Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-211.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepravi (Post 3576037)
Hello all!

Here is a picture of our steed. The Honda City V MT iVTEC.Attachment 1307012

Looks great. Have a great time. All the very best. Keep us all updated regularly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seran Manian (Post 3576231)
Looks great. Have a great time. All the very best. Keep us all updated regularly.

Sure Mr Seran Manian. Will do. Thank you so much!

Hello everyone. I had booked a Honda City VX Diesel, Urban Titanium in July at Vapi. Was confirmed in writing that I would get delivery in November. Now the sales manager says that this color is not yet available and can be given only in December or January. But he said he was getting a Cernelian Red, which is like Maroon and could give that. Went and checked the car out today. Looks good in that color too and as I decoded the VIN it is November 2014 manufactured!! The dealer said they received it 1 day back. The odo shows just 4kms. So I have confirmed this for delivery in few days.
Now I have some questions
1) I was interested in getting Illuminated Scuff plates from dealer and got a quote of Rs.5,000. But the accessories shop from where I generally buy suggested to put SS scuff plates instead as he said the illuminated ones will not last long. What is the experience of users here?
2) Since I drive regularly on highway I wanted to upgrade the headlights. The accessories shop fellow said that 100W lamps for head beam are available and he also suggested some bulb for the dipper. Said there was no need to put "cut-out". But he also said even then the City beams will not be as good as my current SX4, Any advices?
3) The dealer was also telling me to get leather flooring done for Rs.5,000. Is this worth? The accessories shop fellow also said they can do it.
4) I also checked with a known tyre shop for upgrading to Michellin 3ST 195/60R15 in place of the Stock MRF's that my car has. He has quoted some Rs.6,600 per tyre and is giving back Rs.3,000 for each MRF. Is this deal good?

Looking forward to the replies as I am making the full payment tomorrow and going to take delivery on Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3552051)
Ditto. Mild rattling from the right side of the dashboard area below the windscreen, started at around 10k km. Now the vehicle has done almost 15k km and the vibration has worsened so much that it occurs with the revs, between 1500-2000rpm. Dealer could not fix it at the 10k km service. I see no long term solution to this, dashboard rattles are very hard to set right.

Any update on dashboard rattling issue. My car's dashboard also started rattling.:Frustrati Sound is coming from somewhere in the center, near to ICE. Strange that it started after completing 10k km, just like yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrrooommm (Post 3577235)
Any update on dashboard rattling issue. My car's dashboard also started rattling.:Frustrati Sound is coming from somewhere in the center, near to ICE. Strange that it started after completing 10k km, just like yours.

What can I say, the rattling continues! In my car, it rattles from the right side, from somewhere near the A pillar. Car will go into service sometime this week or the next. But I really doubt that they can perform some magic. Dash rattles are very very hard to fix.

On a related note, the squeaking sound from the back cushion of the rear bench has resurfaced. It had been quiet since they looked into it at the 10k km service a couple of months back. :deadhorse

Rattles and squeaks aside, the car has been doing great. I just returned from a Mumbai trip, averaging over 700km every day. The car has some serious mile munching abilities. You can just drive and drive and not get tired.

Received the Osram NBUs H11 Bulbs today from PowerBulbs - will try fitting it this weekend and provide a report. Is there any article on T-BHP that shows how to change the headlights? Is it Do It Yourself or should I head to the nearest dealer? Thanks in Advance for the guidance :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3577287)
Received the Osram NBUs H11 Bulbs today from PowerBulbs - will try fitting it this weekend and provide a report. Is there any article on T-BHP that shows how to change the headlights? Is it Do It Yourself or should I head to the nearest dealer? Thanks in Advance for the guidance :thumbs up

I am using the same bulbs, HB3 for the high beam, bought from Powerbulbs!

I installed them myself. The procedure for changing the bulbs is mentioned in the manual, complete with pictures to guide you. It hardly takes 10 minutes and all you need is a screwdriver.

