Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/151680-maruti-celerio-official-review-31.html)

I don't get the clutch juddering issue while driving in the manual mode though it is there in the automatic mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4172882)
Congrats on the car.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

I'm gonna skip the Alloy wheel option and invest the money on the tires. I drove the car for about 30kms last evening for a dinner and I don't get a good feedback. I'm going to swap them to Michelin's soon, may be a 175 profile. 185 might be an overkill IMO on the stock drum. Your opinion ?

The brakes are over enthusiastic in an automatic I suppose. The car starts to react to my brake input much later than when I expect it decelerate and when it does, it stops like it was nailed to the floor. Guess this gets better with usage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_boundaries (Post 4173753)
Thank you for the detailed feedback.

I'm gonna skip the Alloy wheel option and invest the money on the tires. I drove the car for about 30kms last evening for a dinner and I don't get a good feedback. I'm going to swap them to Michelin's soon, may be a 175 profile. 185 might be an overkill IMO on the stock drum. Your opinion ?

The brakes are over enthusiastic in an automatic I suppose. The car starts to react to my brake input much later than when I expect it decelerate and when it does, it stops like it was nailed to the floor. Guess this gets better with usage.

I am not sure if you get too many options in 175/65. On the other hand, there are plenty of tires in 185/65. But I felt that performance would take a back seat with 185 so did not change the tyres. 185 should be fine on the stock rim, just that it might look a little bulgy. However, my alloys are begging for 185. Will try to get my hands on such a car with 185s and decide.

Brakes I personally like the setup. The initial travel of the pedal only gradually brakes the car, but upon pushing it around midway, the braking gets strong and this coupled with the downshifting results in a good braking feel. This helps in accurate braking and I know how much is the force I should exactly apply to slow the car how I want. No over or under braking at any given situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4173783)
However, my alloys are begging for 185. Will try to get my hands on such a car with 185s and decide.

I had done the upgrade to 185 immediately after the car was delivered .Now everything in terms of ride quality and handling is good but I believe the upgrade has taken its toll on the suspension set up

A rumble noise is coming from the front right wheel ( I am suspecting the wheel bearings have given away )

This is with just 5k on the odo

Also the 185's make it look like a Thar :) with those wheels bulging out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 4173925)
A rumble noise is coming from the front right wheel ( I am suspecting the wheel bearings have given away )

Hi Rajesh, does the rumble sound increase with speed and vice-versa?

Get the front brake caliper pins greased and also checked for play. All this on a 5k run car doesn't seem normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4173936)
Hi Rajesh, does the rumble sound increase with speed and vice-versa?

Get the front brake caliper pins greased and also checked for play. All this on a 5k run car doesn't seem normal.

Hey Anurag,

The noise is evident on rough roads .On smooth tar like the outer ring road there is no noise at all

During the 5k wheel balancing and alignment the toe and camber readings showed a negative deviation than prescribed .I was told to get the suspension set up checked

Quote:

t I believe the upgrade has taken its toll on the suspension set up

This is with just 5k on the odo

I guess you made a wrong choice with the alloys than the tyres. Your alloys have a negative offset which puts stress on the wheel bearings. Hence, that coupled with the wider tyres seem to have slightly worn the bearings. Wider tyres with stock rims or non offset alloys would not have caused this problem.

EDIT: Negative camber does indicate an issue with the suspension itself. Better get this issue looked into soon since in 5k kms if there is so much of a deviation, then the problem is quite severe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 4173940)
During the 5k wheel balancing and alignment the toe and camber readings showed a negative deviation than prescribed .I was told to get the suspension set up checked

Any hard pothole hit or speed breaker that you missed to spot?

Visited MASS on this topic?

Yes planning to get it checked with MASS

I doubt they will honor any warranty linking it to change to alloys/wider tires

Audioholic:- Define severe please

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4173487)
If you are facing similar issues, then it is high time everyone pressurised MS to offer a permanent solution. Once warranty expires, it is difficult to do the same.

