Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-95.html)

The Tiago's common spare parts and their prices, on display at the nearest Tata dealership:

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_6600.jpg

Nice way of communicating with the customers about how cheap and cost-effective the spare parts are.

In addition, these are the AMC/P2P prices listed for the various Tata cars. Note that the Storme's AMC packages are costlier than the Hexa, and the Bolt diesel is giving them a run for their money too!

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_6601.jpg

It's interesting to note that among Tata's newer products, a 4-year/60k km AMC is available on the Bolt & Zest, while the Storme & Hexa have it for 3 years/100k km, but the Tiago has it only for 2 years/30k km! Also, the Tiago's AMCs (both petrol & diesel) happen to be costlier than the Bolt's AMCs (both petrol & diesel).

Surprisingly, the Bolt diesel alone is listed again with a very expensive 4-year/105k km AMC, while the regular Bolt diesel's 4-year AMC is valid for a maximum of 60k km. Strange! The expensive contract may be an AMC applicable for yellow-board Bolt diesels. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4155833)

these are the AMC/P2P prices listed for the various Tata cars. Note that the Storme's AMC packages are costlier than the Hexa, and the Bolt diesel is giving them a run for their money to

Does this AMC in includes warranty also?

Tiago AMT has been launched at Rs 5.73 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and Rs 5.39 lakhs ex showroom Delhi.

Some more info:

Quote:

The Tiago Easy Shift AMT comes with four gear positions -- automatic, neutral, reverse and manual. In addition, it also comes with two drive modes -- sports and city -- for a peppy driving experience and city cruising.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/wir...g_8600761.html

Quote:

The Tiago AMT will be available in the XZA variant with the 1.2L 3 cylinder Revotron petrol engine.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...delhi/57492411

I wonder if this is the whole news; an AMT on only the top variant might not be the best strategy to get in the masses. As several Maruti cars have proved, AMT has been quite a hit with the Indian market and people will gladly line up for these variants. As someone said earlier, an AMT variant of XM and XZ could really tempt the masses. But again, supply constraints could be a factor as well.

I may be in the market for a hatch soon and the Tiago AMT is something I'm rooting for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4158260)
Tiago AMT has been launched at Rs 5.73 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai and Rs 5.39 lakhs ex showroom Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4158266)

Are these prices for the XZ or XT ?

Tata Motors today launched its hatchback Tiago with automated manual transmission (AMT), priced at Rs. 5.39 lakh (ex—showroom Delhi).

Only one XZA trim.

The Tiago AMT variant will be available across the country at the company’s over 597 sales outlets, Tata Motors said in a statement.

“Due to the continued good response to the Tiago, we are witnessing a month—on—month growth in the immensely competitive hatchback segment. The Tiago has been instrumental in the growth of Tata Motors’ brand across the passenger vehicle market,” said Mayank Pareek, Tata Motors President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit.

The company is confident that the new variant will further expand the market for Tata Motors.

The Tiago Easy Shift AMT comes with four gear positions —— automatic, neutral, reverse and manual. In addition, it also comes with two drive modes —— sports and city —— for a peppy driving experience and city cruising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4158269)
Are these prices for the XZ or XT ?

It will only be available in the XZ variant with the Revotron engine. Also comes in with sports mode and a much needed creep function as well.

This clearly shows that they have not really implemented quality in the true sense of the word. Every worker on the production line should be given the power to stop the line if things go wrong. Once this is properly implemented everyone believes in the management's talk on quality. Unless this happens quality remains a buzzword.

The dealer told me that Tata have gone ahead and raised the prices of Tiago Manual today.
And they have begun taking booking for AMT for Rs 11,000/- in Mumbai.

I guess AMT is great to have.

But why the low key soft launch ? Why no paper adverts ? Atleast adverts in metro cities could've been put across.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 4158659)
... Tata have gone ahead and raised the prices of Tiago Manual today.
And they have begun taking booking for AMT for Rs 11,000/- in Mumbai.

AFAIK this is Tiagos' 3rd price hike since launch. Notably, this is with Tigors' launch approaching soon.

