Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-759.html)

Iam having issues in SYNC for quite some times as its really responding vaguely.
At times the stereo will stop responding to any buttons, on-off knob etc. I have to turn off the car completely and then turn it on and then it will work.
This has already happened for 3 times.

The rear censor will not beep so its impossible to judge any obstructions at the back.

The phone will not sync properly so its not possible to talk through Bluetooth.

I tried speaking with the ford SA and he says that my SYNC is already updated so no resolution for this.

Now guys please what should I do?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4241380)
Is there any harmful effects of weather specially sunlight on the spare tyre in the event that one does not opt for the stepney cover?

Someone might have a more scientific explanation, but I'm not sure an exposed spare would deteriorate noticeably faster than the active wheels (5-wheel rotation would take care of equalising running wear over the lifecycle). They're all exposed to the same elements ultimately.

A covered tire would be prone to trapping moisture and assorted grime, which may harm the mounting in the long run by accelerating rusting.

Common sense answer only, open to correction :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4241380)
Is there any harmful effects of weather specially sunlight on the spare tyre in the event that one does not opt for the stepney cover?

No, probably there are no such harmful effects of weather on the spare tyre since all tyres are exposed to same weather conditions and will respond in same ways as any other 4 tyres put to driving four cluster, rather it will not suffer any wear due to tarmac or off tarmac runs like the other 4. Also everytime the car is serviced 5 wheel rotation is practiced by the servicing authority, even the wheel aligners and balancers do the same when you visit them for scheduled wheel alignment and balancing. But still I will advice you to go for the cover because in our country there are a lot of notorious and shameless elements interested in playing and harming others property i.e by piercing the tyre with nails or stabbing them with cutting blades or deflating them. Cover helps to prevent the wheel and tyre from such persons since tailgate mounted wheel easily grab the attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uneet (Post 4241432)
Iam having issues in SYNC for quite some times as its really responding vaguely.
At times the stereo will stop responding to any buttons, on-off knob etc. I have to turn off the car completely and then turn it on and then it will work.

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! :Shockked:

I came on to this forum just now to seek help about this same issue and this was the first post I saw! I've tried it sending to a Ford workshop also, they tried some random stuff with it (battery removal, software update) and when they gave the car back to me it seemed to be working fine. But then 1 hr later, same issues again. I don't understand the root cause of this.

If anyone has a solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated because this is annoying the hell out of me. I can't use the bluetooth, I can't listen to the radio or my music and even the rear sensors are not beeping because the systems is hung up. PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorflame (Post 4242675)
I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!

If even disconnecting the battery and software doesn't solve the problem, this could be hardware related.

Tweet Ford about this; it'll hopefully make the dealer take this more seriously.

Quote:

The rear censor will not beep so its impossible to judge any obstructions at the back.

The phone will not sync properly so its not possible to talk through Bluetooth.

I tried speaking with the ford SA and he says that my SYNC is already updated so no resolution for this.

Now guys please what should I do?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4242706)
If even disconnecting the battery and software doesn't solve the problem, this could be hardware related.

Tweet Ford about this; it'll hopefully make the dealer take this more seriously.

Thanks, I will try that. The dealer is now telling me that the entire infotainment system needs to be replaced. I have a feeling this is going to end up costing me a bomb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorflame (Post 4242707)
Thanks, I will try that. The dealer is now telling me that the entire infotainment system needs to be replaced. I have a feeling this is going to end up costing me a bomb.

I assume your car is out of warranty then?

Tweet Ford about this and mention that two cars you know of are facing this issue; mention the URL of your post.

If at all Ford can't help and you have no option but to change the entire system, use this opportunity to get the latest hardware: whatever the facelift EcoSport comes with. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4242735)
I assume your car is out of warranty then?

Tweet Ford about this and mention that two cars you know of are facing this issue; mention the URL of your post.

If at all Ford can't help and you have no option but to change the entire system, use this opportunity to get the latest hardware: whatever the facelift EcoSport comes with. :)

Yes, it's out of warranty. It's a 2013 model. I have tweeted Ford about this issue and they took my contact details then said that someone will get back to me. Still waiting for a response.

Hello all, I had the 40k service done for my ecosport along with a battery change a few days ago. It was fine when I drove it home. The next day when I drove the car, I noticed the steering pulling towards the left. The tyre pressure was fine so I took it back to the ASC thinking it was an alignment issue. They swapped the left and right tyres then re did the alignment and finally said that the left steering knuckle has been damaged (the technician seemed surprised) and needs to be replaced. I was taken aback because I only drove on smooth paved roads and not hit one pothole after the service. The wheel bearing also has to be replaced and Ive to shell out 7-8k for the total thing. Is it safe to drive around like this or should i replace it ASAP? It isnt covered under warranty.

