Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-151.html)

Mine is a 2017 May model as well and i am able to pair phones while in motion. Is there a difference between the Delta and Zeta HUs ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathish81 (Post 4260574)
My car is a 2016 model- it could be possible that 2017 models use a updated firmware which has this safety check.

My car is probably the oldest one here. Dec 2015. And it's done it since day one. And I think the system does have an idea a out motion as that's also how the avc works

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth (Post 4260583)
Mine is a 2017 May model as well and i am able to pair phones while in motion. Is there a difference between the Delta and Zeta HUs ?

Doesn't zeta come with touchscreen and Android auto or is that only in alpha?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathish81 (Post 4260657)
Doesn't zeta come with touchscreen and Android auto or is that only in alpha?

Only the Alpha models come with touchscreen HU factory installed.

Does anyone from Chennai who had booked an Alpha CVT got their cars delivered or at least allotted yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4260745)
Does anyone from Chennai who had booked an Alpha CVT got their cars delivered or at least allotted yet?

Reading your posts makes me think, how come you have so much patience. You have been waiting since February & you're Baleno is yet to arrive.

I don't know how you aren't getting one when one of my close relative bought a Delta CVT in Grey Shade within a span of 20 days from the date of booking.

If I were you, I would have walked out of this scenario & looked at other options. If I had liked Baleno, I would get it from different City if the dealer isn't that cooperative.

Since there are 7 dealers in Chennai, contact them & ask if the Alpha CVT can be availed. If they aren't sure, try other cities in TN. You should get one. Another trick is that Dealer's transfer their stocks to other dealers on request. So you may get one soon.

I can't believe how Nexa Dealers in a city like Chennai are clueless about the Availability of this popular model.

I have been contacting both OMR Nexa & Vishnu Nexa for more than 2 weeks. Both have almost similar answers they don't have a clue on Alpha CVT dispatches. Both confirming that Alpha CVT variants are not registered with Chennai RTO by Maruthi and hence they couldn't get any dispatches. Not sure how Maruti can miss on such things and what is the actual reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4260745)

Hi y2ksrs - As I have already mentioned in my earlier posts, please check with NEXA Nandanam (Popular Motors).

Also, please check with dealers in Tier-2 cities (Vellore, Trichy).

I got my Baleno Zeta CVT from NEXA Trichy (Pillai & Sons) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarguyNish (Post 4260872)
I don't know how you aren't getting one when one of my close relative bought a Delta CVT in Grey Shade within a span of 20 days from the date of booking.

Apparently delta is the highest seeking model and Maruti prioritises delta over other trims during manufacture!! At least that's the bull that OMR Nexa tells me.
Quote:

If I were you, I would have walked out of this scenario & looked at other options.

I am looking for other options on the automatic space, but quite frankly I don't find any other car that even comes close to what the Baleno offers. The closest competitors within my budget are the Jazz and Polo GT TDI and they don't stand a chance when compared to the Baleno when it comes to being VFM. The middle class mindset in me just doesn't make me look at non VFM options. The other options are the DZire and Zest. Both are AMTs, and having a Nano AMT with us makes me wary of going for another AMT.
Quote:

If I had liked Baleno, I would get it from different City if the dealer isn't that cooperative.

That idea never crossed my mind. But it might be too late for that now. I am hoping for an allotment in the next few days.
Quote:

Since there are 7 dealers in Chennai, contact them & ask if the Alpha CVT can be availed.

Quote:

Another trick is that Dealer's transfer their stocks to other dealers on request. So you may get one soon.

Tried Vishnu Nexa too, and the response was the same. Also tried pushing OMR Nexa for a inter dealer stock transfer, but that came to nothing too.
Quote:

I can't believe how Nexa Dealers in a city like Chennai are clueless about the Availability of this popular model.

I don't think even Maruti have a clue. Every time I talk to their customer support, I get redirected to the dealer and they say they can't do anything if Maruti does not allot cars to them!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashok_lat (Post 4260888)
I have been contacting both OMR Nexa & Vishnu Nexa for more than 2 weeks. Both have almost similar answers they don't have a clue on Alpha CVT dispatches. Both confirming that Alpha CVT variants are not registered with Chennai RTO by Maruthi and hence they couldn't get any dispatches. Not sure how Maruti can miss on such things and what is the actual reason.

I am being told by OMR Nexa that no dealer in Chennai have received an Alpha CVT yet. Only after they recieve one can Maruti take it to the road transport office to have it added to their database. Again this is a bull that I heard from OMR NEXA, not sure how true this is. I did check with Vishnu Nexa and they too confirmed that they did not get any allotment of Alpha CVT yet. Will be visiting Nexa Besant Nagar today to enquire.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4261282)
Hi y2ksrs - As I have already mentioned in my earlier posts, please check with NEXA Nandanam (Popular Motors).

