Team-BHP - Jaguar F-Type : Driven
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jaguar F-Type : Driven (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136782-jaguar-f-type-driven-2.html)

Oh God! Oh God! That is the single most beautiful car "in the world" (Jeremy Clarkson style). It's absolutely stunning. Total drool material. Not sure what I won't give to have replaced Jaggu here :D. Though the roof actually spoils the look. If I had it, I would rather freeze to death than put the roof up. It's so beautiful, I don't think people would know that there's a man frozen to death inside.

What a beautiful car! I am still wondering why you didn't call out the design as one of the + points. :)

Did you get to hear any stories on Ratan Tata' push and design inputs for the F-Type?

And any pictures showing the car with an open bonnet? I love it when part of the fender goes up with the hood. Also, what's the price of the V8 S? Its masked by the T-BHP URL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 3130020)
Oh God! Oh God! That is the single most beautiful car "in the world" (Jeremy Clarkson style). Though the roof actually spoils the look.

+1 to that. The roof really spoils a seamless design that the vehicle has been crafted to. Maybe its time for JLR to invent some sort of folding Aluminium roof that won't spoil the party? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3129800)

Thanks to some nifty packaging like retracting door handles that only pop-out when the car is unlocked, there are no ugly projections on those smooth curves:

All cars should get this. At least the high end ones. Absolute sense.
The door handles totally break the design flow in a car.
Won't it be simpler if they had just designed the handle to be a "push-in to open" type rather than have it jut out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3129800)
Eye for detail, the bi-function HIDs with Jaguar engraved on the casing:

Absolutely gorgeous.
I recall a similar engraving on the XF and RR2013 headlamps like a DSLR lens. It looks too good.

Overall, this car is another example to why Jaguar is gonna hit the German trio black and blue. Way to go!

:OT Makes me think what TML is really doing with such design and tech prowess at their disposal. Its been like 6 years already?!

Epic Review Jaggu Sir!! Superb pictures and a superb review. JLR is going all out to woo the Indian Millionaires, first the the next-gen Range Rover, and now this piece of automotive art. Good days ahead for the Indian petrol heads I must say
On the other hand I feel proud to be a BHPian for its recognition by the biggies of the automotive industry world wide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane_Power (Post 3129989)
The car is just beautiful. I thought the red was the most beautiful color on the car until I saw the Black :D.. And it will also look spectacular in white (not with the rag-top version, but in the coupe)

-Bhargav

I was in White and Black through the drive, but nothing comes close to the italian racing red or for that matter the salsa red!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3130112)
What a beautiful car! I am still wondering why you didn't call out the design as one of the + points. :)

Yes indeed, this is one gorgeous babe, and i wanted bhpians to shower the love on her :)

Quote:

Did you get to hear any stories on Ratan Tata' push and design inputs for the F-Type?

JLR is very proud to have the India parent give them their creative space and not once i heard of any indian arm in between, on the contrary i got a feeling they were having their best creative time (design and engineering) under the current ownership.

Quote:

And any pictures showing the car with an open bonnet? I love it when part of the fender goes up with the hood. Also, what's the price of the V8 S? Its masked by the T-BHP URL.

I checked with my image archive, but unfortunately i don't have the image which shows the side view, with hood open. What i have is just the full hood, but that will not give an idea of the curvature you are talking about. 79,950 Pounds for the V8S

Now that is something I would love to do. Land in Spain and drive a supercar and enjoy the spectacular views. Wow! I really envy you Jaggu.

BTW thats an amazing review covering every little part of the car in detail. Each and every pic is wallpaper material. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Excellent review. Do you know what is the function of the "stealth" mode displayed on the MID?

A great review Jaggu. Rating the thread 5 *s. The exterior design, the cockpit and the attention to details of the car have been top notch. Kudos to Jaguar! Loved the track videos as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak77 (Post 3130196)
Excellent review. Do you know what is the function of the "stealth" mode displayed on the MID?

I also have the same question.

I believe in function over form and thats why i'd prefer a Porsche Carrera/Turbo/GT3 over the more flamboyant and theatrical Ferraris and Lambos any day!
But MY GOD this Jag has swept me over with its looks!!! :Shockked: Its the most beautiful thing there is as of now. The XK was more an imitation of the DB9 and looked half and half with its design. But this F Type,gosh,i'm literally lost for words!!!They've bettered the Astons in terms of design!!!Now,only if i had the moolah to buy this and put it in my living room!!! stupid:
As Jeremy puts it, 'This JAG is the most beautiful car......IN THE WORLD!!!!'

Brilliant review of the F-Type Jaggu.It's great that Team-BHP is now being invited to more and more high end car events.Maybe the next big car review would be of a supercar(LaFerraristupid:)
Also,the F-Type looks amazing and thankfully they have not ruined their 2-seater sports car heritage with the new car like some other manufacturers.
One question: Did the instructor have controls for the brake etc. on his side as well?He seemed a bit intrusive throughout the lap in the video.

Amazing review of an amazing car. Each Team-BHP's review is outdoing the previous one and has now reached a level where all other magazines' reviews have to reach for the stars to catch up. Congrats clap:clap:

This particular review reminds me of the movie name "Beauty and The Beast". It's quite fitting actually. I don't know if it's the post-editing of those pictures or the scenery was really that beautiful. The car on the other hand, as you've described, is really a beast!

Classic review and such an awesome car. Love the black color and the black alloys combo.

Wow! Treat for eyes is what I can say about the photographs. She looks gorgeous in RED. So happy to see the manufacturers trust Team-BHP reviews makes an impact in the market.

Kodos Jaggu and crew for this International review.

Jaggu, The excitement must have been something that you would probably cherish for life I guess.

Driving a pure bred sports car on a track with an instructor what more can you ask..

The pics are drool material.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful review

Cheers

EDIT : I was actually reading the review on MSN and was wondering if the review could have been better with greater emphasis on the dynamics. Lo and behold I see this review

How much I envy you Jaggu.

It is a phenomenal looking car, and it appears to drive as well as it looks.
What is interesting is that it still manages to retain characteristics from its predecessors while looking completely minimalistic and chic. Not many carmakers manage to successfully do that. And some just do the exact same thing again (Gord GT40 and GT). How very boring.

It's not as angry as the Z4 or a teenager like the TT.
Both BMW and Audi have a huge range where they can take little bits from and plonk it in their roadsters.
Jaguar doesn't have that advantage. The kind of design touches that they have shown here has come a long way from the 2007 Jaguar XKR which had rubbish interior quality, among other things.

I must say, since Tata bought JLR, both companies have transformed themselves.
Jaguar with the XJ, XKR-S, XF and now this. All of them stand for a distinct aspect of the company.

Land Rover - with its new Range Rover and the incredible Range Rover Evoque. Seems that they can still do a lot on the Freelander range.

Keep it going JLR!