Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-105.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 4624582)
I just picked up a used Brezza ZDI AGS and was wondering if I can get the driver arm rest fitted which comes standard with the ZDI+ variant.

Also what is the expected FE of the Brezza AGS? I have only driven around 50kms so far, most of it in traffic and the FE as per the car is 12 kmpl, which is rather low. I of-course intend to evaluate it properly with the tank full method.

Yes, you can get the armrest fitted. I did the same on my ZDI, coz that was the only feature I really wanted from the ZDI+. Cost me around 2.5k including fitting, coz I got a small discount on it. Pricing might be different now.

Fuel efficiency depends on the traffic situation you encounter. If you want to compare, please do so with someone driving in same conditions as you. It can vary wildly between places.

We recently purchased the Vitara Brezza Zdi plus AGS, Silver colour, for father, replacing his older 2013 Ritz Zdi. We had to finalise between Vitara Brezza AGS/AMT and Hyundai Venue DCT, decided to go with the Brezza, and are quite satisfied with our decision. It feels good to have the features like rear wash and wipe, split folding rear seat, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, more storage spaces like double glove boxes, one cooled, passenger side underseat storage, which are all missing in the Venue, some are critical like rear wash and wipe. Overall it feels a lot more spacious than the Venue, and the bonus is the marvellous fuel economy, on the first highway trip of around 500km, it returned around 23kmpl, measured using tankful to tankful method, at a speed of 90-100kmph. We saved more than 1 lac, in the on road price, as compared to the price of the venue, and it will also save on the running cost. As regards to the Amt, it is much more refined, compared to the earlier versions of other amt cars from Maruti. You just need to get used to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsratta (Post 4628201)
We recently purchased the Vitara Brezza Zdi plus AGS, Silver colour, for father, replacing his older 2013 Ritz Zdi. We had to finalise between Vitara Brezza AGS/AMT and Hyundai Venue DCT, decided to go with the Brezza, and are quite satisfied with our decision. It feels good to have the features like rear wash and wipe, split folding rear seat, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, more storage spaces like double glove boxes, one cooled, passenger side underseat storage, which are all missing in the Venue, some are critical like rear wash and wipe. Overall it feels a lot more spacious than the Venue, and the bonus is the marvellous fuel economy, on the first highway trip of around 500km, it returned around 23kmpl, measured using tankful to tankful method, at a speed of 90-100kmph. We saved more than 1 lac, in the on road price, as compared to the price of the venue, and it will also save on the running cost. As regards to the Amt, it is much more refined, compared to the earlier versions of other amt cars from Maruti. You just need to get used to it.

Brezza is really amazing. I have driven a few 100s of kms. But looking at the future I wonder how they are going to continue for BS6 norms both with price point of bigger diesel engine and keeping current BS4 diesel engines good with BS6 fuel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4628336)
Brezza is really amazing. I have driven a few 100s of kms. But looking at the future I wonder how they are going to continue for BS6 norms both with price point of bigger diesel engine and keeping current BS4 diesel engines good with BS6 fuel?

They have the 1.5 diesel, and it will be offered in BS6, there are reports about this in the dedicated sections of team bhp. Regarding the BS6 fuel in the BS4 engines, there are no issues at all. The DDIS 200 or the Fiat multijet 1248 cc engine is an ultra reliable mill, millions are on road, there won’t be any issues, you can trust MSIL, for the availability of spares, for 15 years, after the vehicle or the engine is discontinued. Spares for Zen, Esteem etc are still easily available. Vitara Brezza has been sold in far more numbers, as compared to these models.

Guys, wish to know about Brezza's ride quality from a owner's perspective! Have seen plenty of comments outside Team Bhp about Brezza's stiff ride quality. I just wish to know how harsh it is when compared to something like the previous gen swift, Polo or the German cars!

I am not looking for Hexa like comfort since Diesel auto options are limited in the 10-12L price range. Brezza ticks most of the boxes except for the ride part!

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4632028)
I am not looking for Hexa like comfort since Diesel auto options are limited in the 10-12L price range. Brezza ticks most of the boxes except for the ride part!

Is XUV300 AMT an option? It has better power and ride. Much lesser turbo lag AND far better NVH control.

Most importantly, it has a uniquely designed gear shifter that is quite intelligently laid out. In other AMT shifters changing from manual mode to neutral means 2 shifts (manual to drive, drive to neutral). It seems to be simpler and more convenient in XUV300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4632324)
Is TUV300 AMT an option? It has better power and ride. Much lesser turbo lag AND far better NVH control.