Were there any NCAP crash tests done on the India version of the Honda City? I am not sure if the Indian city needs further modifications to meet the new safety norms expected in March 2015. As a potential buyer in early 2015, I will be pissed off if Honda makes significant changes to the car after my purchase to meet the new norms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577223)
Now I have some questions
1) I was interested in getting Illuminated Scuff plates from dealer and got a quote of Rs.5,000. But the accessories shop from where I generally buy suggested to put SS scuff plates instead as he said the illuminated ones will not last long. What is the experience of users here?
2) Since I drive regularly on highway I wanted to upgrade the headlights. The accessories shop fellow said that 100W lamps for head beam are available and he also suggested some bulb for the dipper. Said there was no need to put "cut-out". But he also said even then the City beams will not be as good as my current SX4, Any advices?
3) The dealer was also telling me to get leather flooring done for Rs.5,000. Is this worth? The accessories shop fellow also said they can do it.
4) I also checked with a known tyre shop for upgrading to Michellin 3ST 195/60R15 in place of the Stock MRF's that my car has. He has quoted some Rs.6,600 per tyre and is giving back Rs.3,000 for each MRF. Is this deal good?

Looking forward to the replies as I am making the full payment tomorrow and going to take delivery on Monday.


Congrats in advance for your new beauty!! Red color looks awesome and stunning. I am a proud owner of one but only thing is it is a dust magnet and very much scratch pro. I got a jopasu car duster as suggested on this thread and it really works very well. Planning to get the gyeon coating this week as well. Coming to your questions:
1) scuff plates can be bought online from ebay at 1300/- and you can get it installed from some accessories shop at about 200/- to 300/- or can be bought from a shop at around 1800/- to 2500/- In this thread harry10 is using the illuminated plates and he has no issues as yet. I am planning to get them installed soon.
2) you can follow this thread closely and recently only there was an extensive discussion in the bulbs.
3) leather flooring is purely a personal choice. It helps easy cleaning of car is something spills over to the floor.
4) again if you had followed the thread closely there was a discussion regarding the Tyres and I had written earlier that I shot a mail to honda about warranty issues if I go for replacement. Though not in clear words but I was advised by the company and the dealer not to go for the same as it could have implications on the warranty. Rest is your personal choice. If you exchange MRF for Michelin it would definitely be an expensive deal.
Enjoy your 'Greater Drive' 😃

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorKK (Post 3577387)
Congrats in advance for your new beauty!! Red color looks awesome and stunning. I am a proud owner of one but only thing is it is a dust magnet and very much scratch pro. I got a jopasu car duster as suggested on this thread and it really works very well. Planning to get the gyeon coating this week as well. Coming to your questions:
1) scuff plates can be bought online from ebay at 1300/- and you can get it installed from some accessories shop at about 200/- to 300/- or can be bought from a shop at around 1800/- to 2500/- In this thread harry10 is using the illuminated plates and he has no issues as yet. I am planning to get them installed soon.
2) you can follow this thread closely and recently only there was an extensive discussion in the bulbs.
3) leather flooring is purely a personal choice. It helps easy cleaning of car is something spills over to the floor.
4) again if you had followed the thread closely there was a discussion regarding the Tyres and I had written earlier that I shot a mail to honda about warranty issues if I go for replacement. Though not in clear words but I was advised by the company and the dealer not to go for the same as it could have implications on the warranty. Rest is your personal choice. If you exchange MRF for Michelin it would definitely be an expensive deal.
Enjoy your 'Greater Drive' 😃

Thanks. I will check up the bulbs posts.
Maybe the leather coating is better after some use. Will not go for it now.
Do the SS scuff plates also look good?
I am still in 2 minds for tyre upgrade. I am currently using Michellin 3ST on my SX4 and they are really good. So maybe will just change to Michellin in stock size. Not sure if diesel owners have also upgraded tyres?

Congratulations. Mine too is Cernelian Red. I love that colour, though it will exhibit dust attraction more than Urban Titanium.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577223)
1) I was interested in getting Illuminated Scuff plates from dealer and got a quote of Rs.5,000.

