Team-BHP - Tata Tiago : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/172150-tata-tiago-official-review-156.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedguy (Post 4624859)
I have got a call from Panchjanya Motors, Pune for 'updation' of roof lamp in my 2016 Tata Tiago XZ.

This has been going on for quite a while, at least a year. When I had gone for my Tiago's first free service in Sept '18, I saw a FSA active for roof lamp updation. Apparently, the entire unit is getting replaced.

Quote:

I have got a call from Panchjanya Motors, Pune for 'updation' of roof lamp in my 2016 Tata Tiago XZ.
There has been absolutely no issue regarding my roof lamp, nor I have raised any complaint.
Can anybody throw some light on it?

My Tiago brought in June 2016 and got the same update in June 2017 along with Fuel filler pipe assembly, free of charge.

Many initial Tiago buyers have got the same update in early 2017 even without any complaint by the owner

Ask your SA if they are still doing Fuel filler pipe assembly update

Quote:

I have got a call from Panchjanya Motors, Pune for 'updation' of roof lamp in my 2016 Tata Tiago XZ. Upon asking why, executive said my vehicle's chassis number is selected by Tata Motors & it is a 'must' update.
I hesitantly agreed, but I am not convinced yet. There has been absolutely no issue regarding my roof lamp, nor I have raised any complaint.

Is there an official 'Recall' notice from TML? Generally such repairs are part of recall, which means that the suspected faulty part may cause serious damage, injury to occupants or functionality is not ensured if not repaired.

The recall notice could be based on series of issues customers reported and Tata has then found the root cause for this problem or they found this issue during their internal validation (could be supplier issues or internal) and want to repair the problems before the issue could occur on road.

Nevertheless, such issue will not be on 1 or 2 cars. Generally the whole production batch would have been affected. I found this post which is same as your issue much earlier identified. You would be one of the last owners to get this replacement almost after 2 year :Frustrati

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4259346

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneToughRider (Post 4620781)
I just completed 1L on my tiago diesel 2016 XT model.

Great.
Could you share more about your overall ownership experience during these 1 Lakh kms?
Service Quality?
Cost?
Fuel Efficiency figures.

Quote:

So yesterday I got my car picked up by Panchjanya Motors' executive.
Upon checking service history, ECU updates, Infotainment updates & washing is carried out.
After driving, vehicle feels same so nothing to worry about any deterioration in performance. It was well executed & planned update with continuous calls to me regarding status. Well done Panchjanya & TML. :thumbs up.
Thanks to all the members here on this forum also who replied to my earlier query.

July 2015 bought a Nano Twist for wife. She had just learned driving with her daily drive being 20kms (to and fro from school). In the last 4 years, the sweet little thing completed 25k in July 2019 and we were pretty satisfied.

Seeing huge discounts, I started window shopping with upgrades being Grand i10, Tiago, Ford Freestyle, Ford Figo, Ignis, Celerio, Swift

Swift - Completely negated by wife and kids due to low seating
Ford Figo - Current low sales got this one crossed off the list
Ford Freestyle - Was going out of budget for feature list
Ignis - Too cramped at the price point and the interiors looked too weird
Celerio - Absolute no-no. Seeing it for ages with no changes
Grand i10 and Tiago came on the same day, same time for a test drive. That gave wife an opportunity to compare both together and me to negotiate better.

Finally, wife and kids liked the Tiago over Grand i10 due to better rear seat comfort, better driving dynamics and superb brakes of the Tiago.

Back and forth negotiations and the deal was signed for Tiago. Tata offered me a very sweet deal for the Nano. Finalized the XZ variant in Red and since the color was not in stock, it was ordered on 24th with a higher booking amount. Car arrived on 30th and took delivery on the 4th of August. That's how the garage looks now. Both painted in Red

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 (Post 4635006)
July 2015 bought a Nano Twist for wife. She had just learned driving with her daily drive being 20kms (to and fro from school). In the last 4 years, the sweet little thing completed 25k in July 2019 and we were pretty satisfied.

Seeing huge discounts, I started window shopping with upgrades being Grand i10, Tiago, Ford Freestyle, Ford Figo, Ignis, Celerio, Swift

Swift - Completely negated by wife and kids due to low seating
Ford Figo - Current low sales got this one crossed off the list
Ford Freestyle - Was going out of budget for feature list
Ignis - Too cramped at the price point and the interiors looked too weird
Celerio - Absolute no-no. Seeing it for ages with no changes
Grand i10 and Tiago came on the same day, same time for a test drive. That gave wife an opportunity to compare both together and me to negotiate better.

Finally, wife and kids liked the Tiago over Grand i10 due to better rear seat comfort, better driving dynamics and superb brakes of the Tiago.

