Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by autospeaker (Post 4091162)
K12 engine - a gem.

I agree. But in my experience with Swift, actual F.E will be 20% less than this, at around 20 kmpl.

I made a visit to the Suraksha Nexa today on the Hosur Road. My experiences from Nexa have been from Amazing to worst. I currently drive a i10 AT 1.2, and wifey always wanted a Maruti. So after a lot of calls to the dealership which none responded, they don't have a receptionist yet, I visited in person. Time of entry was 3pm in the afternoon, in which all we could see were those salespersons and the empty showrooms.

After the first round of introductions, I made it clear I wanted to go for the top end CVT of Baleno. RM meets you and without even talking about the specifications pushes for a test drive. We sat in the car at the showroom and browsing through the features, he comes again, stating we do a test drive. So finally had a good test drive. We drove for nearly 12 kms and came back to the showroom. Wifey was super impressed and gave a go ahead.

Spoke to the RM about exchange of my Hyundai. Evaluated, the price was pretty good on offer as compared to VW for Ameo. Ticked

Now comes the delivery part. I asked him for a red color which they say is Fire Red and reminds me of the VW polo. Red color it is. We spoke about the booking amount and delivery deadlines, he gives a shock. He remembers, they have a red color car in stock with the same top end CVT. Amazing, this is how the conversation took place

Me - Can you check when I will get the car then
RM: - I have already spoken it is enroute. I can block it for you and deliver in 15 days.

15 minutes later

RM: - Just got a confirmation, that this car reached out stockyard yesterday and we can deliver in a week.clap:
Me: - Cool. I will make full payment. I want to do a PDI of the car
RM: - It is in our yard and it will far away
Me: - I am ok. Wait till 6 pm, I will make the booking advance and we can see the car tomorrow
RM: - I can get the car here for your inspection
Me: - No I don't want it to go for bangalore rounds. Tell me where is your yard
RM: - Near Attibelle.
Me: - Ok. time is 5:45, start with your process, I will give the booking at 6
RM: - Sure. Here are a few brochure copies for you, I will get the documentation done.
Me: - The CVT Mileage says MMpl, what does this mean? Mille meter per kilometer
RM: - It is KMPL, printing mistake:Shockked:
Me: - Ok I will wait. get the documents. I am seated here for more than 1 hour now

Another 15 minutes later.

RM: - I have an update for you.
Me: - What now.
RM: - The car is in the showroom only and the red color which is on display is our talked car.
Me: - Went and looked at the car. Tried to locate the VIN using the Team BHP checklist, but could not find the month / year of manufacture. Took a photo of the Chasis Number. Is this the VIN Number?
RM: - New Car, just came to the showroom 2 days back
Me: - No, not interested. I am ready to wait. Let me know when the car is booked / on the road. I will take delivery. With more delays, I might go to Ameo. Both cars have similar features.
RM: - This is petrol, super efficient and from Maruti. Ameo has issues.
Me: - This car is still new and problems are yet to surface. Lets not discuss about the engine and performance. Let me know when the car is enroute.

Now based on this discussion, I got my minds rolling till I got home
(1) Baleno still talks about 7 months delivery in vouchers, how come they have stock cars which are being sold
(2) What is the reliability of these cars
(3) Why would the dealer not sold such cars to customers, if they already have a stock in hand. (He did not ask me for a premium)
(4) Where can I find the VIN Number. The chasis number which I took had MA3 + sum numbers and letters and ended in 88.
(5) Can we rig this wait listing scenario?

Let me know

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by autospeaker (Post 4091162)
As someone had mentioned earlier, mileage in Baleno is ultra responsive to throttle input. I had an opportunity to test the same today. My Baleno petrol surprised me with the mileage numbers. Drove the car in the highway-of-sorts (NICE Road in Bangalore, to be precise) with a light foot on the throttle, for a range of about 30 km. Speed occasionally got built up to 3 digits as well. Even then the mileage is quite high. Imagine, if a similar driving style is adopted over a longer range, what would be the mileage returns. K12 engine - a gem.

I have clocked 26.6kmpl within Hyderabad city at 8PM on a working day (last Thursday). I covered 15 odd kms. But these are impractical numbers which can't be achieved everyday. Also similar numbers can be achieved in other cars with similar driving. But I agree that the K12 engine is very FE in the Baleno (slightly different tuning probably).

