Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/171209-maruti-baleno-official-review-155.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEA (Post 4275304)
I am confused with all the suspension issue talks here and would like to ask existing users if it really is a deal breaker.

It's not a major issue at all and you have nothing to worry here. The cars manufactured till December 2016 had stiffer rear suspension and the low speed ride was bouncy. Maruti has changed the design in 2017 models and the ride quality is much better :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4275307)
It's not a major issue at all and you have nothing to worry here. The cars manufactured till December 2016 had stiffer rear suspension and the low speed ride was bouncy. Maruti has changed the design in 2017 models and the ride quality is much better :)

On cars manufactured before dec 2016 like mine, they have replaced the suspension. It's not a issue now :)

Thanks for your replies. I liked the fact that the test drive car had no rattles and its engine felt smooth. the ride overall felt very mature for a hatchback. Surprisingly, the CVT worked well upto 60 kmph. Above that the rubber band effect is very noticeable.

My right side Headlamp has started fogging from inside. I hope the fogging stays till I get to the dealership so that I can get this replaced under warranty.

I remember seeing this issue on some baleno's as well as S-cross on team bhp itself.

The steering of my parent's Baleno Automatic which is about 3 months old has started feeling rather vague. It doesn't self centre like it used to earlier when I last drove it when the car was new? Does anyone know of any issues with the Baleno steering assembly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 4275755)
The steering of my parent's Baleno Automatic which is about 3 months old has started feeling rather vague. It doesn't self centre like it used to earlier when I last drove it when the car was new? Does anyone know of any issues with the Baleno steering assembly?

The first thing to check would be alignment and tyre pressure.
That said, the steering is not too eager to self-center but does a decent job with minimal assistance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 4275704)
My right side Headlamp has started fogging from inside. I hope the fogging stays till I get to the dealership so that I can get this replaced under warranty.

I hope you have already taken pics for proof :)

Quote:

I remember seeing this issue on some baleno's as well as S-cross on team bhp itself.
This is a very common issue in Vitara Brezza. There are few reported cases in Baleno. Most of the dealers would say it's Normal and fogging would disappear on it's own lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4275887)
I hope you have already taken pics for proof :)

This is a very common issue in Vitara Brezza. There are few reported cases in Baleno. Most of the dealers would say it's Normal and fogging would disappear on it's own lol:.

Thanks Naren. I haven't taken any pics yet.
The fogging is not very severe, it is at the top most part on headlamp ( at bonnet level ) and some in front of indicator so has not been hampering beam spread.

But if this stays, dealer will not be able to escape from replacement.
Will keep observing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 4275926)
Thanks Naren. I haven't taken any pics yet.
The fogging is not very severe, it is at the top most part on headlamp ( at bonnet level ) and some in front of indicator so has not been hampering beam spread.

I too had faced this fogging issue once. This was before I had opened up the headlights to retrofit projectors. But that fogging had stopped on it's own and my headlight was out of warranty anyways after it was opened for projector retrofit. I found this pic after searching a lot lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado (Post 4275704)

Here is how bad mine was!

Luckily my under warranty replacement has arrived and will be fixing it tomorrow. Warranty has come really handy for me; first suspension and now this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amvj (Post 4274655)
Guys I need some advice.

I booked Baleno Alpha petrol Manual on Sep 16th. I have got the Order booking / commitment checklist. I find the document full of errors / wrong information. I get a feeling that the dealer is taking me for a ride.

I just showed this to my trusted friend(who is now an EX-RM), and these are the things he had to say:

1. Your RM has forwarded you the dealer's copy, ask for Customer's copy.
2. Your customer copy shouldn't carry these accessories/useless items etc. If it has, get them removed.

He said there are many things which a dealer has to show, to get brownie points, but the customer doesn't necessarily has to purchase those accessories from them.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Congratulations on your next car.

So I happened to receive an invite from Varun Nexa for a 'Customer Education Program' event last week. The event was held on Sunday, 24th Sep at 10.30 AM.

Some of the things shown in the videos and slides for basic maintenance included description of the layout under the hood - engine oil dipstick and how to check oil level, coolant reservoir, level check and warning against opening the radiator cap when the engine is hot, brake fluid level check and refilling the windscreen washer.

Overall, I'd say a really good initiative by the dealership and undoubtedly beneficial to the average customer. :thumbs up

Posting a couple of pictures I clicked. Please pardon the poor quality.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar3.jpg

Today I received an allotment letter from dealer stating the booking has matured to delivery and the car has been dispatched from the Gurgaon facility. It will reach the dealer's yard around 15days.

Now, is there a possibility that the car could be a 2016 manufactured piece or a 3/6 month old piece? I have asked for the VIN number though. But just in case they do not provide, I hope I cannot be adamant/stingy and keep asking for the same again. In such a scenario just wanted to know if MS is dispatching only latest pieces (september 2017 pieces). Your thoughts please?

Hi Folks,

I got my left headlamp replaced under warranty today(for Fogging issue).
But there is a problem, on the replaced unit light o/p is warmer not cool white like my older unit, please check the photo below. Also, it looks like older unit is more powerful and illumination is different(smooth, circular reflector around lens looking like a light ring).

Checked headlamps on another new Baleno which was there at the service center, it matches with the replacement on mine.

Now, how I go about this? I liked my older units for the way it looked and lit but couldn't afford to deny the replacement as it was fogging badly. Even the service center guys are clueless about this.

Please advice me on this.

It's the difference between the 3000-4300k (warmer) and 6000k(cooler) bi xenon bulbs .check the bulbs and you should sort the problem.