Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2014, 20:27   #1636
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I called up my SA and initially he said that it should come by mail. I then mentioned that few of my friends got at time of delivery and then he said he'll check and get back. I checked all my documents again and not a single one for Road Side Assistance or Extended Warranty
Spoke to the SA @Dakshin Honda on this and he checked up and said that these have not been dispatched to anyone who bought from DH so far. He said they would send it out by mail in the next couple of days. So we should expect to receive it by postal mail as you have called out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Talked to SA. He said white city is expected by end of month. Red and silver are readily available. But then heart wants what the heart wants.
Totally agree, its not everyday that we buy a 10L+ car.

Quote:
Still undecided which tyres to change on delivery. Highly confused between XM2 and Primacy 3st. Suggestions from people already using both will be helpful.
I guess we have a good report on the mileage statistics of the XM2 on the forum since many have gone for it. Not sure if we have anyone with a P3ST and i-DTEC combination who can report on the mileage? From reports so far on the P3ST, the durability seems to be good.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th April 2014 at 20:32.
Old 15th April 2014, 20:51   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Still undecided which tyres to change on delivery. Highly confused between XM2 and Primacy 3st. Suggestions from people already using both will be helpful.
I believe both are very good tyres and it all depends on your requirements. PM nikhilb2008 and based on your requirements/usage pattern, he'll give an unbiased suggestion.

I'm on P3ST and very happy with the tyres. They are super silent and the extra comfort can be felt even in city driving. There may be a marginal impact on FE but i'll let Nikhil comment on that.
Old 15th April 2014, 21:04   #1638
BHPian

Was surprised to receive a courier from Honda today with a thank you note from Honda India CEO thanking to make City a huge success alongwith a Honda original key chain. Wanted to upload a pic here on the Team bhp iOS app, but the app wouldn't allow me (permission issue??) Any one here who got a similar communication?
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 21:43   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I believe both are very good tyres and it all depends on your requirements. PM nikhilb2008 and based on your requirements/usage pattern, he'll give an unbiased suggestion.

I'm on P3ST and very happy with the tyres. They are super silent and the extra comfort can be felt even in city driving. There may be a marginal impact on FE but i'll let Nikhil comment on that.
+1
I'm on Primacy 3ST and have done 1000+ Kms. They are absolutely silent and I am not sure on the impact on FE. I am getting a healthy 12.5 Kms in city driving conditions mostly B2b traffic.

Neel: Did you get a chance to check on the bearing noise? I am still waiting to hear from the SA on the spare part. He has no clue and informs me that it's not available in honda's stock and the order is in back log state.

The other problem I am facing is the engine knocking sound. It's very disturbing!! I am suspecting knocking sensor to be the culprit. Do you have any similar issues?

P.S: It's a ivtec VMT.
Old 15th April 2014, 22:00   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
+1
I'm on Primacy 3ST and have done 1000+ Kms. They are absolutely silent and I am not sure on the impact on FE. I am getting a healthy 12.5 Kms in city driving conditions mostly B2b traffic.

Neel: Did you get a chance to check on the bearing noise? I am still waiting to hear from the SA on the spare part. He has no clue and informs me that it's not available in honda's stock and the order is in back log state.

The other problem I am facing is the engine knocking sound. It's very disturbing!! I am suspecting knocking sensor to be the culprit. Do you have any similar issues?

P.S: It's a ivtec VMT.
I was planning to bring it up during the 1000km service along with other list of items (minor things/clarifications). Did you go over the sound file that I uploaded? I just wanted to check if it's the same sound you are experiencing. Again, with windows rolled up, I cannot hear the sound.

