Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-305.html)

Dear Team BHP members,

I too drove home my Diesel Titanium Ecosport just now.
Still waiting to hear from any Hams in the T-BHP forum who have fixed a VHF base station in an Ecosport.
Got mud flaps from Ebay as recommended by a member. Thanks indeed for that post.
Attaching a few pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndinesh (Post 3257597)
I checked in my Tit Ecoboost and it works. Thanks PrideRed for pointing it. I feel this is a feature that has come out inadvertently from Ford as they have not mentioned about it anywhere in manuals. Also there is no explanation why 2 clicks are needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3257604)
Yes I too feel it has come out inadvertently, as rightly brought out by you it is not mentioned anywhere in brochure or the manual. Even the SA and showroom guys didn't know about it when I asked them about it. ;-)

This feature (with 2 clicks) is available in the Ford Figo and its no surprise that it appears on the Ecosport. Its a very handy feature to have while loading.
The SA's don't know most of the features that are hidden from plain view. For example while test driving the New Fiesta, I had the opportunity to show the SA the storage space underneath the passenger seat.

Sales Figure are as below..

Looks like "Not so new Scorpio" too defeats its rival Duster in the month of July, Aug & Sep 13

ES sales (Delivery) is increasing slowly. Hoping for the faster delivery. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 3234439)
I have booked the Trend Diesel - Mars Red. I got the confirmation call around the third week of July.

Hi Jude, any updates on your delivery? I see people who have booked Trend 1.5D in the month of July are getting it delivered by now. Though not sure of Mars Red. If not delivered, I would suggest you to pressurize the dealer.

Cancelled the Ecosport TDCi booking finally last week. After multiple calls and heated phone conversations with Metro Ford - got the cheque for the booking amount back.

Guess what - got the entire 50,000 back with no cancellation charges. Just so relived :Cheering: I am not sure if Metro Ford is trying to be nice or something but there was no word of the cancellation charges!! Maybe during the heated discussion I said I am a Team-BHP member - it could have played the trick I suppose :D

Hi,

A doubt about Microsoft Sync on Ecosport. Can Sygic Navigation audio be routed through Sync? Certainly not with this version, but can there be a Version update from Microsoft? On the Microsoft Sync Ford webpage, I did notice Sygic app sync but for vehicles like Explorer and Mustang.

Thanks

I am of the view that Ford never intended the remote boot opening feature in domestic models. However, with the problems ford is facing with sourcing of its various modules, i feel they have just started shipping domestic models with the export modules (which i assume are better planned and forecast)

Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreak (Post 3257604)
Yes I too feel it has come out inadvertently, as rightly brought out by you it is not mentioned anywhere in brochure or the manual. Even the SA and showroom guys didn't know about it when I asked them about it. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto-Mariner (Post 3257918)
I am of the view that Ford never intended the remote boot opening feature in domestic models. However, with the problems ford is facing with sourcing of its various modules, i feel they have just started shipping domestic models with the export modules (which i assume are better planned and forecast)

Yes may be you are right, but DUMB marketing practice I say the least. If at all they are giving it they might as well have advertised it and garnered another brownie point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3257302)
Sporty pedals - I suspect you have reasonable/heavy rains in Guwahati, so please consider whether you'd prefer the superior grip of the standard pedals with wet shoes, or the looks of the sporty pedals. While the sporty pedals does have rubber circles in it, the grip of those will not match up (IMHO) to standard rubber pedals. I originally wanted to fit sporty pedals, but Ford didn't have stock at that time. Since then, I've reconsidered my decision and decided not to go in for those.

My personal experience has been that the sporty pedals offer more grip than the stock ones. The stock pedal has just groves, but the sporty pedal's cylindrical stubs protrude out, and maybe that prevents the shoe from slipping off the pedal in wet conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vu2pmc (Post 3257861)
A doubt about Microsoft Sync on Ecosport. Can Sygic Navigation audio be routed through Sync? Certainly not with this version, but can there be a Version update from Microsoft? On the Microsoft Sync Ford webpage, I did notice Sygic app sync but for vehicles like Explorer and Mustang.