Back and forth negotiations and the deal was signed for Tiago. Tata offered me a very sweet deal for the Nano. Finalized the XZ variant in Red and since the color was not in stock, it was ordered on 24th with a higher booking amount. Car arrived on 30th and took delivery on the 4th of August. That's how the garage looks now. Both painted in Red

Attachment 1903529

Congratulations on your latest purchase!
Very happy to see someone who also owns both Vitara Brezza and Tiago just like me. :)
My XZA completed 1 year just last week and has been serving us well, I wish you lots of happy miles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4636279)
Very happy to see someone who also owns both Vitara Brezza and Tiago just like me. :)
My XZA completed 1 year just last week and has been serving us well, I wish you lots of happy miles.

After one year of ownership what is the mileage figure you are seeing on Tiago? I have completed 3 months and getting around 12.5 to 13 kmpl for pure Bangalore city driving with T2T method after 2200 km on odo. Also any issues that caused trouble to you?
I am asking all these since have a serious doubt on problem solving ability of Tata service center staff. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4636284)
After one year of ownership what is the mileage figure you are seeing on Tiago? I have completed 3 months and getting around 12.5 to 13 kmpl for pure Bangalore city driving with T2T method after 2200 km on odo. Also any issues that caused trouble to you?
I am asking all these since have a serious doubt on problem solving ability of Tata service center staff. :)

In city traffic I am unable to extract more than 12kmpl sadly. In highway usage, I am able to extract up to 17-18kmpl sometimes in my driving style but even then my father hardly ever gets above 12kmpl. My car is due for third service which I will get done tomorrow and ODO is currently at 12500 km.

For issues, the AC blower noise has increased and not throwing much air out, probably filter has choked. There are a few minor rattles and for some reason, the speed sensing door auto lock is not working since a few days. I will get these sorted during service and update it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4636290)
In city traffic I am unable to extract more than 12kmpl sadly. In highway usage, I am able to extract up to 17-18kmpl sometimes in my driving style but even then my father hardly ever gets above 12kmpl. My car is due for third service which I will get done tomorrow and ODO is currently at 12500 km.

Of all the petrol cars I have owned from Nano to Honda City AT, The highest mileage figure with AC I could extract in city was 15 kmpl (Nano). Honda City gives me anywhere between 9-12 kmpl in city depending on driving. IMO, the mileage you are getting is very genuine.

Need some information on the cost of right hand side mirror of Tiago.
Yesterday evening a 2 wheeler moron broke my RHS mirror and got away. It was a crowded street and I could not get a chance to stop as well. He was in speed and was making zip-zap movements to pass in the crowd. His bike handle hit the RHS mirror and broke it. I stopped a bit ahead to inspect the damage and found that only the glass was broken and missing. It fell off on the impact and I could not get it back since by the time I walked back to the impact location it was gone (what else we can expect from Indian pedestrians). After checking the power mirror operations on broken mirror I did not see any movement of the parts, looks like even the moving motors are dead. Left side mirror works fine.
Now I have a few choices here; surely nobody will give me only the glass and I have to buy the full unit. Mine is Tiago NRG and the mirror container is in piano black. I may need to get the new one painted as well since it could be with rough plastic appearance. Will I get only the RHS mirror or I have to buy both side mirrors here? Also should I go with insurance or pay from pocket? Any idea on how much it will cost? A real bad way of ending the weekend with a brand new car :Frustrati. Happy with only one thing: that moron did not scratch the car body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4636851)
Will I get only the RHS mirror or I have to buy both side mirrors here? Also should I go with insurance or pay from pocket? Any idea on how much it will cost?

Yep, you can get just the RHS mirror. If you go to the A.S.S., you'd have to get the whole assembly. Try visiting a garage if they can fix just the motor for you; unlikely but worth a try. PS: I got the motor of my Corsa fixed at some shop on JC Road many years ago.

A very ballpark figure but you might end up spending at least 5k ish on the new mirror: the whole assembly (including the painting). May not be worth claiming Insurance considering the mandatory charges and loss of NCB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4636279)

Thanks a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4636284)

I am currently getting around 15 when I drive, and ~17 when my wife drives in Chandigarh. I am a little heavy right footer, and the car asks for upshifts within the 2k RPM range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4636900)
Yep, you can get just the RHS mirror. If you go to the A.S.S., you'd have to get the whole assembly. Try visiting a garage if they can fix just the motor for you; unlikely but worth a try. PS: I got the motor of my Corsa fixed at some shop on JC Road many years ago.

A very ballpark figure but you might end up spending at least 5k ish on the new mirror: the whole assembly (including the painting). May not be worth claiming Insurance considering the mandatory charges and loss of NCB.

When I asked the service guy for an upgrade from XZ side mirrors to XZ+ with side indicators, he mentioned 4500 for 2 without painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4636900)

It was quoted as 4.3K without painting for full assembly. Not sure if painting is needed for Piano black finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4637604)
Not sure if painting is needed for Piano black finish.

Yes; it will be required. All the parts, be it metal parts like doors or plastic parts like bumpers and mirrors, come un-painted. They are then painted at the A.S.S. Bodyshop.