So I guess it's the same way Renault did with 1.0L Kwid. Wonder if those who've booked earlier get any price protection.

What's the big deal with Tata's much hyped ethics/honesty etc, if they're following the same tricky pricing practices as other not so highly reputed market players ? What differentiates the Tata brand ?

The valid question to ponder, based on my ~7yrs experience with TASS is, what's the assurance that they won't make it a policy to continue such tricks when it comes to the ASC pricing post warranty & AMC ?

Anyway, my 2˘.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 4158673)
I guess AMT is great to have.

But why the low key soft launch ? Why no paper adverts ? Atleast adverts in metro cities could've been put across.

AFAIK this is Tiagos' 3rd price hike since launch. Notably, this is with Tigors' launch approaching soon.

So I guess it's the same way Renault did with 1.0L Kwid. Wonder if those who've booked earlier get any price protection.

What's the big deal with Tata's much hyped ethics/honesty etc, if they're following the same tricky pricing practices as other not so highly reputed market players ? What differentiates the Tata brand ?

The valid question to ponder, based on my ~7yrs experience with TASS is, what's the assurance that they won't make it a policy to continue such tricks when it comes to the ASC pricing post warranty & AMC ?

Anyway, my 2˘.

Simple - Tata as 'Tata' was not selling as expected.
While a lot of people here would 'like' the products and appreciate the efforts - the cash registers weren't exactly ringing.
So they went ahead and roped in people from Maruti & Hyundai.
Now - sales are improving - but at the cost of changing policies.
Perhaps it means - that strong ethics bring you respect - but not enough money.
Be 'flexible' - and you definitely get money. Once you have money - 'brand' follows.
As it is, what good was the 'respect' fetching them - except a few stupid loyal supporters (myself included) who had to (sooner or later) eat humble pie when they would goof up with either pricing, or launch dates or product design.

Not to mention the absolute turmoil they are going through in terms of management! TML management is plagued with problem after problem.

Anyways, the products are getting better and better. Designs definitely improving. Seem to be in the right direction. Consumers seem to appreciating that (Tiago sales, good sign?). Let's wait and watch if a Tata lifer can bring back the life into their principles and ethics - or does sales figures take priority over everything else.

Waiting eagerly for someone from Concorde to get in touch and accept booking amount for Tiago AMT.

The dimunitive little Tiago has racked up cumulative sales of over 50,000 units ever since it was launched back in April 2016.

Quote:

The Tiago has given a new fillip to overall sales; the company has increased its passenger car market share to 6.41 percent (111,500 units) from 5.44 percent (91,648 units) in the April 2015-January 2016 period.
Of the Tiago’s 50,000 sales, around 80 percent are for the petrol version, reflecting the overall shift towards petrol cars in the India market.
Well-sorted pricing, improved quality levels and an impressive features list saw demand surge for the Tiago and took Tata Motors by surprise. By August 2016, the car had over 30,000 bookings and a three- to four-month waiting period, compelling the company to add a second shift at its Sanand plant in a bid to ramp up production and reduce the waiting period.
The Tiago has, till now, averaged monthly sales of 3,936 units. September 2016 was the Tiago’s best month with 6,008 units going home to new buyers.
Autocar Professional

Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.

Concorde Motors says my booking is the 1st in Mumbai.
Maybe. Who knows.

Launch tomorrow.
Test drive in 10 days.
Delivery in 4 to 6 weeks.

No new colour options.
No discounts.

Opted for Zero Dep.
Yet to get prices of additional warranty and Gold AMC.

Standard is 2 years / 75,000 kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj (Post 4160660)
Booked Tiago XZA.
Sunburst Orange.

Concorde Motors says my booking is the 1st in Mumbai.
Maybe. Who knows.

Launch tomorrow.
Test drive in 10 days.
Delivery in 4 to 6 weeks.

No new colour options.
No discounts.

Opted for Zero Dep.
Yet to get prices of additional warranty and Gold AMC.

Standard is 2 years / 75,000 kms.

Isn't it launched already?

But anyway - maybe you could have waited for TIGOR as well ? 70-80k over and above Top end Tiago for TIGOR XZA would be a deal to watch out for i think.