I have installed SS Scuff plates costing Rs 700.00 They are fine. Illuminated Scuff plates need some electrical connections done and hence it is a safe bet to get done with ASS if it warrants cutting / splicing of wires. Or atleast you should be in the good books of ASS :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577223)
2) Since I drive regularly on highway I wanted to upgrade the headlights. Any advices?

ASS do not support headlight power enhancement as it would create warranty issues. Better to consult them. My suggestion would be that you have one or two highway trials with stock lights and then decide if to go for an enhancement of power or changing to NB / NB+ or some thing of that sort that give better lumens for same electrical power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577223)
3) The dealer was also telling me to get leather flooring done for Rs.5,000. Is this worth? The accessories shop fellow also said they can do it.

Yes it is an individual choice. It would eliminate carpet smells that crop up later as the surface can now be cleaned with water based solvents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577223)
4) I also checked with a known tyre shop for upgrading to Michelin 3ST 195/60R15 in place of the Stock MRF's that my car has. He has quoted some Rs.6,600 per tyre and is giving back Rs.3,000 for each MRF. Is this deal good?

The forum has recommended that. You can go for it and will get the benefit of lessened tyre noise and better road grip.

Good News to all those frustrated with delayed delivery by Honda:


Indian Autos Blog says:
Honda Cars India have announced that its second plant in Tapukara, Rajasthan, will begin a second shift starting this month, thereby increasing production of the Honda City.

The Link:http://indianautosblog.com/2014/11/h...-reduce-156433

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesrani (Post 3577395)
Thanks. I will check up the bulbs posts.
Maybe the leather coating is better after some use. Will not go for it now.
Do the SS scuff plates also look good?
I am still in 2 minds for tyre upgrade. I am currently using Michellin 3ST on my SX4 and they are really good. So maybe will just change to Michellin in stock size. Not sure if diesel owners have also upgraded tyres?

Get the illuminated ones. They looks good and no issues with electrical as no wires are cut. Simple installation with connectors which any accessory guy can do for you.

Many diesel owners have upgraded tyres here. Simply put it may create issue with warranty so better consult with your local A.S.S and then decide. I am using Michelin in Stock size which are doing fine.
Leather coating is a waste Imo. Just get some good 3d mats which are too easy to clean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrrooommm (Post 3577235)
Any update on dashboard rattling issue. My car's dashboard also started rattling.:Frustrati Sound is coming from somewhere in the center, near to ICE. Strange that it started after completing 10k km, just like yours.

I too have experienced the same. As you said, sound seems to be coming from somewhere in the center, as if some nut screw has come out and is constantly vibrating. Very annoying. :Frustrati
Service guys say that it is not worth opening the entire dash to fix this sound, as it takes lot of effort and may in process cause some other such issues. So, if you can, please bear.
But I just cannot live with it, and am currently clueless upon what to do about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3577737)
Get the illuminated ones. They looks good and no issues with electrical as no wires are cut. Simple installation with connectors which any accessory guy can do for you.

Many diesel owners have upgraded tyres here. Simply put it may create issue with warranty so better consult with your local A.S.S and then decide. I am using Michelin in Stock size which are doing fine.
Leather coating is a waste Imo. Just get some good 3d mats which are too easy to clean.

How do the stock Michelins behave on the highway. I have weekly runs on the highway. I was also thinking of changing the MRF's to Michelin in stock size rather than upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3577285)

Rattles and squeaks aside, the car has been doing great. I just returned from a Mumbai trip, averaging over 700km every day. The car has some serious mile munching abilities. You can just drive and drive and not get tired.

True, apart from niggles, car is fun to drive and i'm getting a decent milage too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 (Post 3577750)
I too have experienced the same. As you said, sound seems to be coming from somewhere in the center, as if some nut screw has come out and is constantly vibrating. Very annoying. :Frustrati
Service guys say that it is not worth opening the entire dash to fix this sound, as it takes lot of effort and may in process cause some other such issues. So, if you can, please bear.
But I just cannot live with it, and am currently clueless upon what to do about it.

it's an irritant cannot live with it. its getting worse every day.I may have to visit service center soon.
My friends SV also has same issue.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01.