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbull (Post 4092021)
(4) Where can I find the VIN Number. The chasis number which I took had MA3 + sum numbers and letters and ended in 88.

VIN Number & chasis number are the same. Please search in http://www.myvehicledetails.com/?page_id=4

or you could search for the VIN number thread in the forum for further search links.

Quote:

(1) Baleno still talks about 7 months delivery in vouchers, how come they have stock cars which are being sold
(3) Why would the dealer not sold such cars to customers, if they already have a stock in hand. (He did not ask me for a premium)

Just a wild guess:). The car must have been allotted to you due to a cancellation by some customer. I expect more cancellations to follow, due to demonetization chaos. The waiting period of cars would reduce if there is a panic cancellation by the customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 (Post 4092171)
VIN Number & chasis number are the same. Please search in http://www.myvehicledetails.com/?page_id=4

or you could search for the VIN number thread in the forum for further search links.

The reason why I was confused earlier was all the articles on team bhp spoke about 20-21 digits of the number. When I took the last 88, it did not make any sense.

Thanks for the above link:- The chasis number which I took wasz MA3EWB22SGK252788.

Based on this new chasis number of 17 digits
10th Digit represents the year - G - 2016
4th Digit is the month: - E - May

So the manufacturing date of the car was in May 2016. Dealer is holding it in stock from May 2016?:Shockked:

Quote:

Now based on this discussion, I got my minds rolling till I got home

You can link it to the news below:

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/11/d...rations-247801

"Since the central government demonetized INR 500 and INR 1000 notes on November 9, Delhi NCR has witnessed about 70% dip in registration of new vehicles in the past three days, as per ET Auto"

If it is the case in NCR, it will the similar in Bangalore as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbull (Post 4092286)
So the manufacturing date of the car was in May 2016. Dealer is holding it in stock from May 2016?:Shockked:

This could be a display vehicle! IMHO stay away :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkbull (Post 4092286)

Thanks for the above link:- The chasis number which I took wasz MA3EWB22SGK252788.

MA3EWB22SGK252788

4th digit is not to be considered as Month.

G = 2016
K = November

Please check team bhp review image for reference
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3866296

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4092302)
You can link it to the news below:

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/11/d...rations-247801

"Since the central government demonetized INR 500 and INR 1000 notes on November 9, Delhi NCR has witnessed about 70% dip in registration of new vehicles in the past three days, as per ET Auto"

If it is the case in NCR, it will the similar in Bangalore as well.

So that explains a call from NEXA today telling me that they have an Alpha petrol in granite grey of Nov 2016 make. Was quite surprised as I had taken the test drive on Sunday and then the sales executive had told me official waiting period of 27 weeks.

Spoke to my RM recently. It seems that the bookings till 20 Jun 2016 have been cleared as of September 2016 and by Oct 2016, the bookings till 20 Jul 2016 will be cleared off.

Also, the dispatch from factory to showrooms is on a weekly basis and maruti is dispatching the exact number of cars as of a particular booking date.

So, only if someone cancels a booking after the car is dispatched, then the next person gets a chance.

My booking was on 12-September, which means I might be getting the delivery in the month of January (fingers crossed). Hope it is a Jan 2017 manufactured car in that case.

Promotion for Baleno in Wicked Weekends..

https://youtu.be/dwGPevrgARE

From Nexa's tweet.

Can someone please post pictures of the Official handrest accessory for Delta/Sigma models, if you have got it installed in your car?

I'm trying to find pics online with no success

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4096098)
Can someone please post pictures of the Official handrest accessory for Delta/Sigma models, if you have got it installed in your car?

I'm trying to find pics online with no success

I dont have a picture but it is exactly the same one as available in the Zeta and Alpha variants. The bottle holder moves to the back from the top. I have got it fixed on my Delta variant. If you want a picture, it will be available on the first page of this review.

How much does Handrest Cost inclusive of Fitting for Delta ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jateen (Post 4096272)
How much does Handrest Cost inclusive of Fitting for Delta ?

INR 2500. Got it fitted on my delta cvt