After your phone connects through bluetooth, ask sync to play through bluetooth audio. Now, any audio put out by any app (music, youtube, maps etc - except for calls / sms) is audible from the car speakers. I haven't specifically tried this with the sygic app, but I'm sure that's how it will work.

Now, if you want music from USB and directions from phone simultaneously heard on car speakers, I don't think that can be done. Actually, I prefer using the phone's speaker for directions - the car's NVH is so low that you have no problem hearing directions from the phone's speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndinesh (Post 3257597)

I checked in my Tit Ecoboost and it works. Thanks PrideRed for pointing it. I feel this is a feature that has come out inadvertently from Ford as they have not mentioned about it anywhere in manuals. Also there is no explanation why 2 clicks are needed.

Hi , this feature is there in my 4 year old Fiesta sxi. The SA was aware of it then. You may accidentally press it once , to avoid that you need to press it twice

Quote:

Originally Posted by amolathalye (Post 3258014)
Hi , this feature is there in my 4 year old Fiesta sxi. The SA was aware of it then. You may accidentally press it once , to avoid that you need to press it twice

Hey guys this feature of boot open from the remote is extremely useful at the mall security checks as it works with the engine on too,all you have to do is unlock the car with the button on dash and press boot release twice , the boot pops open .

No more explaining the security about the tailgate handle and the way to open the bootclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3258037)
Hey guys this feature of boot open from the remote is extremely useful at the mall security checks as it works with the engine on too,all you have to do is unlock the car with the button on dash and press boot release twice , the boot pops open .

No more explaining the security about the tailgate handle and the way to open the bootclap:

I was initially quite worried about the mall security not knowing how to open the boot. But to my surprise at all the 5 different malls that I have visited till date they have been aware of the boot release button. Yep a good feature to have sadly the AT does not have the same key remote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3258042)
I was initially quite worried about the mall security not knowing how to open the boot. But to my surprise at all the 5 different malls that I have visited till date they have been aware of the boot release button. Yep a good feature to have sadly the AT does not have the same key remote.

You are right some guys know it and some dont, as mine was delivered in june there were lot of people who didnt know about it.But now with the number of vehicles increasing the security is more aware of how to open it.

Anyways the feature is very useful

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkk_84 (Post 3257790)
Hi Jude, any updates on your delivery? I see people who have booked Trend 1.5D in the month of July are getting it delivered by now. Though not sure of Mars Red. If not delivered, I would suggest you to pressurize the dealer.

Yes. I hear that too buddy. Just back from the dealer Chennai Ford. Since it was sunday only a few SAs were around and from one of them came to know that the months allocation should reach in a couple of days and should have the cars in ten days. When I went there last time they said that they will deliver my car by 24th of this month. Will be going there again tomorrow just to remind them on the promise that they made.

Saw 2 cars of Trend variant (Mars Red and Sea Grey), 1 White Titanium, 1 Segrey Titanium + variant and a Sea Grey Ambient variant there which were almost ready for delivery.

If there is anyone who has booked Ecosport from Chennai Ford and have been promised delivery this month please provide the information that you may have here so that we know that they are not fooling around.please:

Hi,

Thanks for the info. When you wrote ask synch to play through bluetooth audio, did you mean, I just speak the voice command, " play through bluetooth audio" ?

If that were to happen so, you say all audio app except calls/sms is audible from car speakers. So, what happens to your calls?

I am not keen on Audio from USB and Sygic Navigation to be heard simultaneously.

Anyways, I will cross check and report.

Thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisrujan (Post 3257943)
My personal experience has been that the sporty pedals offer more grip than the stock ones. The stock pedal has just groves, but the sporty pedal's cylindrical stubs protrude out, and maybe that prevents the shoe from slipping off the pedal in wet conditions.

After your phone connects through bluetooth, ask sync to play through bluetooth audio. Now, any audio put out by any app (music, youtube, maps etc - except for calls / sms) is audible from the car speakers. I haven't specifically tried this with the sygic app, but I'm sure that's how it will work.

Now, if you want music from USB and directions from phone simultaneously heard on car speakers, I don't think that can be done. Actually, I prefer using the phone's speaker for directions - the car's NVH is so low that you have no problem hearing directions from the phone's speakers.