Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAneesh (Post 4519077)
I fixed the Center Arm Rest (Genuine Accessory) on my ZDI while taking delivery in Feb 2017. It cost me Rs. 3090(including taxes). And they gave me the removed plastic piece (with cup holders).

Got the armrest fixed for my Brezza ZDi as well. Makes a big difference while driving, got a useful closed space to keep wallet and also visually fills out an empty space between the front seats.

MRP quoted is Rs 3800/- now, but finally paid Rs 3000/-.

Now, next step is to upgrade the audio system. The sound quality is bad, to say the least. Does the HU have RCA Pre-out? Can it be retained and speakers upgraded for a better quality or is the HU so bad that it cant drive even the existing speakers well?

Do the current owners of the Brezza feel the need for an headlight upgrade? If yes, what are the options?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel lover (Post 4520765)
Do the current owners of the Brezza feel the need for an headlight upgrade? If yes, what are the options?

I upgraded the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus and thereafter to Micro XP Fogs from Xenon Planet. Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4192362

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 (Post 4352505)
After a few minor niggles here & there during two years of ownership, I have started facing not-so minor issue. Bhpians input will be much appreciated.

Hi bhavik.1991, is there any update on this issue? Did you face it again or has this been resolved to your satisfaction by MASS guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel lover (Post 4523014)
Hi bhavik.1991, is there any update on this issue? Did you face it again or has this been resolved to your satisfaction by MASS guys?

Hey Diesel lover,

The issue has completely disappeared now. After facing it for a few weeks, I removed floor mats and cleaned the area around pedals. I drove the car without mats for couple of days & reinstalled the same mats. It works fine for a few months now. Not sure, what was the reason behind the issue.

I Test Drove a Vitara ZDi+ for my manager yesterday. We were all so 'meh' after driving it. I didn't even feel like experimenting with RPMs, gears, handling etc. The interiors reminded us of our old Swifts and Wagon Rs while the TD car rattled away. There was sand on the carpets. The hard ride and the road noise filtering in at 30 Kmph was felt too.

The Nexon which we TD'd the day before yesterday was in a different league as a product.

Even if the TD car was ill-maintained and is the culprit here, Maruti comes off like an arrogant hunk and its customers seem like pretty girls; all the hunk has to do is show up and not make an effort to please or impress the girl. I doubt if my manager will book a Brezza even though he likes its height and tall-person friendly ergonomics...

I completed a 1600+ km road trip spread over 4 days. With this trip I completed 10,000 km on ODO. The highlight of this trip was, I completed 761 km in a single day - Bangalore->Salem-<Madurai->Srivilliputhur->Rajapalayam->Tenkasi and back to Madurai the same day. I felt really confident and less stressful to drive my Brezza compared to my previous cars - WagonR, Nano and Alto.

The higher stance of the car gives a commanding view of the road. The driver seat is really comfortable and I didn't feel any discomfort. My parents who are senior citizens and my 4 yrs old son also enjoyed the trip. We did take breaks to make everyone comfortable. Overall, I just wanted to say I am enjoying my ownership of Brezza. Tomorrow I will give it for 3rd service. Hope it goes well. I am planning to fit fog lamps if available at my preferred dealer.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-20190113_100957.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-20190116_071331.jpg

This email screenshot is a forward from a friend. If anyone is facing similar kind of problem then get it rectified.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-brezza-cluster-problem.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sairamboko (Post 4528875)
Tomorrow I will give it for 3rd service. Hope it goes well. I am planning to fit fog lamps if available at my preferred dealer.

The 10k KM's service was smooth. Got the fog lamps fitted. Tyres rotated- I am doing rotation every 5000kms because of Bangalore roads. Got alignment and balancing done too. Could have opted this outside but since it's a lease car, I can claim the service bill for tax benefits. Overall bill came to 7000INR including fog lamps.

Hi Guys, Bought a ZDI+ AMT in December. So far, it's been a pleasure to drive. There is a mild jarring sound from the front speakers. I don't know if I replace the stock spacer with a wooden one, whether that will reduce the jarring or not. Has anyone upgraded the stock speakers?. If yes, please drop your recommendation. I have no plan to change the stock HU. I was also considering 3M acoustic solution, has anyone tried that yet? My previous ride had sound dynamat and it did help to extract good output from the speakers.

Hello members, is there a way to stream youtube content to smart play infotainment system? I am using Android Auto but still unable to do so. Maybe I am missing out something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel lover (Post 4534126)
Hello members, is there a way to stream youtube content to smart play infotainment system? I am using Android Auto but still unable to do so. Maybe I am missing out something.

You cannot play YouTube videos on screen using Android Auto even when parked and with hand brakes put. It's a deterrent by Google to prevent distraction. There are some walk around apps like Carstream or something but Google is quite active, it keeps on updating it's apps to prevent such stuff. You can use it with screen mirroring though I guess. Not sure about it as I haven't used screen mirroring.

I had my Brezza serviced end of September 2018 and reported 'Steering Noise' issue with MASS. This was the 30K service. They checked and reported some busing noise as it was very prominent at both ends of the steering circle, not so much in the center. After repairs the car was noise free.

Few days ago, the noise creeped up again. This time it was more than earlier but mind you, there was no issues with handling of the car. A Team-BHP article listed the chassis numbers that could have this issue. My car's chassis number was amongst the listed numbers.

Reported to MASS and they sent an engineer next day to my place. Tested a lots of things, took pics, videos of steering noise etc. MASS engineer said he will report to Maruti Suzuki and update me in a few days. Happy to update that MASS ordered the complete New Steering Wheel Assembly and got it changed absolutely FREE of cost for me. My car is 2.5 years old and no more in warranty, they tagged it as 'Good Will' in the bill and charged nothing. As a precautionary measure, I got the alignment, balancing and tyre rotation done (of-course that was chargeable). The entire process took around 10 days, 8 days to order and receive the part and 2 days for changing/replacing.

Its 35K on the ODO meter and have driven around 200 Kms after the replacement. All look and feel good.

I am sure this is one reason why Maruti is rated so high in After Sales and Customer Service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnijit (Post 4535783)
I am sure this is one reason why Maruti is rated so high in After Sales and Customer Service.

Yes. I agree with your statement. However, it looks like your Brezza was one of the cases of faulty steering's silent recall. Have a look at this Thread.

Quote:

According to an email to its service centres, Maruti has stated that if any customer reports sticky movement of the steering along with an abnormal noise, the steering column assembly should be replaced free of cost. An additional extended warranty of 3 years will be provided on the replaced steering column assembly for a total of 2+3 = 5 years.
Did you receive an extended warranty of 3 years for the replaced steering column assembly?

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza likely to get Suzuki's 1.2L Turbo petrol engine.

Quote:

The new engine will be slotted between the K10C and the K14C motors in the parent company’s motor family. It will like come equipped with the company’s SHVS mild hybrid technology that should help the motor deliver a great fuel efficiency.
Link