Most importantly, it has a uniquely designed gear shifter that is quite intelligently laid out. In other AMT shifters changing from manual mode to neutral means 2 shifts (manual to drive, drive to neutral). It seems tobe simpler and more convenient in TUV300.

I did check it out, but W8 AMT was close to whooping 14L on road! One more problem is the speculation of AMT being a stop gap setup before mating the BS6 engine with a TC unit.

Nexon was not considered since I already have a Tata Tigor AMT at home.

Edit: If the 1.5 Diesel update doesn't get auto-box, then 1.3 too would be a good option, just curious about the suspension setup and most of the TD cars won't tell the whole story! Hence my query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4632327)
I did check it out, but W8 AMT was close to whooping 14L on road!

He said TUV 300, not XUV 300.

The TUV variants are T4 T6 T8 and T10
The XUV variants are W4 W6 W8 etc.

I hope you're not confusing the two.

Quote:

Guys, wish to know about Brezza's ride quality from a owner's perspective!

Brezza's suspension is neither too stiff nor soft. It does it's job quite well. If tyre pressure is maintained properly, you won't have much problems. I find it suitable for most of the roads, can be jarring on very rough patches but if decent speed is maintained, doesn't cause much of problem. Mine is a manual ZDi+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeonovitch (Post 4632331)

Yes, I did get confused stupid: in my defence TUV 300's AMT has been recently discontinued, hence XUV is the only AMT offering from them right now.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...continued.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4632359)
Brezza's suspension is neither too stiff nor soft. It does it's job quite well. If tyre pressure is maintained properly, you won't have much problems. I find it suitable for most of the roads, can be jarring on very rough patches but if decent speed is maintained, doesn't cause much of problem. Mine is a manual ZDi+.

Good to know, primary reason for my purchase is to tackle bad roads with 5 people on board. Hellbent on auto since I might do 50 to 250+km of commute on a single day depending on my work. Just need to wait for the specs of the facelift and take the plunge!

Anymore inputs would be a welcome too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeonovitch (Post 4632331)

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4632451)
Yes, I did get confused stupid: in my defence TUV 300's AMT has been recently discontinued, hence XUV is the only AMT offering from them right now.

stupid:
Sorry guys, in meant XUV300 indeed. I think i was sleepy that early in the morning and said TUV by mistake. Please excuse. I have reported the post above to make a correction.

Guys, found some news about Brezza petrol launch. Speculation is launch is expected by end of August 2019. One report says launch by 20th August.

One question though. What will happen if someone buys the current BS4 car, will he be able to sell it a few years down the line after BS6 comes into play?

Even if one buys BS6 engine now does it get registered as BS6 or BS4? And if it is BS4, is it possible to get it updated after BS6 comes into effect? Will it cause any future issues while selling?

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...soon-23977.htm
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...4401/#leadform
https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...-august/449353

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideRanger (Post 4632674)
One question though. What will happen if someone buys the current BS4 car, will he be able to sell it a few years down the line after BS6 comes into play?

It won't be a problem. The cars can still be sold legally in used car market. The regulations apply only for new manufacture and fresh 1st registration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideRanger (Post 4632674)
Even if one buys BS6 engine now does it get registered as BS6 or BS4? And if it is BS4, is it possible to get it updated after BS6 comes into effect? Will it cause any future issues while selling?

As a BS6. However, the RC itself doesn't mention the emissions norm compliance at all. Regardless, no issues for resale.

The journey of MS Vitara Brezza...

~Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza clocked*4.5 Lakh units sales by July 2019.
~ Launched in March 2016, it has been dethroned by Hyundai Venue from No.1 slot from July 2019.
~ July 2019: 5302 units are its lowest sale numbers from launch in 2016
~ Facelift & Petrol Brezza with the 1.5-liter engine is expected by Auto-Expo 2020.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-68687333_3207076682650722_1806147139399581696_n.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-69472095_3207076679317389_8003975317658009600_n.jpg

Image Courtesy: Dr. Mohd Parvez from " The X-Roaders*" BOG ( Brezza Owner's Group).

Quote:

Guys, wish to know about Brezza's ride quality from a owner's perspective! Have seen plenty of comments outside Team Bhp about Brezza's stiff ride quality. I just wish to know how harsh it is when compared to something like the previous gen swift, Polo or the German cars!

I know this is little late , but yes brezza's ride quality is definitely stiff when compared to swift, baleno, Chevy spark etc. And this is my only complaint regarding brezza, the turbo lag mentioned in many reviews doesn't bother me, but the ride quality is below average in rough roads. I changed my tires from appolo to Micheline 3st to improve ride quality but the improvement is marginal but road noise reduced considerably. I have 13k run zdi+