Sure will check with them too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4261282)
I got my Baleno Zeta CVT from NEXA Trichy (Pillai & Sons) :)

How long did you have to wait for the allotment?
Quote:

Reading your posts makes me think, how come you have so much patience.

Tell this to my wife, she'll have you murdered lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 4259975)

When you say loud, does it make a creaking type of noise?

Not really a creaking sound. its more of a thud.

Baleno Petrol, Fourth Service update (20000 KM) -- Service Woes(Bimal Auto Agency, Bangalore).

Went for the first paid service of Baleno in Bangalore(shifted here last year from NCR). Since my last service(10,000 Km) Bill was around 4187 which includes Synthetic Engine Oil. I expected the bill to be in the vicinity of 6500-7000 due to the major paid service. Visited Bimal Auto Agency Service workshop situated at old airport road. Reason for choosing Bimal is a few weeks back I have done the rear suspension replacement under warranty from them and I was pretty much satisfied with the job done. Besides was aware of the AGM(Service) and Service Advisor Santosh who is responsible for getting the job done.

Reached pretty late in the morning around 11:30 am. SA inspected the car and rather than taking my inputs on the issues I'm facing or what needs to be taken care of along with the regular service. He provided me with an estimate with a large spread of items on their palette to offer under different categories just to rip off customers. The initial estimate he provided me was of Rs14600 on which he was too kind hearted to provide me with a sumptuous amount of discount after which the total came out to be Rs. 11700(Excluding GST).
My eyes were sparkling with pity and grief for that young lad who spent a considerable amount of time to trap me in the honey net of returning my car in a never before Spick n Span condition only for the nominal charge of 11700 that too with a discount. Keep in Mind it's a petrol car and a Maruti Suzuki is cheap to maintain (herd mentality).
Let me furnish the details of the break up under different categories:
Consumables:
3500 synthetic engine oil
500 Oil filter
700 Coolant
500 Weights to be used during balancing
500 Additional work if any
Total: 5700

1800 Paid service
700 Brake cleaning
500 Wheel Alignment
500 Wheel Balancing
850 Throttle Body Cleaning
2200 Teflon Boy Polish
850 Suspension Greasing
1500 Upholdstry cleaning(Interior)
TOTAL: 8900

Grand total: 8900 + 5700 (Consumables) = 14600

Then he came up with a knight from his shining armour and blessed me with a never before discount of 2900 and brings down the total to 11700.
Anyway, I played such a spoil sport for that young lad and denied to take the help or even the need of discount.
Went ahead with just following things:
1800 Paid Service
3600 Oil Change
700 Coolant change
500 Oil filter change
Ac filter change
700 brake cleaning

Basically, the services which I'm going to avail pissed him off big time.
Since I've reported the brake noise issue, while brake cleaning he came up with the theory that disc(Rotor) and brake pads are gone and due to the metal to metal contact, I'm facing this noise issue. I checked both the parts thoroughly and there is some uneven pattern on the brake pads for sure. Though disc(Rotor) looks absolutely fine to me for a car which has done just 20000 Kms and some amount of rubbing with sand paper will make them good to go. Consulted bhpian audioholic for the same and went ahead with the brake pads change.Although there is some decent amount of life left in brake pads as per my observation(I could be wrong too) but rather than risking the whole set up, went ahead to change the brake pads. Another attempt for rip off somewhat went downhill.

Next was the link road of Left front side reported weak. Had a word with Technician working on it in absence of Service Advisor and as per his words, it looks bit weak and I should get it changed if I heard any noise from the front side. For now, put it on hold and will observe for next few days.

Enquired from the service advisor about the Warranty Claim for Disc(Rotor) and Link Rods, since the car has done just 20000 km on the odo and these parts should not give up so early. But obvious he denied since we were locking horns a lot of time and by now he is completely pissed off at me and asked me to contact AGM Service for any such request. According to him any MOVING PART IS CONSIDERED AS WEAR AND TEAR PART and therefore disqualifies for warranty claims. I was seriously put off by his lame explanations.Just to put his case stronger he started pointing out to the extra fitments in order to make his case more stronger and his words were he will communicate about the extra fitments to NEXA.By now I was completely losing my temper by now. Extra fitments on my car are:

Hella Trumpet Horn
LED Fog Lamps
Rear Bumper Guard.

On the cleaning part, they did the basic interior vacuuming and nothing else. On the contrary, when ever I got my car serviced in NCR, interior vacuum cleaning with some basic cleaning through a polishing agent and through shampoo wash is done with no extra charges. But here everything looks paid and prices are inflated.They did charge me Rs 250 for exterior waterless Cleaning which he mentioned as Polishing in the bill. By this time I literally gave up and didn't want to argue on that.

Just think how much Petrol Baleno Service can cost. Well, in the end, I was billed for Rs 8931 which was OK keeping in mind the initial estimates.

