Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-755.html)

Friends, while driving for 150 Kms of broken hilly roads today, my ac turned on 3-4 times on its own. It happened during last 20 kms of journey. What seems to have gone wrong here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatsby_great (Post 4219653)
Friends, while driving for 150 Kms of broken hilly roads today, my ac turned on 3-4 times on its own. It happened during last 20 kms of journey. What seems to have gone wrong here?

This is really unique. I'm not sure you should be complaining. Most people consider something an issue or wrong thing when something doesn't turn on or incorrectly turns off. You have a reverse situation! You have something coming on! That's a refreshing change in this world of negativities.

My 10 month old TDCI car is now 12k on the ODO and have 2 services completed till date (at 3k and 10k).

The mileage per liter has significantly come down from 16+ to 12+ now on the MID (Tank to Tank method is at a drop from 15 to 12 kms / liter). Had informed about this during my second service as well, but other than oil / filter change -> nothing much was done to check on this.

Note:
Same driving style, no change in traffic conditions (late afternoon to office and return late night from office - very less traffic), fueling from same pump, fill up tyre pressure at 30 psi every month, drive with AC 100% of the time (not sure if its due to recent high temperatures but now weather here at Hyderabad is cooled down).

Any pointers on the mileage drop while driving in City conditions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4220420)
This is really unique. I'm not sure you should be complaining. Most people consider something an issue or wrong thing when something doesn't turn on or incorrectly turns off. You have a reverse situation! You have something coming on! That's a refreshing change in this world of negativities.

Actually, I would be happy running the car with AC always on but on very steep climbs I need more torque to be in 2nd gear. Besides, on long drives one has to be confident about reliability of car. Ford Service is 160kms away and I live in a small town of J&K. :)

Quote:

Rat bites? Loose wires?

Since the Ford A.S.S is far, at least have a trusted mechanic take a look at the engine bay for visible signs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4180733)
A peculiar problem. It had been there for months now, but I didn't care address it. For the first few minutes after starting the car the steering mounted audio controls do not work at all. After a few mins, they start working, but now, the buttons are mixed up. Say, I press vol down, it skips the track, etc. And after about 5-10 mins, everything starts working normally. All along, the console mounted controls works just fine.

Strange, isn't it? Any ideas?

Hi

is this resolved ? i am also facing same issue. steering buttons doesn't work for initial some time and then start working without any issue.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustStarted (Post 4222616)
Hi

is this resolved ? i am also facing same issue. steering buttons doesn't work for initial some time and then start working without any issue.

Thanks

Nope. Since it wasn't a critical issue, I didn't pursue it. Perhaps i will take it to the service center before the warranty expires in august.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4222744)
Nope. Since it wasn't a critical issue, I didn't pursue it. Perhaps i will take it to the service center before the warranty expires in august.

Looks like a moisture issue. Very common with TV remotes. Try running a hair dryer on it. It probably starts working after some time because the AC or the heat dries it off.

Got the delivery of my 1.5 Ecosport petrol last week. Went on a long drive from Gurugram to Kasauli and back the next day. Need help on few queries-

1. I have been driving a Ritz diesel and found the Ecosport very lethargic. It was a pain to go up on inclines. Is it how the car is or am I yet to get a hang of the petrol motor?

2. Will there be any improvement in performance once some more mileage is put on the odo? The car has done some 800 kms till now.

The car excels in every other department, specially the handling (for a tall car) is amazing.

Cheers!

Our 2017 Ecosport has two issues since day #1:

1) The all new afterthought touchscreen HU loses BT connectivity each time. We have to unpair the phone and reconnect to regain

2) The clock set on the HU advances itself by a few hours after an idle period of about 15-20 minutes.

Anyone facing similar issues?

EDIT: Posting version info if that helps:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8752.jpg

Quote:

Yes this happens with me too. A sharp undulation and if the car suffers a sharp jerk, AC turns on on its own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 4223667)
Yes this happens with me too. A sharp undulation and if the car suffers a sharp jerk, AC turns on on its own.

oh okay. If you happen to visit service center and find its solution then please PM me. I will do the same if I go first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyas337 (Post 4220433)
My 10 month old TDCI car is now 12k on the ODO and have 2 services completed till date (at 3k and 10k).

The mileage per liter has significantly come down from 16+ to 12+ now on the MID (Tank to Tank method is at a drop from 15 to 12 kms / liter). Had informed about this during my second service as well, but other than oil / filter change -> nothing much was done to check on this.
Any pointers on the mileage drop while driving in City conditions?

My Car with lesser on the ODO gives 16+ in city and 18+ in highway. Switching off the AC at signals with fan running and switching off the ignition on Longer duration signals helps me get such mileage. If the air filter is clean and no history of adulterated fuel, the engine should not get strained for giving lesser efficiency

Regards

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 4223667)

I am facing a similar issue wherein on hitting a rumble strip or bad bump the auto climate control switches off on its own but the ac keeps running in manual mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 4223289)
Our 2017 Ecosport has two issues since day #1:

1) The all new afterthought touchscreen HU loses BT connectivity each time. We have to unpair the phone and reconnect to regain

2) The clock set on the HU advances itself by a few hours after an idle period of about 15-20 minutes.

Anyone facing similar issues?

EDIT: Posting version info if that helps:

Attachment 1651103

Hi moralfibre, I also faced the same issues when I took delivery in Mar 2017 (Mine is a Titanium Diesel, BTW). I got the HU software updated and it got resolved.

Please take your car to the service centre and get the HU software updated. The current software version is 1.0.0.1 (atleast thats what I saw in my car when they updated it).

Have not faced any issues post that update.

Another tip to all new Ecosport vehicles with the 8" HU, please keep your device's bluetooth turned "ON" before you hit the Push Button Start. More so when using iPhone.

Hope this helps. Please do keep us updated on whether this has solved it for you.

Cheers & Drive Safe.