Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-104.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 4207065)
Hello All,
Thanks for your valuable inputs. My friend did a through PDI , with our PDI checklist.

Hello All, My friend took delivery of his Tiago on 4th June. Yesterday I went to his home to check car. At that time i observed a weird thing - Just like we press clutch it moves downwards - if we keep foot below it & move it upwards, clutch was moving upward around 10/20 degrees..:Shockked:

I haven't observed such thing at all. Am i wrong here - that every car's clutch move upwards by some degree, or is this any serious issue which he needs to look at ASAP?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prashanth_mys (Post 4132509)
[*]Absolutely zero communication from Tata Motors, apart from providing the contact details of their Regional sales manager. This even after emailing them all these pictures and my experience with two Tiago cars !

I made a down payment on my Tiago last week and blocked the car. My car is expected this firday. I have made it very clear to the showroom folks that I will not accept any delays in the delivery. My folks at home are very particular on the "auspicious day" for delivery. Apparently there is no other good day after 16th for the next one month or so.

In case the I do not get the car on time , I plan on asking for a refund and cancel the booking. How long did it take for you to get the refund of the booking amount ? The showroom executives are quite poor in communicating and work like government employees or may be worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 4216545)
I . How long did it take for you to get the refund of the booking amount ? The showroom executives are quite poor in communicating and work like government employees or may be worse.

In case of delay take up the matter with Tata customer service through email and twitter. I found them very active in the case of my booking cancellation and refund.

Dear Team-Bhpians, thank you one and all for your valuable advise and suggestions. My white Tiago revtron XZ was delivered on Friday evening. The very next day I left for Hubli to attend a cousin's marriage. The car is now awaiting its first service in another couple of days.

The car is quite comfortable to drive and can do 3 digit speeds easily. I drove the car at a constant 80 kmph with occasional bursts of 100 kmph to overtake some slower vehicles. During the onward journey, the car returned a superb 22 kmpl and 20 kmpl during the return journey with 4 adults and full of luggage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 4218956)
Dear Team-Bhpians, thank you one and all for your valuable advise and suggestions. My white Tiago revtron XZ was delivered on Friday evening. ........
During the onward journey, the car returned a superb 22 kmpl and 20 kmpl during the return journey with 4 adults and full of luggage.

Congratulations on your new Tiago. It looks smashing in Whiteclap:
Also pretty impressive mileage for a petrol car. Please do post an ownership report.
How is the rear seat space? Can 2 adults + 1 child sit comfortably for long drives? Is the transmission hump too intrusive?

Wish you many more happy and safe miles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvm (Post 4218975)
Congratulations on your new Tiago. It looks smashing in Whiteclap:
Also pretty impressive mileage for a petrol car. Please do post an ownership report.
How is the rear seat space? Can 2 adults + 1 child sit comfortably for long drives? Is the transmission hump too intrusive?

Wish you many more happy and safe miles.

Thank you very much. I will share my ownership report shortly. Rear seat is quite comfortable with decent leg room for 2 adults. you should be able to accomadate 1 child with 2 adults, although it might not be very comfortable on a long drive. I had only 2 adult passengers. For a small child, I think the transmission hump should not be too intrusive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 4215295)
I observed a weird thing - Just like we press clutch it moves downwards - if we keep foot below it & move it upwards, clutch was moving upward around 10/20 degrees.from its 0 position.:Shockked:

I haven't observed such thing at all. Am i wrong here - that every car's clutch move upwards by some degree, or is this any serious issue which he needs to look at ASAP?

please: Can somebody please provide your valuable inputs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashokabs (Post 4207107)
Yes when the engine is cold when driving off in 1st gear and changing to second the car hesitates and there is a flat spot especially if you accelerate to correct it. This clears up in half a km or less if you allow the engine to slowly rev up without pushing it. However, I do not have the kind of problems you are stating with rpm jumping 50 or so suddenly. You should get the car checked at the Service Centre. With the AC on if you accelerate hard then you will find the mileage drops especially in 2nd gear. The trick is to accelerate a bit gradually and change up a gear as soon as rpm reaches around 1600-1800.

