Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/151680-maruti-celerio-official-review-41.html)

Dear Fusion2006, Thanks and I do agree. Due to COVID period of almost an year now, the travel was very limited and hence took a little chance to wait until I plan for my next long drive which is now due anytime. Also strangely the tyre behaved well in last 10k kms than it did during 40k-50k where I did experience a couple of punctures.

So it had been about 20 months since the last service and the car had barely run 4000kms. With a trip planned to Bangalore, upon reaching Bangalore gave the car to Mandovi Vidyaranyapura for 40K service and minor body work. I usually prefer Nexus for their attention to detail however due to work load opted to go with the nearest option. They did a very average Job on the service and the car picked up some scuff marks around the bumper. With some angry feedback, this was taken care. Overall would not recommend.

The battery was replaced, went with Amaron this time. Compared to all cars I've owned before, this is the first time the battery failed within 5 years.

The drive to Bangalore and back was ok and kept reminding us this car is more of a city car than highway.

The next big replacement item is the clutch apparently, but I see no shudder in upshifts.

At 34K on the odo, the car is very frugal and practical for city use.

I have a 1st gen Celerio AMT which I drive regularly.
Still running on factory provided tyres, Battery, Clutch plate. Changed the Brake pads on 42000 kms. Now odometer is at 45000 kms.

Recently I felt a decrease in AC cooling, so the service guys topped up the coolant. But now, I hear a rattling/ringing sound when I start the AC. What could be the issue? Any inputs from other owners here.

I have a Maruti Celerio vxi amt optional 2016 which has done 67000 kms. I am based in Chandigarh and the car is in good condition and had only one minor accident. I am looking to sell it, what should I be expecting. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD (Post 5153586)
I have a Maruti Celerio vxi amt optional 2016 which has done 67000 kms. I am based in Chandigarh and the car is in good condition and had only one minor accident. I am looking to sell it, what should I be expecting. Thanks in advance.

I am thinking of selling my 2017 bought Celerio VXI AMT as well. 46000 kms driven.
I am expecting a price of around 3-3.4 lakhs. Expected price should be similar in your case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3447552)
[center]A big shout-out to Peter & Jainita for generously lending us their brand new Celerio to test!

The car used for the review was bought on 25th Feb 2014 and sold on 27th Sep 2021.

The ownership experience was more or less trouble free.

During the course of the ownership the following was done:
- The HU was replaced with a Blaupunkt Hamburg HU which I had removed from my Siena.
- Tyres were replaced with wider Accelera tyres.
- Bumpers were painted thrice due to several scratches.
- Battery was replaced once.
- Wiper controls were replaced with the unit from the S-Cross (Thanks to the TBHP DIY threads).
- Other than that it was just regular servicing.
- Couple of months ago I had installed a Clotoy Android HU with DSP, speakers were replaced with Infinity Components and a Zook underseat Subwoofer. All this plus the Sony 4 channel Amp was removed and replaced with the original HU and speakers.

Went to enquire about celerio CNG and was told that the dealership has stopped taking bookings for the existing model. Looks like the new model is going to be launched soon.

Any suggestions on replacement of stock tyres for Celerio ZXI ?

A recent visit to the local tyre shop revealed the JKs were having some cracks on the surface and it has to be replaced in order to endure a peaceful highway drive.

I'm going to get a second opinion as well.

Now, just in case, if it turns out the tyres have to be replaced, I was thinking I'd upsize to 175/65/R14 from stock 165/70/R14 (I suppose Michelin's have these in their XM2 variant or Continental) on the stock wheels.

Any experiences or opinions please ?

I'm ok if the mileage take a slight dip but I'm keen on handling and comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokesharo (Post 5163404)
Went to enquire about celerio CNG and was told that the dealership has stopped taking bookings for the existing model. Looks like the new model is going to be launched soon.

Yes on 10th Nov new model is launching. Spy shots of undisguised car is already available online.

I have been driving a Maruti Celerio Petrol AMT .It is 2014 model and it was bought at a time when AMT was very new in Indian market.
It has clocked 1,50,000 KMS and below is my experience so far

1.This car is built with city commute in mind but there is always a trade off here between mileage and smoothness and the jerk is felt in stat-stop traffic

2.The AMT has been a very reliable and it has touchwood ,it has not failed so far.

3.THe car has been abused,it has been taken for frequent drives in mountain (ooty) during the first 30-40 Kms,driven through very bad roads in villages and it has held up but off late the spare costs have become more and maintenance is touching 20-30 K every year.

4.This car has surprised in highways,its a car not meant to be driven in highways ,i do lot of 100 on way drives in highways and i have not faced any issue in overtaking.A trick here is if you are in AMT mode,you need to take the foot off the acc a bit to reduce the gear or use the manual mode to downshift before overtaking

5.This car is handy for running errands around the city and still it gives me around 16-18 KMPL and i am planning to keep it for long as a backup car

Is it running on the factory fitted clutch? If not, what were the signs you noticed which lead you to get the clutch changed?

We have the first gen celerio AMT as a city beater car in the family. It is being used in the radius of 5kms from home for running errands and clocked just 20k kilometers in 7 years of ownership. Logging down a recent issue that was faced along with a resolution (that might help others)

Issue:
Car started juddering lightly after running for about 10-15 mins. The issue got worse as the temperatures peaked in the summer and the AC started working hard. Once the juddering started the RPM also started fluctuating rapidly at idle and eventually the engine would stall. The car would still run fine after a cold start for the first few minutes.

Attempted Fix 1:

The car was given to an authorized dealer whose mechanic suspected an issue with the fuel delivery. So he took the following steps sequentially
1. Cleaned petrol tank
2. Swapped the fuel pump
3. Swapped the ignition coil
3. Swapped the throttle body

None of the above worked and they concluded that this was an engine issue and gave an estimate of 70k for overhauling the engine. This was refused and the car was taken back after 4 days.

Fix:
To get a second opinion a local mechanic was found who had worked on a friend's car before and overhauled the engine. He suspected an electrical fault and was very confident that it isn't an engine issue.

He changed the spark plugs, ignition coil and a MAP sensor. He claimed the car was scanned and it was showing the MAP sensor error. He fixed the car in a single day and it's running smooth now!

The root cause is suspected to be the MAP sensor which was giving faulty feedback to the ECM and that in turn was cutting the power to the engine prematurely.

Note:
I am surprised that an authorized dealer with so many resources and technical expertise wasn't able to correctly diagnose the issue that a local mechanic fixed in a day! I don't think it was a case of deliberate misleading but rather just the incompetency of the authorized garage.

Thanks that would help.
I am also driving a Maruti Celerio for city runs and has started shuddering in just under 18k in 4 years.
I read a thread that suggests that it can be a clutch issue more or less thanks for the input.
:Cheering:

Glad that you were saved by that skilled mechanic. For everyone's benefit, Can you share the mechanics name and contact number please, and also which city he is based out of?

Just adding for the benefit of others - My Celerio AMT had a starting issue. It took 5 to 10 seconds of cranking to start the engine. Also there was judder while driving. Battery is less than 1.5yrs old and it was not suspect since cranking was strong. Maruti service masters in chennai diagnosed it as a fuel injector issue. All 3 injectors were replaced (Total cost 3607) and issue was sorted. The injectors themselves took 10 days to arrive which was strange. My SA says that it was because this is not a common fault on the K10B engine. Car was 5 years old and has run 30k km. This has been my biggest repair so far.

Also replaced all 4 tyres with Yokohama Earth 1. The old JK tyres were noisy and wearing unevenly.