Team-BHP - Jaguar F-Type : Driven
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jaguar F-Type : Driven (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136782-jaguar-f-type-driven-4.html)

Very Nice Review Jaggu and must say Jaguar F type has been beautifully captured in snaps.

Envious that you visited such a beautiful region of Spain to drive a gorgeous Super car!!

We must admit that F-type is a spectacularly good looking car! Interior also oozes out a lot of style and modern features. Pity that such cars are so damn expensive or to look at it differently i don't earn yet that much to own such a beauty.

I am just hoping that this year Formula 1 at BIC where normally all kinds of Super cars turns up and I get to see this beauty in flesh there.

Coming back to the review, well versed and pretty precise that also covers some key aspects which were not touched upon by other reviews i have seen or read.

Great review of an amazing car. This is one of those times I wish we didn't have those ridiculously high taxes on CBU's.

Few compliments and congratulations (CC) are in order.

First CC to Tatas especially to Mr. Ratan Tata for having the vision and courage to buy JLR although the products, markets and customers of both the companies were totally different and Tatas had no experience of the premium automobiles. By buying JLR they also rescued the company from Ford or some other buyer who may not have managed it so efficiently.

Second CC again to Tatas for having given the freedom to JLR management to to run their business themselves. Our Jaguar sales person in 2010 had gushingly told us that the best thing Tatas have done to JLR is having given them freedom of operations.

Third CC to JLR engineers who have risen from ashes and have designed the new Evoque, the new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport and now the F Type. Each one of them have already become or have the potential to become runaway hit. That is 4 hits in a row. This also justifies the massive investments in product development and new factories. Of course both the managements also need to be complimented in believing their engineer's capabilities and strategies and sanctioning such massive investments. I am not counting the very successful XF and XJ as their development had started in FORD era.

Fourth CC to Team BHP in getting recognition from international auto markets.

Last but not the least to Jaggu for having written such a nice review of such a nice car. I had read many reviews of F Type much earlier but this is much more comprehensive. I also envy you for getting this magnificent opportunity to sample F Type in Spain. For me you will now be "Jaggu Dada"

Jaguar has recently topped the JD Power Satisfaction survey 2013 in UK as the best manufacturer while XF has been again voted the most satisfying car to own and also the best executive car.

Today I noticed that the design concepts pioneered by JLR may appear in other brands also. Notice in the new BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé concept the grab handle on the center console is similar to the F Type.

Jaguar F-Type : Driven-image3744432429.jpg

Jaguar F-Type : Driven-image1638723579.jpg

Jaguar F-Type : Driven-image1501985275.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by akj53 (Post 3131441)
Notice in the new BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé concept the grab handle on the center console is similar to the F Type.

Woaaah! this is straight lift! Nice catch.

Yes Jaguar has been gaining fast wrt the quality aspects and i had a chance to experience few other products during the course of the trip and they are really a class apart. The most apparent difference one feels while sitting in a Jaguar product is how it feels so tailored/custom made to your needs. You sit in a BMW, Merc... and if you sit in them too often, you will feel they are ehhhh kinda similar. But the moment you sit in a Jaguar, its quite different, quite personal. ahhh enough of the rant :)

Jaggu drives the Jaguar. :D

Very nice review and great photos. Thanks for the videos too - loved the one which showed the instructor guiding you through the circuit with hand signals. Must have been a treat!

One design highlight that I especially liked was that of the rear taillamps with a circular element set in what is otherwise a very slim design.

The color combo of the V8 - kind of orange with black alloys looked superb.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Amazing car and wonderful review. My only remorse is I don't have money to buy it. I personally believe this is going to sell well. It is definitely stunning in the looks department.

Just saw its adv on ITV channel in UK - Amazing ad - especially when the car is shown in the tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7IQpI-Ms2w

Awesome review Jaggu'ji. Absolutely lovely car and you got to experience what it offers in the lovely roads of Spain! Absolutely green with envy :D. By the way, i loved the bit where you put in a little bit of that jag history for us all; made the review that much more special. Kudos!

Fantastic review, Jaggu :thumbs up

Chuffed to see Team-BHP go Int'l.

As a fellow-Bhpian rightly pointed out to me after reading this thread, "If they start review cars this often, I have no reason to read reviews by international mags anymore".

Jaguar To Launch F-Type In India On 8th July!

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/jaguar...8th-july-2013/

Chris Harris puts the Jaguar F-Type V8S against the Aston V8 Vantage Roadster & 911S Convertible on UK roads and a track.

So, which one does he pick? Well, watch and find out! Though on track, I felt he had the most fun in the smokey one! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruFXKEIPTvA

Thanks deetjohn for sharing, well i will mostly agree to Chris Harris and keep in mind he reviewed the V8S which is the most brutal of the lot. I think he would have loved the V6S better on the track since its much more manageable and behaves pretty distinguished compared to this thug :D At the end of the day, this car has got some amazing character to it, its rather difficult to pin point it to one or two traits. Its the overall package that works, i think Jaguar has done a brilliant job with F Type as a whole package, it just clicks for you and is pretty addictive and a head turner too.

Ones who wanted more of those exhaust notes ^^, do watch this video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 3156841)
I think he would have loved the V6S better on the track since its much more manageable and behaves pretty distinguished compared to this thug :D

Yes, most reviews that I have seen point to the fact that V6 S is the best F type out there. Harris wanted to bring the 911 to the equation and hence chose the V8 for this test.

Eagerly waiting to catch one in person! I just cannot stop ogling. :)

So I have official word that the car will be unveiled and launched on the 7th of July in Mumbai.

The previous thread on the F-Type launch has been closed, so if the mods could please merge this with that thread.

Jaguar India FB page says July 8

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Trust me on this, I have the invite in my hand.