But just for a moment think, does a Petrol Maruti Suzuki service should cost this much or I've some unrealistic expectations.
How brilliantly they are ripping off and set the bar higher in the name of premium services. These days I can only see premiums in terms of amount/pricing involved be it the ex-showroom prices of cars or their servicing costs. In the end, if Service Adviser would have handled it nicely then it could have ended without any issues, but the over all experience left a very sour taste.

Ford is the company which actually transformed its image and leading the baton when it comes to the cost of servicing, providing their customers complete peace of mind.Even companies like Skoda which are famous for service related horror stories have come up a long way. And testaments of customer speaks volumes about that.

Maruti needs not to create additional premium NEXA service centres rather if it focuses on not ripping off the customers and make the current Service Experience bit premium, will do wonders for them. Attaching the bill which he will be sending to NEXA as well. You will notice his remarks for extra fitments which I don't know will create any issues in case of any future warranty claims or not.

P.S: Attaching disc(Rotor) and Brake pads pics for expert comments.
Thanks audioholic for your availability at the right time and guidance.
Saw quite a few cars which got flooded in recent rains parked and ripped apart, heart goes out for those car owners.

Disc Rotor
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_8202.jpg
Uneven Wear and Tear on Brake Pads
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_8226.jpg
Thickness of brake pads
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_8224.jpg
Bill Copy one
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-new-doc-20170905-01.31.36_1.jpg
Bill Copy two - Highlighted part is the remarks submitted by SA.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-new-doc-20170905-01.13.10_2.jpg

Erm, doesn't Maruti recommend ONLY 0W20 grade oil for the petrol Baleno? It seems that 5W40 oil has been used in your car. Is that a billing mistake of some kind?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highh5 (Post 4263579)
Baleno Petrol, Fourth Service update (20000 KM) -- Service Woes(Bimal Auto Agency, Bangalore).

He provided me with an estimate with a large spread of items on their palette to offer under different categories just to rip off customers. The initial estimate he provided me was of Rs14600 on which he was too kind hearted to provide me with a sumptuous amount of discount after which the total came out to be Rs. 11700(Excluding GST).
Let me furnish the details of the break up under different categories:

Grand total: 8900 + 5700 (Consumables) = 14600

Then he came up with a knight from his shining armour and blessed me with a never before discount of 2900 and brings down the total to 11700.

The number of fleecing incidents reported from dealer owned MASS is rising at an alarming rate. In fact, this fleecing is seen more from Maruti dealers than others on the forum. Yes the other manufacturers too add a couple of unwanted stuff, but Maruti dealer workshops have taken it to an altogether different level. My respect for Maruti is going down due to this.

Good that you resisted his trap. Its upon us to be vigilant, otherwise the dealerships will continue to loot us.

Sir. i learnt this 10 years back that maruti vehicles are the most expensive to maintain if we so decide to visit big MASS (Pasco gurgaon). It's best to buy spares from authorised maruti spare parts dealer and get the service done from a smaller MASS till the time the vehicle is under warranty. After that no need to visit MASS at all. My humble 99 Zen used to get serviced for 6000+ at MASS whereas my 07-city ZX was never billed for more than 3500 INR.
At one instance the bigger MASS (Pasco) didn't do service on my car even when i dropped it there at 9AM. At 6PM when i reached service station to collect my car it was still standing outside. They prefer to do service for cars which bring them higher returns. Herd mentality rules in India.

Its best to look at alternate MASS. Though I have been reasonably satisfied with Fortpoint MASS, Thane, I have now shifted to a independent Maruti Authorized Service Centre and not linked with the dealer.

What I gain:
1) I get personalized service. Once you are acquainted with the service advisors/owner, the car is in safe hands.
2) The MGPs are used and hence you are not compromising on any spares.
3) Availability of all critical components are there
4) For all small tasks, you can take a non taxable bill. Though I am not advocating this. yet it does translate to savings when the bills are settled in cash.
5) You can run back for any error that crops up after the service and stand in front of your car till its rectified.
6) You can pick and chose alternatives(eg. Should you go with Castrol or Shell or Petronas engine oil etc).
7) Simple top ups before a long journey isnt going to cost a thing.

Disadvantages:
1) The Maruti app wont update the service done through an independent ASS. It may affect resale is the prospective buyer checks with the ASC. However, yo can keep all bills received from the independent ASC in a folder for verification.
2) Major work(suspension, ignition related, engine rebuild, flood hit cars etc) maybe better off at the ASC considering the equipment levels are better and the technicians maybe more trained for intricate jobs
3) Skill set of technicians may be better overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 4263780)
Its best to look at alternate MASS. Though I have been reasonably satisfied with Fortpoint MASS, Thane, I have now shifted to a independent Maruti Authorized Service Centre and not linked with the dealer.

However this is not an option for NEXA cars (Baleno in the context of this discussion) as the independent MASS aren't allowed to work on NEXA cars. Only dealer workshops can work on them.