Can you elaborate on the engine knocking sound? I'm not sure what it means and what it would sound like. Also, are you experiencing it while driving or also in park/neutral mode and with AC on/off?
Old 15th April 2014, 22:33   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Spoke to the SA @Dakshin Honda on this and he checked up and said that these have not been dispatched to anyone who bought from DH so far. He said they would send it out by mail in the next couple of days. So we should expect to receive it by postal mail as you have called out.
I got mine on the day of delivery from Magnum Honda. It is an extended warranty printout with Honda Logo with the VIN number mentioned. Not sure why DH should take so long to generate.
Old 15th April 2014, 23:53   #1642

Hello All,

Finally after a wait of 3 and half month, lot of petrol vs diesel debate and City Vs Verna debate got my Honda City IVTEC VMT Silver today. The delivery was smooth and the ODO read just 7 Km when I took over!! Thanks to Team BHP ran through the PDI checklist mentioned and everything was in order. Got all documents including, extended warranty (only got the certificate) and RSA (got the booklet). The drive was good but since it was late evening got the worst traffic for a first day of new car drive. The ride was extremely smooth and joy to cruise. The only 'not so great' thing was that the music kept pausing for 2-5 seconds every 2 minutes, perhaps since the pen drive was 8 gb, but definitely look into this on the weekend. I propose to right a detailed ownership review in the next 15 days once I clock around 500 Kms.

But all said and done the feeling is just overwhelming.!!
Old 16th April 2014, 10:40   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to bring it up during the 1000km service along with other list of items (minor things/clarifications). Did you go over the sound file that I uploaded? I just wanted to check if it's the same sound you are experiencing. Again, with windows rolled up, I cannot hear the sound.

Can you elaborate on the engine knocking sound? I'm not sure what it means and what it would sound like. Also, are you experiencing it while driving or also in park/neutral mode and with AC on/off?
Yes, I heard the sound file and its the same sound. It grows louder with time and would be audible in cabin. I have checked third generation Honda City and could not find this issue there. Anyone else on this thread is experiencing the same?

The knocking sound comes once you drive your car on in correct gear ratios, I think which is common with every car. But it stays even after you move on to the right ratios.

To test this issue, I drove the car on Third gear and fourth gear at lower speeds/rpm (30 kmph and between 900-1500 rpm) on empty roads . I could immediately hear the knocking sound coming from the left side of the engine bay. And after moving to higher speeds/rpm the sound stays back is pretty much evident.

I am not sure if it is common with all the 4th Gen iVTECs.
Old 16th April 2014, 11:12   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Was surprised to receive a courier from Honda today with a thank you note from Honda India CEO thanking to make City a huge success alongwith a Honda original key chain. Wanted to upload a pic here on the Team bhp iOS app, but the app wouldn't allow me (permission issue??) Any one here who got a similar communication?
Cool I hope they send it to all Owners of the 4th Gen City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I got mine on the day of delivery from Magnum Honda. It is an extended warranty printout with Honda Logo with the VIN number mentioned. Not sure why DH should take so long to generate.
This is something I realized after I did a pre-booking with Dakshin that Magnum Honda has won several awards for their Sales and After Sales Support. I have switched to Magnum Honda for my Car Service and happy with them. They already re-painted the number plate to read "Magnum Honda"
Old 16th April 2014, 11:55   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

This is something I realized after I did a pre-booking with Dakshin that Magnum Honda has won several awards for their Sales and After Sales Support. I have switched to Magnum Honda for my Car Service and happy with them. They already re-painted the number plate to read "Magnum Honda"
Completely agree. The sales standards at Magnum very much higher compared to the other dealerships. I have been to every Honda dealer in Bangalore and none compared even close. They were a pleasure to deal with and this behavior reflected across everyone at the showroom, the sales, service, old car exchange, accessories, even the watchman. And for my old car they paid the highest - 20K higher than any other dealer had quoted. Their transparent and straight forward dealing that wins you over.
Old 16th April 2014, 13:08   #1646
BHPian

I just received my RC card. Received it in about 3.5 weeks. My SA hasn't got back with respect to the extended warranty letter or the Road Side Assistance book. I'll check with him again on this.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140416-12.48.15.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Yes, I heard the sound file and its the same sound. It grows louder with time and would be audible in cabin. I have checked third generation Honda City and could not find this issue there. Anyone else on this thread is experiencing the same?

