Team-BHP - Nissan Terrano : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Nissan Terrano : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/142751-nissan-terrano-official-review-51.html)

This is for the 110 BHP Terrano users on this forum.

I have been driving one for six months now. Right from the beginning I have had this query about the behaviour of its clutch. There is a kickback/jerk in the car if I let go of the clutch anytime sooner than absolutely at the precise time. This is while slowing down on a hump, while climbing down a ramp, in very slow moving traffic and not necessarily after shifting gears.

Any thoughts on this or is it just the heavy clutch of the Terrano?

Mods, please move to the appropriate thread if this question is off topic here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 4178942)
This is for the 110 BHP Terrano users on this forum.

I have been driving one for six months now. Right from the beginning I have had this query about the behaviour of its clutch.......

I have not seen this issue in my 110 PS Terrano any time (now @ 23,000 kms). I also did not feel that clutch was exceptionally heavy compared to Ford Fiesta that I was driving before. Found Terrano overall a perfect car with exceptional ride quality.

May be you should get it checked with SA.

Guys, my dad noticed a sudden loss of power yesterday and found that this part tied with a string came loose. He tied it as a temporary measure. It looks like this hose is going back to the turbo.

Any idea what this part is? A couple of warning lights for glow plug and check engine also came up on the dashboard.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20170425wa0009.jpeg

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20170425wa0006.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 4188762)
Guys, my dad noticed a sudden loss of power yesterday and found that this part tied with a string came loose. He tied it as a temporary measure. It looks like this hose is going back to the turbo.

Any idea what this part is? A couple of warning lights for glow plug and check engine also came up on the dashboard.

Attachment 1632951

Attachment 1632952

Found from the part number that it's the MAP sensor.
But how can it just conk off!! My Dad forwarded a pic to the service advisor and he replied saying something must've hit it. How can something hit and break off something like this which is inside the engine bay? It looks as if it melted.
Also can someone post a pic of a 2016 Terrano engine bay? I've noticed that the engine bay has changed quite a bit from the 2013 model. My Dad's car doesn't have an engine cover and the MAF sensor is also different.
Can we have this replaced in warranty?
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-img20170425wa0021.jpg

I came this morning for the 2nd service and they're surprised that it came off like that. I showed them that the part on the 2017 Terrano also is like this.
I'm surprised that it's held with a sort of plastic film as a stopper.
It looks as if the heat has melted it in our car.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-20170426_091241.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 4189135)
I came this morning for the 2nd service and they're surprised that it came off like that. I showed them that the part on the 2017 Terrano also is like this.

Attachment 1633422

Hi,

Did you get the problem fixed? Or any further updates?

Got driven around town in a Terrano late last night. My goodness, what astounding ride quality clap:clap:! It honestly felt like the BMC has improved Bombay's road quality overnight.

The last SUV / Crossover I drove was the Compass, and the Terrano / Duster completely blow it away in the area of ride comfort. There is no comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4246854)
Got driven around town in a Terrano late last night. My goodness, what astounding ride quality clap:clap:! It honestly felt like the BMC has improved Bombay's road quality overnight.

The last SUV / Crossover I drove was the Compass, and the Terrano / Duster completely blow it away in the area of ride comfort. There is no comparison.

I agree with you regarding the ride quality. It feels like you are driving over a carpeted road. My experience has only been limited to the Duster but I guess the Terrano is going to be identical. What I don't like is the body roll. There is too much movement of the cabin and I always get a bit motion sick in the Duster even in the front seats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 4189135)

Attachment 1633422

When I first wrote about the poor quality of the parts in its cousin in 2016, it was not taken sportively. From your pictures, I see that you own an 85PS Terrano which has the same quality levels as its cousin. The dealers are helpless as focus on quality is not a priority for some manufacturers in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalin1 (Post 4191887)
Hi,

Did you get the problem fixed? Or any further updates?

I'm sorry for the delay. I traveled back and so couldn't get any pics and my Dad was too busy to send any :)
Yeah, finally after a week of waiting a new part arrived and they fitted it. My Dad was saying that this is different from the earlier one. The earlier one looked as if it's welded i.e some sort of plastic-welding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 4247174)
When I first wrote about the poor quality of the parts in its cousin in 2016, it was not taken sportively. From your pictures, I see that you own an 85PS Terrano which has the same quality levels as its cousin. The dealers are helpless as focus on quality is not a priority for some manufacturers in India.

Yeah, it's a 85PS. It's sort of surprising that such critical parts are maintained like this.

Guys, need help! My Terrano 85ps is about three-and-a-half years old and done 76000km. Since I did 50K service I have been struggling with gear shift issues. Initially, it was about shifting to second from first, second to third, and engaging the reverse gear. At 60K, service engineers at Shahwar Nissan in Bangalore recommended (were not sure though) replacement of gear kit. Since one wasn't available, replacement didn't happen. During 70K service, I got the gear kit replaced under warranty. But things didn't improve and I took the car back to the service centre after about 2K more. This time they came to the conclusion that the problem could be with the clutch. So, I got that replaced. This time I had to pay. Anyway, all were of the opinion that clutches wear out fast in bumper-to-bumper traffic and 70k is not too early to go for clutch replacement. But, unfortunately, problem persists. Now, it's more about shifting to first from neutral and first to second. There are times when I have to really strugle to engage first gear. Any thoughts? I'm sure service engineers here are clueless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirren07 (Post 4249993)
I'm sure service engineers here are clueless.

It is a shocker that service engineers at Shahwar Nissan are clueless. i found them pretty knowledgeable. Try contacting the technician, Kamal, over there. He is very experienced and knows these machines inside out.

They have a checkup camp running from the 17th to 24th of August during which there is a complete check up, wash, gifts, discounts etc. Maybe you can visit them and get this sorted during this period.

Went to take a look at the terrano yesterday. No amt test drive vehicle was available. They don't have on at all it seems. The seating was really good. Thats basically all i got to understand. Did not feel like testing the manual one. The red color looked good infact.

The OTR at Hyderabad is 17.10 with insurance free right now. Waiting period is 3 weeks and they said they would call me today with the best possible offers. Yet to get a call. Will keep you posted, below are some pics!

I have a question for existing owners..Ive been looking at the terrano and on paper it has all the features I want (Abs EBD,7" screen etc) which are only available on the higher model of the captur...but Im very wary that nissan has only been selling 200 terranos or so per month (as per the team BHP monthly sales reports) and the micra sales have also never been very strong. So did you guys have any reservations about the company and dealers going the fiat/GM way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bik1906 (Post 4313270)
I have a question for existing owners.

I never felt any reservations in more than a year of experiencing their services :).

Looks like they are quite serious in capturing a bigger share in India and from their interactions, services and responses, looks like they are going nowhere for some time to come :thumbs up.