Team-BHP - Renault Duster : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Renault Duster : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-92.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by engrohit (Post 2959761)
Hi Fellow Duster Owners,

Overall, the car has given an FE of 16 for first 2000 KM with mostly city driving.

That's some good mileage, is it the 85 or 110? I have the 110 and the mileage is around 12.8 after 1750km, out of this probably around 1000km is highway.

What the BT issue? The external odour creeping in is a problem, the recirculate switch locks on both ends, perviously mine was on the left end but not 'locked'. All odours were creeping in. After pushing it to a lock its improved somewhat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul

That's some good mileage, is it the 85 or 110? I have the 110 and the mileage is around 12.8 after 1750km, out of this probably around 1000km is highway.

What the BT issue? The external odour creeping in is a problem, the recirculate switch locks on both ends, perviously mine was on the left end but not 'locked'. All odours were creeping in. After pushing it to a lock its improved somewhat.

Hi Raul

Mine's a 110, I have clocked around 900 kilometers till now. I checked my FE when I topped up diesel at 550 for a long drive. By tank fill to tank fill it was about 15.57 km/ltr and by dashboard calculation around 14 Km/ltr. This was with 40:60 highway and city driving with highway speeds not exceeding 100 and rpms never beyond 2500.

Cheers

Had a minor 'Eureka' moment yesterday on 2 points.

The gum left behind after removing the paper sticker with the temp number and putting on the number plate can be easily removed by putting on a little vasaline (White Petroleum jelly) and rubbing it off. I left it for a couple of minutes and the gum came off very easily.

The rear bottom seat folds up against the back of the rear seat (Like in a Tavera) and then the back can be folded down to get a flat bed, but with a small hump in the middle. I'm not sure if this was discovered by others, but this was something the Renault guys didn't tell me.

Has anyone managed to get side steps fitted? I feel side step seems to be a necessity, even if one does not go for the Bull Bar. What say others.

Hi all,
I need some information, searched on net, visited service station, but couldnt find any (Ofcourse went on a Sunday :Frustrati). Hoping that this is the only thread where i could get some information.

What's the service cost of each service. Is it something like 10-12K for each service (Read: VW Vento and Skoda Rapid)? or they do use mineral oil + a bit cheap labor cost. Any feedback on how the service is?

What are the prices of spares like, Suspension, shock absorbers, struts, Lower arms, springs, bumper prices (front and rear), Filters cost, Head light cost. I believe that, no one had the necessity to change these spares, but some might have inquired. It would be great, if someone could respond to these queries. please:

Just tested out my Duster 85Ps RxL (O) outdoors yesterday. Not really many places around Palakkad but I only had a day so couldn't drive out too far. Here are some pics.
Meanwhile here is a sample pic of what I didstupid:.

Woodcrawler - Nice shot! Looks like your Duster just emerged from a swim! Was there any slippage, I understand the MRF wanderer's are not the best for slippery terrain like grass.

The 4x4 Duster would be perfect for this kind of terrain. Hopefully Nissan will do the needful. It will be a cracker of a car with 4x4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemi_kk (Post 2959969)
Hi all,
I need some information, searched on net, visited service station, but couldnt find any (Ofcourse went on a Sunday :Frustrati). Hoping that this is the only thread where i could get some information.

What's the service cost of each service. Is it something like 10-12K for each service (Read: VW Vento and Skoda Rapid)? or they do use mineral oil + a bit cheap labor cost. Any feedback on how the service is?

What are the prices of spares like, Suspension, shock absorbers, struts, Lower arms, springs, bumper prices (front and rear), Filters cost, Head light cost. I believe that, no one had the necessity to change these spares, but some might have inquired. It would be great, if someone could respond to these queries. please:

Hi,

I have completed my first free service at 2000 Kms and the total bill was about INR 600. I was told that the price at every 10K Kms would be ~ INR 7 to 8K. So I guess it would be cheaper than the Vento / Rapid combo.

