Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-767.html)

Planning on giving my Ecosport AT for its second service tomorrow.

Facing clutch judder/slip in two specific scenarios
1) After prolonged usage in S mode say more than an hour in Kerala NH (TVM-Cochin route; mentioning this to indicate typical driving scenario- 2 lane NH, high traffic density, lots of aborted overtaking attempts, and generally 6 hrs to complete 210 kms)
2)After around 30 mins of stop-go traffic in D mode where net distance moved would be 2 kms.

The vehicle was purchased last October. I am assuming that it should have the latest patches for the gear shift logic, but considering the above scenarios, can I ask for for an updates or tweak for transmission software for these scenarios? I am not concerned about loss of fuel mileage due to any tweaks.

Any other particulars that I need to note or take care during the service?

Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA? It's starting price is higher than the Corolla's - link :Shockked:.

In India, it's less than half of the Toyota.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4277796)
Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA? It's starting price is higher than the Corolla's - link :Shockked:.

Maybe because they getting AWD now? If I'm not mistaken....

Quote:

Even overlapping to the Camry territory. Corolla is more like America's M800 :)

The US Ecosport looks extremely fresh with that new face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4277802)
Maybe because they getting AWD now? If I'm not mistaken....

Nope. Check the specs on the link I shared. It's the base FWD with fabric seats starting at USD $20,000 (i.e. 13 lakh rupees). AWD adds $1,500 to that price.

Quote:

Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA?

Could it be because the Corolla feels so over-priced in India for what it offers, against the EcoSport which seems to be perfectly priced?

EDIT: Furthermore, on closer look, the EcoSport that the Yanks get is so significantly up-specced than the Indian offerings, that the pricing looks quite justified.

See this circa $28000 variant for example - : 2018 Ford EcoSport SES, 4WD, 2.0L Ti-VCT I-4 engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift® Capability - 4WD

It would be so sweet to get this configuration here.
I almost want to petition Ford India to introduce this model here too.
Damn!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 4278156)
Could it be because the Corolla feels so over-priced in India for what it offers, against the EcoSport which seems to be perfectly priced?

Also to do with imports. In India, the EcoSport is locally manufactured while the Corolla has a higher import content. In the USA, the Corolla is a locally built car with insane volume (20,000 - 30,000 / month...like the Alto here), while the EcoSport is imported from India.

Plus, we have the different taxation levels (EcoSport enjoys sub-4 meter benefits).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4278744)
Also to do with imports. In India, the EcoSport is locally manufactured while the Corolla has a higher import content. In the USA, the Corolla is a locally built car with insane volume (20,000 - 30,000 / month...like the Alto here), while the EcoSport is imported from India.

Plus, we have the different taxation levels (EcoSport enjoys sub-4 meter benefits).

Different countries, different realities. It is also worth noting that in Brazil, the Ecosport is priced higher than the Duster.

Couple of questions:

- Is the 12V socket in the center console supplied power continuously, even after the engine is shut down/car is locked out?
I use that socket to power my dashcam and generally remove the charger when I'm parking but left it in yesterday to check if it still gets power after I've locked the car, and it did.

- What is the logic for the cabin lamps to turn on when you shut down the engine?
Some times, the cabin lamps turn on after I shut down the engine (I have the push button start); and at times, they only come on after I open one of the doors

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4279762)
Couple of questions:

- Is the 12V socket in the center console supplied power continuously, even after the engine is shut down/car is locked out?
I use that socket to power my dashcam and generally remove the charger when I'm parking but left it in yesterday to check if it still gets power after I've locked the car, and it did.

Yes always on. Will drain car battery if left for long connected to dashcam. Read 4-5 days. I know from experience.

Quote:

- What is the logic for the cabin lamps to turn on when you shut down the engine?
Some times, the cabin lamps turn on after I shut down the engine (I have the push button start); and at times, they only come on after I open one of the doors
They come on when you turn off and then after you open the doors. Even when you unlock the car the cabin lamps turn on and then turn off after a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4279765)
Yes always on. Will drain car battery if left for long connected to dashcam. Read 4-5 days. I know from experience.

Oh. I generally take the charger out each time I step out of the car but risk the socket to get damaged from constant use.

Not too fond of hard-wiring the cam though.

Quote:

They come on when you turn off and then after you open the doors. Even when you unlock the car the cabin lamps turn on and then turn off after a while.
Umm, what I meant was: let's say I shut down the engine
Scenario 1: cabin lamps turn on the moment I shut down the engine
Scenario 2: they will come on only if and when I open the door (not immediately after I shut the engine)

Are the cabin lamps linked to shutting of the engine, or unlocking, or opening of the doors?

Just curious; I'd like them to come on as soon as I've turned off the engine.

What a Dog can do to your car

I have had dogs in the past and have no disliking towards them. But I learnt how wild they can be in spite of being domesticated thousands of years . I had parked my Ecosport overnight in middle of the coffee estate and the German shepherd that guards the estate was unhappy that day with some wild animal going inside my Engine Bay.

So it lasted for an hour or two is what i heard from my friend who could hear the noise. I came out early morning and this is what i see

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_065330.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_065337.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070858.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070904.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070910.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070918.jpg

I have given the vehicle to the service center today, it looks like

1. a complete bumper change
2. entire bonnet repaint.
3. Head Lamp cleaning/scratch removal
4. Scratch removal from front doors(very minor)
5. Ford Logo
6. Chrome strip replacement in the front( one piece out of 3 )

My worries were not on the cost or the ordeal, but the repainting will not be as good as what Ford does :Frustrati

I just recieved an email from ford india, that my ecosport's service is due on 14/10/2017. I got my last service done in February 2017, 20000km. It was 8 months back, is'nt the service interval for ecosport 1 year. Then why is ford india telling me that the service is due, after 8 months. My car has completed around 28000km, i was thinking of getting it serviced, at 30000km only. Which may take it beyond 14/10/2017.
Another suggestion needed, regarding extended warrenty. I did'nt opt for it during the purchase, in December 2015, should I go for it now? I intend to keep it for 2-3 years more with me. I know there is a separate thread on this, but i just want to know from the experience of the ecosport owners, so posted it here. Please advise.

Got a call from the dealer who informs massive discounts are being offered. He quoted a number which I thought was unbelievable. Incredible deals on old cars and loyalty bonus, etc. With this aggression they will definitely clear all stocks in 3 days. The New Ford Ecosport can easily be missed on the streets. Looks the same. If we had not picked up a new car would be really compelled now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Self Driven (Post 4279852)
What a Dog can do to your car

So sorry to see that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4279770)
Oh. I generally take the charger out each time I step out of the car but risk the socket to get damaged from constant use.

Not too fond of hard-wiring the cam though.

Yeah, me too. I so wish there were two sockets. The current one which is always on - helps to charge the phone etc. even when the car is locked. It's so useful. And another one which is connected to ACC for dash cam etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4279770)
Are the cabin lamps linked to shutting of the engine, or unlocking, or opening of the doors?

Cabin lights always come on right after shutting the engine off.

And all lights (cabin, parks, puddle) come on after opening a door or the boot or when the car is unlocked.

This is how it is in the Fiesta and it is the same for EcoSport. I took a bit of time to get used to all that lighting initially but now I wonder why most other cars are so dark. :)