Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-805.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny121 (Post 4855980)
Mine is November 2019 Titanium Diesel Manual and to answer you honestly after driving 7000kms I would say the clutch is a bit hard in high density city traffic due to frequent shift and otherwise once you touch the highways then the driving pleasure takes over and you will refuse to stop. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the ownership after coming from owning and driving petrol vehicles and my experience of doing few long distance trips.

Thank you for your valuable insight. I think he will fine with a little heavy clutch, as long as it's not super heavy and makes him go for left knee replacement in a few years time.

https://youtu.be/bQ5zNdTmPIs?t=87

Found this on youtube. I know that EcoSport has an impressive water wading capacity, but doing something like this is plain stupid. At one point I think the car was almost floating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriage.retorq (Post 4859259)
Found this on youtube. I know that EcoSport has an impressive water wading capacity, but doing something like this is plain stupid. At one point I think the car was almost floating.

This idiot has really good luck; it wouldn't have been surprising if the car stalled and had a hydro-lock. The water seems to have been on the hood level so good chance it only very narrowly missed the air intake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4853695)
My son is considering buying diesel Ecosports S variant. Our only area of concern is the hard clutch issue being reported by some owners. So need existing owners' insight if this issue is big/serious enough for him to not consider this? For easy reference, he has been driving petrol Grand i10 manual and petrol VW Vento manual for last 5 years.

Thank you!

From my personal experience, the hard and heavy clutch issue is very much still present. Yes, of course in a new car, the clutch will seem light and easy to operate, but as you pile on the kilometers, the clutch will definitely get hard. To re-confirm this fact, I did test drives on three different vehicles around a year back, with 11,000 kms, 9000 kms and 14,000 kms (approximate numbers, from my recollection) on the clock respectively, and all three had hard/heavy clutches which were not easy on my left knee.

I have driven petrol cars all my driving life, and thus for me, the heaviness of the clutch was a deal breaker, especially in Bangalore city traffic conditions. If your running is in sparse traffic, or highways, then it might be easier to live with. I rejected the Ecosport both for the hard clutch as well as the bouncy suspension. Otherwise, the car ticked most boxes for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriage.retorq (Post 4859259)

Such type of heroism can be fatal. The depth of the water is not known and we have seen underbidges where even buses drown like toys. Thank God these guys are alive.

Today, after 5.5 years, my ES's original battery finally gave up the ghost. I've just replaced it with an Amaron 45Ah, but now my AC's climate control button is not working properly - it turns the fan ON and resets the air flow to re-circulation mode, but does not turn ON the AC. I tried from 24°C to LO, the fan blower speed increases with lower temperature setting, but AC doesn't switch ON. However, switching the AC button ON/OFF manually works.

Climate control button was working fine before the battery swap.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue? Is my new battery at fault, or did some AC component/sensor break during the battery swap?

please:

While running errands in the city last week, the a/c stopped cooling mid-way and soon, I got the engine overheating symbol on the dash. Stopped the car and checked the engine bay; there was enough coolant but the fan wasn't coming on.

I have 5th year Warranty so the fan was replaced without charge (cost is 7.5k). Surprising that the fan conked off at four years/38k kms.

I gave my car for 60k service at Suryabala Ford, CBE. The advisor had informed that the radiator fan is giving more noise as the bearing is weak.

There is no child spare available and need to change the entire fan assembly which is 7.7k. Understood that the electrical motor (attached to the fan leaf) is supplied by Indrad and exploring if it is available as an individual spare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 4862860)
The advisor had informed that the radiator fan is giving more noise as the bearing is weak.

My post directly below yours highlights this. Apparently, the bearing being weak = making a noise = having play are the first signs of imminent failure. I'd suggest get it replaced asap. Failure means engine overheating and possible subsequent damage.

If your car is anywhere less than five years old, you may want to buy warranty and then claim the replacement under it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4853695)
Hello everyone,

My son is considering buying diesel Ecosports S variant. Our only area of concern is the hard clutch issue being reported by some owners. So need existing owners' insight if this issue is big/serious enough for him to not consider this? For easy reference, he has been driving petrol Grand i10 manual and petrol VW Vento manual for last 5 years.

Thank you!

I've been driving a 2018 diesel S and after 2yrs & 25k km the clutch feels the same as when it was new. It is not super light but not hard either. I would say if you have driven diesels earlier, it's not a deal breaker.

How did he find it during the test drive ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4862546)
While running errands in the city last week, the a/c stopped cooling mid-way and soon, I got the engine overheating symbol on the dash. Stopped the car and checked the engine bay; there was enough coolant but the fan wasn't coming on.

I have 5th year Warranty so the fan was replaced without charge (cost is 7.5k). Surprising that the fan conked off at four years/38k kms.

Similar thing happened with me as well. And the radiator fan was culprit. Mine was also replaced under 4th year extended warranty. It lasted 3 and half years/ 53k kms. Going by the recent posts, it seems radiator fan premature failure is a common sight in ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 4862906)
I've been driving a 2018 diesel S and after 2yrs & 25k km the clutch feels the same as when it was new. It is not super light but not hard either. I would say if you have driven diesels earlier, it's not a deal breaker.

How did he find it during the test drive ?

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

My son ABSOLUTELY loves the S variant. He didn't find the clutch too heavy during TD but yes, he did express his concerns over it. One of his colleagues owns the same car and he often complains of knee pain after driving it in traffic. My son wants diesel but there is no diesel AT in his budget (Upto 14 lacs OTR). AMTs aren't going to be considered. Kia might get his business as long as they price it right. If not, diesel Ecosport S is for him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4862546)

First isolate if it's the fan itself or the system that triggers the fan to function that is at fault.

Powering the fan directly via battery terminals will confirm if fan itself is working or not. If working, then you need to check the related fuses and relays.

Fans are too simple electrical devices to conk off just like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4864013)
First isolate if it's the fan itself or the system that triggers the fan to function that is at fault.

At a friend's (BHPian) garage, did a detailed analysis: checking the fuse, powering the fan directly via the battery, and ensuring the fan terminals were receiving power. Once it was clear the fan had conked off, got it replaced at A.S.S. since it was covered under warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4864022)
At a friend's (BHPian) garage, did a detailed analysis: checking the fuse, powering the fan directly via the battery, and ensuring the fan terminals were receiving power. Once it was clear the fan had conked off, got it replaced at A.S.S. since it was covered under warranty.

Thanks but since you had not mentioned about this diagnosis and troubleshooting in your post earlier and it seemed to me that you replaced the fan directly. Hence, I obviously pitched in.

Needless to say, the fan conked off with just 38K on the Odo.