Team-BHP - Maruti Celerio : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Celerio : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/151680-maruti-celerio-official-review-37.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fornax (Post 4374179)
*Bump*

Any thoughts on the **cross over* looks of CelerioX? Wife loves the looks, and I thoroughly agree.

Is it worth the extra 14k on road (in Mumbai)?

If you are looking inside Maruti stable, I would say to go for the Ignis instead of Celerio. Compare Celeriowith the equivalently priced Ignis, and you wont miss too much. You get a B-segmenter, proper 4-cyl engine, safety features and fun to drive hatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4374292)
If you are looking inside Maruti stable, I would say to go for the Ignis instead of Celerio. Compare Celeriowith the equivalently priced Ignis, and you wont miss too much. You get a B-segmenter, proper 4-cyl engine, safety features and fun to drive hatch.

Thanks, spot on advice. I have been going bonkers deciding between the two. Test drove the Ignis, and was thoroughly impressed with the car. Solid build, zero rattles and felt adequately powered.

My experience with a 3 cylinder engine (Beat) has not been so good. Have had to change my driving style a lot, compared to my SX4 or the Innova. I guess the 60k difference between Zeta and ZX(O) is more than made up for by the extra cylinder, fog lamps, height adjust and EBD that the Celerio misses.

I will keep you all posted on which way I sway.

Finally decided to go with the new Swift VXi MT.

Reasons
1. The AMT, although a boon, felt tad clumsy at times. The car lost its character with AMT...e.g. even at 20 it refused to go into 4 while in Manual mode. I can start my Innova in 5th gear!
2. Celerio is way too flimsy...cant be called an upgrade over the humble Beat.
3. Fresh launch of Swift.

Decision made - will get the car before end of the month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fornax (Post 4376082)
Finally decided to go with the new Swift VXi MT...

Congrats.

Quote:

...Reasons
1. The AMT, although a boon, felt tad clumsy at times. The car lost its character with AMT...e.g. even at 20 it refused to go into 4 while in Manual mode. I can start my Innova in 5th gear!...

:Shockked: Why would you ever do that for? Please read up on lugging the engine, when time permits. Not something you would want to do.

Quote:

1. The AMT, although a boon, felt tad clumsy at times. The car lost its character with AMT...e.g. even at 20 it refused to go into 4 while in Manual mode. I can start my Innova in 5th gear!

I agree with the other points, but this sounds absurd to me. Why would you try to lug a small 1.0L engine in 4th gear at 20kmph? That wont give any benefit. The AMT will not allow you to lug the engine in manual mode, neither will it allow a downshift if the speed of the vehicle is too high for the chosen gear. Not even the swift 1.2L will be happy in 4th gear at 20kmph.

Point well taken. I don't mean to say that's a *normal* requirement, just stating the fact that Manual mode in AMT still plays nanny on you. I see no need to be in 4th unless you are doing stunts, which frankly I DO plan to, with the Swift.

Its been 1 year since the celerio rolled into my garage. After the initial sheen, its been a turbulent relationship last few weeks. No technical issues, no breakdown, no premature wear and tear none of that. Its just the characteristic of the car requires a lot more of the driver's attention.

It does wonders, it keeps up with speeds on open roads, keeps me calm and relaxed on those congested roads, most importantly my lower back pain has reduced a lot even when I drive long distances. However, it lacks that quick zeal and eagerness that I long for.

In the last 1 year -
1. Typical of a Maruti, never surprises you with issues. If any it'd surprise you with the ever frugal mileage
2. The in city drive-ability on congested roads needs patience waiting for the gear box to make up its mind. Audioholic has mastered the gear shift pattern on his celerio but I feel for me its always a moving target. Basically it shouldn't be that way.
3. Maintenance again, hardly any issues in the last 1 year
4. Typical of Maruti, there are faint rattles and the fit and finish is adequate and not premium
5. Suspension needs to be checked, it thuds and transfers all jolts to cabin. I don't push my car to its limits nor am I careless driver on bad roads or speed breakers. Cannot be a case of wear and tear
6. Audio System, the less said the better and this needs to be changed if you need even basic quality of audio

Its a total utility car, a beater if you wish and always is ready for an adventure in its own humble ways. Its my go to car without doubt for its simplicity and non complicated ways. I picked to drive the celerio over my vento when I moved to Pune. Though I crave power and all the fancy, but this has never let me down on a highway. I think I accept the car for what its capable of, utilize to its best in those boundaries. I may not replace this car for a long time to come.

Attaching a recent pic, where she is getting pampered at Aquatint, Pune. They did a great job with the wash and paint sealant. The car is whiter than before.

Hello Everyone, I wanted to take your opinion on a certain issue.
The other day I was driving my Celerio AMT on a highway (Chennai bypass fenced ring-road), doing maybe about 80-90 kmph, and all of a sudden a rolling helmet appeared in front of my car. Apparently some idiot who had illegally parked his two wheeler on the side dropped his helmet and it rolled over on to the middle of the road.

It was all too sudden and in that split second I decided not to swerve my vehicle or to slam the brakes to avoid it. I didn't want to risk a collision with other moving vehicles around. As a result, the helmet came under my car. For a few seconds I could hear the loud sound of helmet getting dragged with my car, and before I could slow down and pull over, the helmet sort of got ejected from underneath the vehicle.