Kaushal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkaushal (Post 2960102)
Hi,

I have completed my first free service at 2000 Kms and the total bill was about INR 600. I was told that the price at every 10K Kms would be ~ INR 7 to 8K. So I guess it would be cheaper than the Vento / Rapid combo.

Kaushal.

May be, its time for me to visit the service station.

I shall try my best to get all the required information.
Guys, if you need cost of any other spares, please post, so that i could find out the price of them too.

Hi Rajesh, thanks for the photographs.
I have one query, have you got full floor mat to protect your carpet?
If yes, please share the cost and installation details.

B.t.w, when is part-2 coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeshmani (Post 2960118)
Hi Rajesh, thanks for the photographs.
I have one query, have you got full floor mat to protect your carpet?
If yes, please share the cost and installation details.

B.t.w, when is part-2 coming?

Hi Sumesh,
I will be posting the second part this week. I got myself a new seat covers and water proof floor mats customized locally. I'm yet to get a mat done for the boot. I forgot the boot actually :Frustrati

The floor mats cost me1200 (4 pieces). One of my friensd in Chennai wanted to get a set parceled there. I've asked this chap to let me know how much it will cost including parceling. Will update after I get the info.

Rajesh

Everyone,

Yesterday, went to Yelagiri Hills with a bunch of bikers from Bangalore. As we stopped at the view point at 10th hair-pin bend, we spotted two white badges-blacked-out Dusters heading at an incredible speed up-hill. Hoping to capture them when we hit to top, we eased out. As the petrol heads were busy bragging about the power packed in their garage, we noticed that they were heading back towards the curve with such a speed they slowed down towards the curve.

By the time we managed to get armed they were way ahead of us, so couldn't capture pics. The vehicle appears to be having a revamped front that we were not able to identify the vehicle. But the only way we identified it is a Duster is by the branding above the number plate which was the only region which wasn't blacked out. The vehicles were so quiet and I believe they should be a Petrol version. They way they were driven in Ghat section shows they are being tested for control and maneuverability in curves.

Has anyone else spotted them?

Is Renault getting ready for a new launch by New Year - so far haven't heard any news!

They could be petrol variants of the Duster, just as you have speculated. Or they could be Nissan's take on the Duster. Since you said that the front of the vehicles have been revamped.

Too bad we couldn't get any photos. I'm sure that they'll turn up on t-bhp sooner or later!

I am quite sure that what you spotted was the Nissan's version of the Duster. Seeing Renault's success with it, Nissan wants in on the action. ACI had also reported this sometime back.
It doesn't make sense for Renault to launch a refurbished version just right now. They will probably do it in about an year's time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 2960059)
Woodcrawler - Nice shot! Looks like your Duster just emerged from a swim! Was there any slippage, I understand the MRF wanderer's are not the best for slippery terrain like grass.

The 4x4 Duster would be perfect for this kind of terrain. Hopefully Nissan will do the needful. It will be a cracker of a car with 4x4.

I was careful here. Tested the depth and firmness. It was more sandy than slushy so I drove in (with a prayer on my lips). As I had mentioned in my blog (see link in the original post) the Wanderers don't inspire confidence but they seem to be Ok so far.

I need to try it out in more demanding terrain but want to do it only when I have enough company to dig me out of trouble! I guess I'll be driving mixed feelings till the 4x4 is announced. The Brazilian site for Duster says it's water wading capacity is 40cm but I'm not sure if that is applicable here.

Rajesj

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemi_kk (Post 2960112)
May be, its time for me to visit the service station.

I shall try my best to get all the required information.
Guys, if you need cost of any other spares, please post, so that i could find out the price of them too.

Can you please find out how much do the Head lamps and Tail lamps cost. And also the ORVMs, whether they have the motor in-built. Front and Rear bumper, the plastic parts.

I just want to assess how much it would hit your wallet to get minor repairs as these parts are the ones taking the beating in the congested streets of ours.