Heey! Back to this thread after a long time! I was quiet because I was quite happy with my car since the last 9-10 months. I was happy with the music system UNTIL I heard the audio on another car. I now feel I need an upgrade. I might have asked this earlier and I was pointed to a thread about Ecosport ICE upgrade which then went dead. The sound is great when idle but I need more of lows and mids and highs and everything when I'm driving as well!

Can someone help me understand what are the different possibilities of me upgrading (and/or adding additional) speakers without voiding the warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by komalthecoolk (Post 4244104)
Heey! Back to this thread after a long time! I was quiet because I was quite happy with my car since the last 9-10 months. I was happy with the music system UNTIL I heard the audio on another car. I now feel I need an upgrade. I might have asked this earlier and I was pointed to a thread about Ecosport ICE upgrade which then went dead. The sound is great when idle but I need more of lows and mids and highs and everything when I'm driving as well!

Can someone help me understand what are the different possibilities of me upgrading (and/or adding additional) speakers without voiding the warranty?

This could be the only post in the whole thread that talks about an ICE upgrade. The fact is the audio quality of the Ecosport is way better than even cars several segments above it. A tad low on bass, maybe, but otherwise it has a clean output. If your car didn't come with tweeters, then that might be the only upgrade you need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4244238)
This could be the only post in the whole thread that talks about an ICE upgrade. The fact is the audio quality of the Ecosport is way better than even cars several segments above it. A tad low on bass, maybe, but otherwise it has a clean output. If your car didn't come with tweeters, then that might be the only upgrade you need.

Haha! I know. It's very good for an OEM speaker that people don't want to go through the effort and expenditure of an upgrade. I've lived with and enjoyed it for an year almost! But I feel music can always sound a little better.. always ;)

I was planning to celebrate one year of owning this beautiful car with some upgrades. I don't feel like I need any mechanical upgrades. A sexy looking pair of projector headlamps would be great but the same 30-40K can also improve the audio much better is what I felt. If somebody has any good suggestions, I'm still waiting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komalthecoolk (Post 4244251)
Haha! I know. It's very good for an OEM speaker that people don't want to go through the effort and expenditure of an upgrade. I've lived with and enjoyed it for an year almost! But I feel music can always sound a little better.. always ;)

I was planning to celebrate one year of owning this beautiful car with some upgrades. I don't feel like I need any mechanical upgrades. A sexy looking pair of projector headlamps would be great but the same 30-40K can also improve the audio much better is what I felt. If somebody has any good suggestions, I'm still waiting.

Seriously, do the headlights first. That is the first one I'd attend to, unless I cud do something to make the steering tighter or remap the 1.5P. My warranty is getting over next month, and if I don't go get the Compass this year, am going to upgrade the headlights.

About the music, I think you should try changing the speakers first before touching the HU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 4244266)
Seriously, do the headlights first. That is the first one I'd attend to, unless I cud do something to make the steering tighter or remap the 1.5P. My warranty is getting over next month, and if I don't go get the Compass this year, am going to upgrade the headlights.

About the music, I think you should try changing the speakers first before touching the HU.

The reason i'm not going for the headlights is the theory I hear about the white/cool-white lights not doing well in rains and fog. I will upgrade when I really feel the strong need for it. And you are correct. I have no plans of touching the stock HU. Only speaker upgrades is what I'm looking for. Even if I can't install the amp due to warranty issues, i want to know the procedure to change the speakers without any wiring/warranty issues.

During my recent trip to Hampi, encountered a strange one-off scenario with my 2015 Ecosport (Diesel, Titanium).

Somewhere close to Kudligi on the Hospet - Chitradurga road, after crossing a speed breaker, downshifted to second gear and pressed the accelerator only to be met with zero throttle response. Removed my foot off the A pedal, waited a couple of seconds, tried accelerating again, the response was not any different. Pulled over to the road side, checked for any warning lights, found none, shifted to 1st gear and was then able to drive away as if nothing ever happened. This did not re-occur through my journey back to Bangalore.

Started from Hampi earlier in the day and hence would have covered 70-80 kms before this happened. Odo stands at 24,xxx kms currently and the 20k service was performed 3 months ago.

Any thoughts on what could have caused this ?