Nevertheless, I slowly pulled over a few meters ahead at a marked safe spot. I bent down in front and looked underneath the car to see of there was any damage. I noticed that the long plastic protector flap ahead of the front wheels had got slightly dislodged near the front right wheel. I couldn't spot any other visible damage on or under the car (I know very little of car's mechanicals so I may not have been able to spot a damage if even if there was one, unless really evident).

All seemed ok, so I started the car and drove slowly to check for any strange noise/feeling. Again all seemed alright so I drove on home. However, a few days later I could sense a slight friction/vibration under my left foot (its an AMT so my foot is on the cabin floor). The driving doesn't feel as smooth as it did earlier.

Now the question is: What is your opinion on what could have gone wrong? I am wary of just driving into a service and narrating this incident. They will sense in a minute that I have little idea of what could go wrong and then do what they do best. If I could get some thoughts from the knowledgeable members on this forum then I will something to talk about.

Thanks in advance for your inputs. It means a lot.

Cheers
Cityslicker

Quote:

Originally Posted by cityslicker86 (Post 4397871)
Now the question is: What is your opinion on what could have gone wrong? I am wary of just driving into a service and narrating this incident. They will sense in a minute that I have little idea of what could go wrong and then do what they do best. If I could get some thoughts from the knowledgeable members on this forum then I will something to talk about.

Ideally whenever there is an underbody hit, it is better you get the complete underside inspected by jacking up the car on a lift, or driving it into a washing pit so that you can check where exactly the impact was and what got affected. This way you can get to know whether it is something to worry about or just a couple of scratches. Also the oil sump is pretty exposed in the car, so be careful after such incidents. It is best to take it to a place which has a lift, and inspect the car underbody yourself to spot any damage.

Guys I have a Maruti Celerio which is used only for city commute. Recently I have started hearing a noise when driving the car. It is not a continuous noise. It just comes for 5 sec or so and then disappears. Its like a grinding noise and I can feel vibration on the floor as well. What could be this noise? This noise has started coming after my car came back from its third service. Please help guys.

Regards

Saw a CelerioX in grey shade this evening, all the faux skid plates and crossover elements were looking pretty good on that shade. Much better than in White or Orange colors I had seen it in till now. Can owners share their pics of CelerioX in various shades they come in?

Engine Overheating issues

Last week I along with family decided to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad in Celrio Vxi AMT. All went well till Ananthapur and suddenly temperature symbol (engine overheating) started blinking on dash board. I pulled the vehicle to side and opened the bonnet for inspection. Here are my observations
1. There is no loss of coolant in the system, but
2. There is a coolant splash in around battery area, this is due to little quantity of coolant coming out from top-up tank.
3. No leak in the system, as I can see the coolant inside the top-up tank/container.
4. No underbody hit/damage or engine oil leak.

I called the Maruti customer care for assistance and they can't help as they have server issues :Frustrati

They out rightly denied for calling back to me when their server issues are resolved. Advised to try after 10-15 minutes :deadhorse

This is the state of best/no frills customer care in India. I told them I am struck on the road with my family (a small kid with us) and need help at the earliest. They are least bothered about us being struck on a highway.

Unfortunately this happened on Sunday and I have tried customer care after sometime but no use. I have waited for 20-30 minutes and checked the engine bay and decided to drive ahead. We have switched off the AC and started driving carefully at 80 kmph. No warning light till 50kms and we stopped for a lunch break. Later we reached Kurnool with moderate speeds and stopped at Maruti service center. They are closed and no support what so ever. This is around 3.30PM on Sunday. I have handed over the vehicle to a friend in Kurnool and left for Hyderabad by a taxi.

Next working day car was dropped at MSA Motors Kurnool (only Maruti authorized dealer in town). For more than a week car is with MASS and they don't have any explanation/reasoning what happened. They are giving various excuses like gasket got burnt, valve setting is gone bad etc. Till date not even once service advice called and explained/discussed the issue with me. I have to call them every time to follow-up and they are non committal on the restoration of vehicle.

Any help in escalating the matter to higher ups will be highly appreciated. Any contact like mail ID and phone number will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillsnrains (Post 4419268)
1. There is no loss of coolant in the system, but
2. There is a coolant splash in around battery area, this is due to little quantity of coolant coming out from top-up tank.
3. No leak in the system, as I can see the coolant inside the top-up tank/container.

Same thing happened in my WagonR. No perceptible signs of leaks anywhere in the system except around the radiator cap. It was replaced and the coolant level is staying still. I'm guessing the hot coolant caused premature wear of the seals around the cap causing the hot coolant to come out.

Hi all,

I bought a Celerio Amt and the horn stops working all of a sudden and is fine in the next few moments this has happened a couple of times. The same thing happened when we had parked the car and we were trying all possible things to fix it and thats when a fellow Celerio Amt owner came up and enquired what's wrong?

When we told the issue he told it happens in his car too and it'll be fine by itself as we continue driving.. Confused as to what could be the reason?

Has any other Celerio Amt owner faced the same issue?

Thanks,
Nish

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nishith (Post 4460956)
Has any other Celerio Amt owner faced the same issue?

Thanks,
Nish

My horn stutters during long presses but there have been no horn failures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyRoadie (Post 4398799)
Guys I have a Maruti Celerio which is used only for city commute. Recently I have started hearing a noise when driving the car. It is not a continuous noise. It just comes for 5 sec or so and then disappears. Its like a grinding noise and I can feel vibration on the floor as well. What could be this noise? This noise has started coming after my car came back from its third service. Please help guys.

Regards

Please take it back to the service centre, does it happen during slow turns or only in the beginning of the journey even while driving straight?