The knocking sound comes once you drive your car on in correct gear ratios, I think which is common with every car. But it stays even after you move on to the right ratios.

To test this issue, I drove the car on Third gear and fourth gear at lower speeds/rpm (30 kmph and between 900-1500 rpm) on empty roads . I could immediately hear the knocking sound coming from the left side of the engine bay. And after moving to higher speeds/rpm the sound stays back is pretty much evident.

I am not sure if it is common with all the 4th Gen iVTECs.
Till now, I do not hear the grinding noise inside the cabin at all. When I'm near the bonnet, I hear it and it is intense when I open the bonnet. Can other Petrol owners share what they are seeing.

Regarding the engine knocking, I am not experiencing any such noise. Mine is CVT so most of the time it is in the desired gear ratio but even when I'm pushing the pedal a bit hard, so far atleast I've not experienced this noise.
Old 16th April 2014, 13:39   #1647
BHPian

Quote:

Till now, I do not hear the grinding noise inside the cabin at all. When I'm near the bonnet, I hear it and it is intense when I open the bonnet. Can other Petrol owners share what they are seeing.
Initially I had the same experience. But, for the past 2 weeks I am able to hear it in inside the cabin after driving 20 odd kms at a stretch.

I am waiting for the replacement of the bearing and hoping that this issue will resolve with that!
Old 16th April 2014, 19:04   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
For getting the NCB bonus transferred to new car, I saw the process, but is it required that I sell the old car first and then ask for it? In Hyderabad, do we get high security number plates? Any idea how much does it cost to get preferred number like 1213 etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I had the same query in mind.

I did some reading around and understand that one can sell old car after buying the new car and then transfer the NCB to the new car during the insurance renewal of the new car after 1 year.
In this case, if I have 50% NCB from old car, will I get 50% discount on the Insurance premium during insurance renewal of Honda City?
Yes, It is required to sell the car first retaining the insurance and then obtain the documents from RTO related to transfer of car to new owner.

Find enclosed the Step By Step Process that I followed to get the NCB from Honda Assure : URL
Old 16th April 2014, 19:10   #1649

Is there anyone in Delhi, Gurgaon (I stay in South Delhi-Saket) who can recommend a good after market car accessory shop for ANHC- Need seat covers, side body protector, bumper protector? Any lead would be highly appreciated. Also recomendation on any other accessory which I should get in addition to these three...

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 16th April 2014, 23:24   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayrai View Post
Is there anyone in Delhi, Gurgaon (I stay in South Delhi-Saket) who can recommend a good after market car accessory shop for ANHC- Need seat covers, side body protector, bumper protector? Any lead would be highly appreciated. Also recomendation on any other accessory which I should get in addition to these three...

Thanks in anticipation.
A tyre upgrade is a must and you should get it done to 195 sections immediately , there have been very little (if any) drop in mileage after using Michelin XM2s and 3STs as reported by many members of this forum , the improvement in overall ride quality , comfort and grip is substantial and very noticeable , road noise is very low with the 3STs & they look proper too (175 tyres look tiny in a car of this size), if you've got the E , S or SV variant then you might want to consider alloy wheels for the car. [I got Yokohama R1s and 16 inch alloys in my car BTW , went for yokohama because michelins were not available in that size and i wanted 16 inch wheels]

As for a car accessory shop , i'll recommend Motor Concept , Kirti Nagar (i've only heard about their audio installs from friends and they are great in that) , i guess they must be having other accessories you require too. (Give them a call) , i'm planning to visit that place too for audio upgrade in my car and a couple of other accessories (Better Horns (Hella) and Parking sensors (its a real pain to reverse the City otherwise , mine is SV))

Last edited by Rocketscience : 16th April 2014 at 23:26.
Rocketscience is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed