Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-798.html)

All,

I was looking to purchase 1.5 Titanium Plus Petrol version, but I find many of the features were removed and most disappointing was the SYNC 3 is no longer available in Titanium Plus or even in AT version.

I am wondering if I could have this fixed as part of the current version of Titanium plus variant with additional cost?

The reason for purchase now is to make good use of the current discounts available, but not at the cost of some very good features such as SYNC3 which is so unique.

Can any experts here please suggest ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spr1ngleo (Post 4687144)
Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year is available, but I did not go for it, is it worth?

Extended Warranty is always worth it, no matter which car. I prefer having the maximum possible cover.

Need help
I have 2016 December AT model. My iPhone XR is not connecting with Sync. My earlier iPhone 5s used to work very well.
Pl help me how to fix this.
Thanks

I had a loss of cooling in my car recently. At the workshop they found a leak in the AC pipe supposedly caused by rubbing of another pipe which caused the aluminum AC pipe to soften with the heat and develop a hole.
It looks like a design fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 4691819)
I had a loss of cooling in my car recently. At the workshop they found a leak in the AC pipe supposedly caused by rubbing of another pipe which caused the aluminum AC pipe to soften with the heat and develop a hole.

Did you have any kind of front impact at slower speeds?
I had the same issue during my early days of ownership, but mine was due to a dog hit. It was a slow speed impact, there were no scratches or damage to the front bumper except for the broken number plate. But the impact has moved the AC pipe backwards which started rubbing against another pipe causing it develop a hole and lose all refrigerant. I noticed the issue only after loss of cooling.

Quote:

Unless you had any kind of accident / part rearrangements for accessory fitments etc. - this has to be a design / manufacturing defect. I'm thinking manufacturing issue in this particular unit as design issue would have resulted in this being reported in huge numbers. The car isn't new in market anymore.

Quite wicked to look at though! The pipe has simply deformed & moved aside. Clean as if its by design & not developed with wear and tear! Remarkable. Thanks for sharing the image. Now that's one I surely will remember for life.

Guys I have a 2014 EcoSport TDCi which has a gear oil leakage for the second time. First one was at 61k kms which was fixed with clutch replacement job. Now my car is at 80k kms. I asked FORD and the dealership to fix it and they cleanly washed their hands saying they provide 6 months warranty to repair jobs and this is more than 1.5 years old.

Has anyone else faced this issue.. I just want to ensure that I'm not missing anything and want to get this fixed once n for all. Attached images for references

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20180130_094525185.jpg

Quote:

I noticed the same issue as the tube was touching some other part and making noise which I brought to their notice in my second service I guess, they just pushed it with bare hands and it was sorted

After 46000 kms and 4 years, the clutch of my Ecosport TDCi suddenly feels slightly hard. The service center has advised clutch overhaul and have quoted approx Rs 13500. Right now the pain is limited to the sole of the foot. I went through various posts on this forum which indicated a) Ford TDCi usually has a hard clutch. b) Certain changes in the driving style should be enough. Just wanted to check with the owners on their experience with this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpkbehera (Post 4698308)
After 46000 kms and 4 years, the clutch of my Ecosport TDCi suddenly feels slightly hard. The service center has advised clutch overhaul and have quoted approx Rs 13500. Right now the pain is limited to the sole of the foot. I went through various posts on this forum which indicated a) Ford TDCi usually has a hard clutch. b) Certain changes in the driving style should be enough. Just wanted to check with the owners on their experience with this issue.

Just do clutch bleeding and change your driving posture. Ford clutches are hard.

Quote:

agree: Mine is a 6 years old with 48k on the Odo but the clutch was changed 2 years back at 35k.
But unfortunately it seems the same hard clutch again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4698373)
Just do clutch bleeding and change your driving posture. Ford clutches are hard.

The Ford SA did not suggest this. There is a high probability that he may recommended clutch replacement rather than clutch bleeding. What is your experience post clutch bleeding and what was the approx cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpkbehera (Post 4698381)
The Ford SA did not suggest this. There is a high probability that he may recommended clutch replacement rather than clutch bleeding. What is your experience post clutch bleeding and what was the approx cost?

I got it done for free :D

It stays good for few thousand kms but then that's how Ford is. You can try to pull your seat behind and avoid clutch driving. May be learn to keep the left foot down when not using it.

These are my assumptions but if the clutch plate has burnt then you need to replace. But 13k? I am not sure if that is the correct price. Ask around and if you get someone here to give you details about the cost.

BHPians, what is the normal oil consumption you've noticed on your 1.5 diesels?
Please reply with current ODO reading and how much oil is consumed between oil changes and whether you top it up or not.

For example, mine is 41k kms and the oil level goes down to this point after around 6-7k kms. I topped it up last time, this time I'll just go ahead and get the oil changed.

Quote:

I just checked the ford genuine accessories website, the clutch overhaul for diesel is 10909 inclusive of labor in TN. Fords entire strategy this time around of affordable service and spares revolvers around the promise that they wont charge a single rupee over the asking price on the website so maybe take it up with the ASS.

https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/