Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-60.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3374374)
Taking the new price list from Dakshin in Bangalore from this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3374321 , I've done some comparison between old and new.

I'll try calling up Magnum/Whitefield Honda to check on this. Hopefully all dealers should have received the revised pricing.

It seems that Honda wants to advertise a low starting range.

Attachment 1209973

Except for the Petrol VX, which moves to <10L Bracket none of the other cars have shifted tax bracket in Bangalore. I am guessing the Diesel V would have skipped to the <10L bracket in Delhi. So overall On Road Price reduction for the Petrol VX would be a good amount for folks in BLR... :thumbs up and as for the V Variant that I received this month the overall loss for me is 25,857 (which is about 1.98%)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3374374)

The NEW SV CVT Non Metallic Ex Showroom price does not seem correct (look at difference. It's like odd man out).

I'll try calling up Magnum/Whitefield Honda to check on this. Hopefully all dealers should have received the revised pricing.

Attachment 1209973

I called up Whitefield Honda and they confirmed the Ex - Showroom of SV CVT Non Metallic is 9,46,000 (Reduced by 17,500 as well as expected) . So seems there is pricing error for this model on Dakshin's price list. Maybe just a typo on Dakshin's excel sheet lol:

One thing that Whitefield and Dakshin confirmed is that they have increased the Handling Charges from 9,500 (included in the Road Tax price) to 10,500 now. Seems like dealers also want to make more money.

This is the formula that Bangalore Dealers use for the (RoadTax+Handling Charge) Calculation (for reference)

If Exshowroom is less than 10 lakhs: Ex-showroom*15.54%+Handling Charges (Earlier 9,500. Now 10,500)
If Exshowroom is more than 10 lakhs: Ex-showroom*18.87%+Handling Charge (Earlier 9,500. Now 10,500)

So, I'll be saving 20K on my SV CVT White Honda City :)

Bad news for me. Called classic Honda. V has a waiting for 4-5 months along with VX. Cant wait that long so have to go with Sv only. Although changed the color to White from Red.
He said 21k has been reduced for Sv.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3374823)
Bad news for me. Called classic Honda. V has a waiting for 4-5 months along with VX. Cant wait that long so have to go with Sv only. Although changed the color to White from Red.

Is this Petrol or Diesel?

I am about to book V MT Petrol in this weekend and the waiting time being quoted right now ranges from 1 Month to 3 Months dealer to dealer. I am really confused right now as to who is giving me a correct picture.

Can somebody tell me which of these dealers from Mumbai would be good in terms of Sales?

1. Arya Honda
2. Hallmark Honda
3. Linkway Honda

Thanks,
Tejas

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3374956)
Is this Petrol or Diesel?

Thanks,
Tejas

Mine is Diesel but he said petrol is also same. Kindly confirm with your dealer.

Why most of the dealers still not having the updated price list with them? Are the dealers trying roll out maximum cars possible before putting up an official updated price list on the cards?

But, Cad they do that? I think they can't. Since Honda has already have released the new price list officially. <in the press release section in their website>

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3374823)

I think this is expected. Based on seeing the number of V/VX Models when I went to the yard and also from what the SA told me and also some articles on the net, Honda did some analysis and expected the SV variant to be the bestseller and hence tweaked their inventory to produce more SV variants and lower end variants as compared to V/VX. So 4-5 Months seems like a decent time frame to wait.
Article Here: URL

The problem I see is, if it really takes that long then there would be one more budget and who knows what happens :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3375063)
I think this is expected. Based on seeing the number of V/VX Models when I went to the yard and also from what the SA told me and also some articles on the net, Honda did some analysis and expected the SV variant to be the bestseller and hence tweaked their inventory to produce more SV variants and lower end variants as compared to V/VX. So 4-5 Months seems like a decent time frame to wait.
Article Here: URL

The problem I see is, if it really takes that long then there would be one more budget and who knows what happens :deadhorse

Seems to be the case. I also saw only one VX and no V model on my visit to their showroom, there were atleast 7-8 SV models then. This is a downer as i would have gone for V easily now but can't wait 4-5 months.
My main interest was to get parking camera and fog lamps as standard. Now will get parking camera installed at the time of delivery but for fog lamps they are saying i have to wait for 6 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by connect2prashan (Post 3375053)
Why most of the dealers still not having the updated price list with them? Are the dealers trying roll out maximum cars possible before putting up an official updated price list on the cards?

But, Cad they do that? I think they can't. Since Honda has already have released the new price list officially. <in the press release section in their website>

I just received a call from the SA capital Honda ( Airport Road). They now have the confirmed updated price list. The SV petrol Variant cost around 9.87L compared to the earlier price 10.07 L on-road this is including RSA + Extended Warranty - Metallic Colour. I was in a hurry so have not had an opportunity to catch-up with the entire price list.

I have been told that they did not receive the final confirmation till 12 noon.

I think EMT and SMT models are priced better now, the difference is close to 28k?

Can anyone point out if the new city has rear fog lamps in any version. I could not find it in any of the variants. Has honda missed out on this?

@tejas08 I purchased my amaze diesel vxmt from arya honda at ballard pier . Great service . Kept all their promises . No complaints .

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3375085)
Can anyone point out if the new city has rear fog lamps in any version. I could not find it in any of the variants. Has honda missed out on this?

The City does not come with rear fog lamps, only front fog lamps with V / VX variants...

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3375085)

[COLOR=black]Sorry about my question, but what is the purpose of reverse fog lamps? Is it useful whilst reversing or rolling on the high way?[/COLOR]

Just took delivery of my Honda City VMT Petrol in Urban Titanium Colour.

First Honda City Petrol to be delivered in Gurgaon.

So Excited.

Wow!!! Petorl on road!! Awesome!! Congratulations!!
Looking forward for the magical figures(kmpl) that you would average in the first few 100 kms.