess it would be cheaper than the Vento / Rapid combo.

Kaushal.

Hi Kaushal, what was the 600 rupees charged towards? I had my first service done couple of days back and I wasn't charged anything at all.

I also enquired reg 10K service charge and the guy told me that it would be approx 5000 rupees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2960360)
Even I spotted the twins on the Chennai highway this weekend. And the texture of driving was the same. Incredible speed.
Dont know what they were testing.
They were also
zig-zagging through the traffic.

On NH4/NH7? Probably they might have headed B'lore way after their testing on Ghat section of Yelagiri to be tested on Kolar road. I vaguely recollect seeing the driver on LHS which means it could be for export (blame my memory - I was mesmerized with the rides that came with us that I wasn't really concentrating on the badged one). But if I'm wrong and the way they are testing it under Indian conditions (maneuvering in traffic, speeding on highway and in corners testing the control, stability on braking, top speed and mileage), it either could be Nissan's Duster Dacia misleading us with the Duster badge at the back (or Dacia could probably sport one) or a Reanult's 4wd as you said. Lets see if someone spots it on some uneven terrain to confirm or else, no other option rather than to wait till launch. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waggy (Post 2960415)
On NH4/NH7? Probably they might have headed B'lore way after their testing on Ghat section of Yelagiri to be tested on Kolar road. I vaguely recollect seeing the driver on LHS which means it could be for export (blame my memory - I was mesmerized with the rides that came with us that I wasn't really concentrating on the badged one).

Very possible about it being a Nissan version of the Duster. But I still believe it being a 4WD version thanks to the black slanted strip.

This was at Chennai side of NH4 (beyond the Sriperumbudur toll both). When I crossed the toll both, they were resting around having
tea at roadside. After I covered some distance, they were at my heels coming down at break-neck speed.

Got my White Duster RxL 85 with Option yesterday.
Got the front & rear skid plates installed (6k) , mats, flaps,vehicle cover,chrome exhaust tip.

I need to get a Autocop/Xenos gear lock installed asap. And even perhaps a GPS/GPRS tracker system. Which shop would you guys recommend in Delhi? HAAAALPPPP guys.

Have driven around 200kms and another 200kms trip coming up tomorrow.
Have driven on NH58 , MID displayed ~18kmpl for that trip ! Me LIKE !

Ride is definitely the strongest point. Loving it!
Trying to take it easy and below 2500 rpm.
BUT The thing is, I like to hit 3-4k on the tacho in each gear and have to really make a conscious effort to keep it under 2500. :rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUXX
Got my White Duster RxL 85 with Option yesterday.
Got the front & rear skid plates installed (6k) , mats, flaps,vehicle cover,chrome exhaust tip.

I need to get a Autocop/Xenos gear lock installed asap. And even perhaps a GPS/GPRS tracker system. Which shop would you guys recommend in Delhi? HAAAALPPPP guys.

Have driven around 200kms and another 200kms trip coming up tomorrow.
Have driven on NH58 , MID displayed ~18kmpl for that trip ! Me LIKE !

Ride is definitely the strongest point. Loving it!
Trying to take it easy and below 2500 rpm.
BUT The thing is, I like to hit 3-4k on the tacho in each gear and have to really make a conscious effort to keep it under 2500. :rules:

Many congratulations BUXX. White definitely looks neat on the road. I can empathize with you reg the 2500 rpm limit, but try your best to stick to it and you will get rewarded with excellent FE.
Happy driving!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2960426)
This was at Chennai side of NH4 (beyond the Sriperumbudur toll both). When I crossed the toll both, they were resting around having
tea at roadside. After I covered some distance, they were at my heels coming down at break-neck speed.

:OT
If you're talking about the strech between Oragadam toll and Poonamalle, that's the strech even my Waggy loves - we both will be at a mad rush there! Unfortunately, this triggers some drivers to unnecessarily engage on a road rage with me :Frustrati Though my intention is not to race with them but I enjoy that strech on my own leisure and we always emerge the winner!

Btw, when and what time of the day did you spot them there? quite possible that the twins I spotted on Yelagiri might be on the way back from their road testing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waggy (Post 2960578)
If you're talking about the strech between Oragadam toll and Poonamalle, that's the strech even my Waggy loves - we both will be at a mad rush there! Unfortunately, this triggers some drivers to unnecessarily engage on a road rage with me :Frustrati Though my intention is not to race with them but I enjoy that strech on my own leisure and we always emerge the winner!

Sorry I slipped. It was not the Sriperumbudur toll, but the Wallajah toll where I had spotted them while at rest. This about noon (around 12 PM).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2960581)
Sorry I slipped. It was not the Sriperumbudur toll, but the Wallajah toll where I had spotted them while at rest. This about noon (around 12 PM).

Timing matches - I'm guessing you were Chennai bound around that time? They might probably be heading towards Chennai after giving us a flashing view at Yelagiri.

The last I heard about Duster Bookings was about 30K bookings in the first few weeks (or a month). Do we know if this backlog has swelled or ebbed?

We have consistently seen dealer deliveries of 4-5K from Renualt for the past 3 months. So if the new orders are not coming in at the same rate, the backlog should have ebbed.

I am not seeing any new announcements of bookings made by BHPians (pardon me if I have missed a few). Are the bookings tapering off? So, is it possible that the Duster is available off-the-shelf 3-4 months from now? After the initial backlog is depleted?

I am just trying to guage the interest towards the product. Any thoughts people?

Edit: If indeed, there is a reduction in the backlog we can hope to see a Nissan badged Duster at a lesser price sooner than later. Am I day-dreaming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya
The last I heard about Duster Bookings was about 30K bookings in the first few weeks (or a month). Do we know if this backlog has swelled or ebbed?

We have consistently seen dealer deliveries of 4-5K from Renualt for the past 3 months. So if the new orders are not coming in at the same rate, the backlog should have ebbed.

I am not seeing any new announcements of bookings made by BHPians (pardon me if I have missed a few). Are the bookings tapering off? So, is it possible that the Duster is available off-the-shelf 3-4 months from now? After the initial backlog is depleted?

I am just trying to guage the interest towards the product. Any thoughts people?

Edit: If indeed, there is a reduction in the backlog we can hope to see a Nissan badged Duster at a lesser price sooner than later. Am I day-dreaming?

Well the latest I checked at Renault Thane (3 days back), Duster still had a waiting period of 3-4 months, with dealer delivering August bookings. In all probability it (waiting) does not look like coming down very soon as the interest in the vehicle is still many of my society mates asking me about the prices /features etc every time I run into them.

But as it gets closer to the Ecosport launch, few might hold back to see what's in store there. If Ford is able to deliver a killer in Q1 '13, then it can definitely impact Duster.