I am also a victim of this juddering issue. I just got my Clutch Set replaced yesterday (31-03-17) as per your advice, Audioholic (thank you very much for it). The service center wanted to do away with just calibration and reset, but I insisted for the clutch set replacement, so they did it with unhappy and question face. The reality is even they don't know the real problem and they can't accept it also.

Audioholic, did you email the Maruti in Gurgaon, or dealer/regional head? Can you please share the email, so I can also fire them. Hopefully, they will be able to release the software update before my new clutch set wears out.

One more query, if its a software problem, why others/all are not facing the same juddering issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 4173954)

Audioholic:- Define severe please

If the camber has got offset within 5k kms with no accident or damage, then it indicates that the alloys are having a stong effect on the suspension. I have had a bent camber on my SX4 due to an accident when it had 15k kms on the odo. The camber got bent by 0.5 degrees then and today at 47k kms, there has been a slightly further increase in camber. But in your case, it looks to be happening at a faster pace maybe due to wheel bearings wearing out.

Guys I recently took delivery of my Celerio VXI AMT. I have covered approximately 160 kms. One thing that I have noticed is that when braking there is juddering felt. Say I am traveling at 60 km/hr and I brake little hard I can feel juddering. Has anyone else also experienced this issie? Is it normal? Hope to hear soon.

Thanks

Quote:

I had done the upgrade to 185 immediately after the car was delivered .Now everything in terms of ride quality and handling is good but I believe the upgrade has taken its toll on the suspension set up

This is with just 5k on the odo.....

Hi Rajesh!
Even the Celerio in my family is on 185/65/R14 tyres/alloys and so far there have not been any issues with suspension, noise from wheels set-up etc (crossed 9000KM so far). I think the Celerio's suspension should be able to handle these tyre sizes. There might be an issue with the (possibility of) offset being negative though, like Audioholic has suggested!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 4174448)
Audioholic, did you email the Maruti in Gurgaon, or dealer/regional head? Can you please share the email, so I can also fire them. Hopefully, they will be able to release the software update before my new clutch set wears out.

I sent an Email to the TSM of the dealership, ie this is the person from MSIL responsible to supervise the dealership I visit. And the works manager and GM were also in CC. Havent contacted Maruti.

You should ideally raise a complaint either with Maruti or contact your local TSM. I initially believed that the clutch disc could have been a bad one. But it was not so. And regarding why everyone is not facing an issue, the characteristics of the issue itself will tell the answer:
1. This happens after the clutch plates get heated. During the mornings or when I start driving after a significant break, the clutch is butter smooth.

2. This will develop in cars which are used mostly in traffic conditions.

Considering that a large chunk of AMT cars are used mainly to run short distances and errands, this problem will not get so prominently noticed, and in many cases will get passed off as a common issue by the dealership. However, for cars like mine which have heavy usage, this problem will be a significant one. Such kind of issues at the customer end requires too much of pressure and widespread reporting to get to the desks of the actual product engineers. In this case, the issue will be mostly passed off at the dealership level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4175086)
Guys I recently took delivery of my Celerio VXI AMT. I have covered approximately 160 kms. One thing that I have noticed is that when braking there is juddering felt. Say I am traveling at 60 km/hr and I brake little hard I can feel juddering. Has anyone else also experienced this issie? Is it normal? Hope to hear soon.

Thanks

When was your car manufactured? It is mostly a case of warped discs due to rusting. Looks like your car has stayed in the yard for a long time before it was delivered to you/the brake discs are defective. There is no judder felt in my car at any speed/braking force except for two emergency braking scenarios where the ABS kicked in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4175327)
You should ideally raise a complaint either with Maruti or contact your local TSM.

When I initially faced this juddering issue and the dealership didn't took it seriously, I wrote a complain on Maruti website. After few days, dealership called me and started acting nice and all.. At that time, neither I nor them, knew what the problem was. Lately, based on your suggestion, I got the clutch disc replaced.

I can't write the complain now, because the dealership already acted as I said, and in most nicest manner I have seen so far. I think I can write a feedback on maruti website, saying good words about dealership and also cautioning them about the issue? What do you say Audioholic, how should I proceed so that Maruti notices it?

I request others also who are facing similar juddering issue to act now, so we can all be heard together.