I need to get few things checked in respect to this RPM problem in my next service. But its really an underperformer if you have been driving a more powerful car like Ford EcoSports in my case, but does the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 4215295)

Please provide your valuable inputs.

This is normal and happens in my car too. After asking the service adviser he told its common for a cable based clutch. So no need to worry on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 4212859)
Hi Ashok,

Thanks for your valuable input, do your drive Revotron or Revotorq ?

I drive a Revotron. Wouldn't buy a diesel in Delhi for obvious reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 4219511)
please: Can somebody please provide your valuable inputs?

A little play is very common in lot of cars. There is no need to worry. I suggest you don't pull the clutch every now and then, it might affect your clutch plate and clutch alignment.

Shared by Raju Bindra Bind in the All-India TATA Tiago Owners Membership club (ATOM club) on Facebook, with the following note:

Quote:

Plastic nut are broken in 50% Tiago pls.check yours also rubber boots of shockers are...
Tata Tiago : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-image2.jpg

Many other owners have also reported facing this same issue in their Tiagos as well.

Lends credibility to a claim of one of my vendor birdies who had reported this earlier:

Quote:

Margins are extremely thin for the Tiago/Tigor twins. Moreover, to keep prices competitive, poor quality steel and compromised child parts have been used in these cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4221826)
Attachment 1650449

Many other owners have also reported facing this same issue in their Tiagos as well.

Lends credibility to a claim of one of my vendor birdies who had reported this earlier:

If I'm not mistaken, the boot is covering the shocker inside it?
In many cars, the shockers are bare open. No boot on them at all. WagonR is one example I have seen. So I don't think its cost cutting in the Tiago by relativity. :)

And your post is in contrast to the very first points in the page 1 of official review :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 3887376)
The Tata Tiago has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 3.20 - 5.54 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Great styling. A very chic-looking hatchback at a value-for-money price!
• Tata has put in a lot of effort on quality and it shows. No signs of cost cutting at all
• Solid build & construction, unlike most of its flimsy competitors

• High quality, well-designed interiors. Lots of storage and a useful 242 liter boot too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4221849)
And your post is in contrast to the very first points in the page 1 of official review :D.

Official review tries to put the most unbiased and detailed judgement possible in the 1-2 days they get to sample and test the car. That cannot be more accurate than the actual ownership reports which are long term tests in comparison.

In the case of the Tiago, I'm sure the moderators as well as everyone else who sampled the car during test drives etc were impressed by the overall quality of the car, specially the interiors. But we can't expect them to inspect every child part underneath the car before writing the review, can we?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4221826)

I just hope is it limited to these two parts. I am too scared to check :Shockked:. In case it is defective, will TATA replace it ? what would be the next course of action?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4222002)
In the case of the Tiago, I'm sure the moderators as well as everyone else who sampled the car during test drives etc were impressed by the overall quality of the car, specially the interiors. But we can't expect them to inspect every child part underneath the car before writing the review, can we?

By the same measure, a rumour from a vendor is just that ... a rumour. A rubber boot or a plastic nut cracking are not evidence of cutting corners in manufacturing a car.

All car manufacturers have build quality related issues from time to time (Toyota with the Crysta and Honda too have had their share of build quality related issues and are documented on this forum). In most of those cases, if the manufacturer does right by the buyers, those niggles are forgiven (for the most part).

In my personal opinion, spreading malevolent rumours without much evidence leads us down the path of what happened to Toyota in the U.S. with the "unintended acceleration" fiasco, where Toyota paid through their nose for something that scientists later attributed to user error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girimajiananth (Post 4222052)
I just hope is it limited to these two parts. I am too scared to check :Shockked:. In case it is defective, will TATA replace it ? what would be the next course of action?

Nothing to be scared of here, both the parts are not major structural components or lead to serious issues/sudden failure. Just check the two things shown and if you find something amiss, take it in.