Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-52.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydevil (Post 4011040)
Booked it on Apr 22nd . Tentative delivery date was 22 Oct 16 during the booking.

Hey dude, Can you tell me from which dealer you have booked Brezza in Bangalore?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 4014093)
unfortunately the right rear fender lining is missing from the car. Cost of the same is Rs 850.

Sorry for you mate. Just out of curiosity, can you post some pics of the damage? Because am wondering how the fender cost is so less, because as far as I understand - a fender is the metal part above the wheel and wondering what you actually meant. Please don't mistake me, as am not micking you please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 4015134)
Please don't mistake me, as am not micking you please:

He is talking about the fender lining, the black mat type material you see above your tyres in the wheel well which helps controlling the tyre noise.
As you say, a fender can not be so cheap but in his case, the fender is fine, only the fender lining was torn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramaero (Post 4012735)
When did you book the car? I also booked red Zdi. But I know I have to wait for long time:Frustrati

Long time is an understatement.

I booked the car on 14th June. Exactly a month back. Not expecting it before September.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 4015143)
He is talking about the fender lining, the black mat type material you see above your tyres in the wheel well which helps controlling the tyre noise.
As you say, a fender can not be so cheap but in his case, the fender is fine, only the fender lining was torn.

:D Sorry, I missed "lining" while reading (oversight) :Frustrati Sorry and Thanks for the clarification

So it's been close to a month since we took delivery of our Silver Vitara brezza ZDI and we are coming up on a 1000km. First servicing was done which comprised of cleaning the car and general check up. Until now, I have been limiting the rpm to under 2000 rpm, was wondering if I can increase the rpm range before every gear shift or still stay under 2000 rpm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit (Post 4016418)
So it's been close to a month since we took delivery of our Silver Vitara brezza ZDI and we are coming up on a 1000km. First servicing was done which comprised of cleaning the car and general check up. Until now, I have been limiting the rpm to under 2000 rpm, was wondering if I can increase the rpm range before every gear shift or still stay under 2000 rpm

Ride on buddy. Now is the time you can take it on the ORR and let those 90 horses pull the Brezza.

Enjoy!

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza and Baleno sustain the momentum on its bookings, waiting period rises,
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture.jpg

Source

Vitara Brezza crosses the 95,000 mark in terms of bookings. Current deliveries backlog count stands at 68,000 resulting into a 8 month waiting period.

It is learnt that being cash cow models, MSIL has prioritized the production of Vitara brezza and Baleno over older models.

Source

Did my first long weekend drive in Brezza - Delhi - Kasauli - Delhi.

Distance : 640 (540 expressways + 100 hills)
Fuel Consumed : 34.9L
FE : 18.3Kmpl
AC : 100% (It was raining and there were puddles everywhere hence couldn't drive with windows open, despite being on the hills)

A couple observations (+ve and -ve):
* Didn't feel the car to be underpowered at any section, but to be fair there weren't any steep sections. I still need to test this out to give a verdict.
* At one point I didn't realize I was driving at 120+, one glance at the speedometer and I slowed down, and kept on checking the speedometer to keep speed in check.
* No complaints about the music system, The addition of tweeters from Zdi+ did the magic.
* The NVH at 100Kmph was on the higher side. Thanks to the music system, we didn't feel this once the music was switched on.
* The handling was very smooth, and very swift like. Gave confidence on those curvy roads. I oversteered at one curve though, and my front left wheels were about to get off the road. I made a quick steering correction, and she obliged without a fuss.
* Due to the ongoing maintenance work on NH5, there were quite a few bad stretches made worse by the rainfall. Brezza rode through these stretches very smoothly with minimal intrusion in the cabin
* There was a stretch on Himalayan Expressway where water was flowing perpendicular on the expressway. I went over that stretch at about 90Kmpl as I couldn't see the water in front because of two SUVs in front of me. I felt loss of control for a fraction of a second. That perhaps was the scariest moment of the whole drive. Nobody else in the car even had an idea of what I went through because it was just a fraction of a second.

Quote:

Originally Posted by texens (Post 4017660)
* No complaints about the music system, The addition of tweeters from Zdi+ did the magic.
* The NVH at 100Kmph was on the higher side. Thanks to the music system, we didn't feel this once the music was switched on.

Does the rear door-pad vibrate on mid-high volumes.?
i felt it in the new Swift and disconnected the same and used 2 Blaupunkt speakers on the parcel tray.
:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysak (Post 4017663)
Does the rear door-pad vibrate on mid-high volumes.?
i felt it in the new Swift and disconnected the same and used 2 Blaupunkt speakers on the parcel tray.
:Frustrati

No, Luckily I haven't had any such problems. Did you take this up with your MASS? If this is a common problem, they might have had some solutions for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by texens (Post 4017667)
No, Luckily I haven't had any such problems. Did you take this up with your MASS? If this is a common problem, they might have had some solutions for you.

I have told them before but they didn't mind, as usual.
They said its common as the speakers are in the door-pad.

Good to know Brezza doesn't have that issue. Waiting for my ZDi+

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysak (Post 4017670)
Waiting for my ZDi+

Could someone please share the OTR price of ZDi+ in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by texens (Post 4017660)
Did my first long weekend drive in Brezza - Delhi - Kasauli - Delhi.

There was a stretch on Himalayan Expressway where water was flowing perpendicular on the expressway. I went over that stretch at about 90Kmpl as I couldn't see the water in front because of two SUVs in front of me. I felt loss of control for a fraction of a second. That perhaps was the scariest moment of the whole drive. Nobody else in the car even had an idea of what I went through because it was just a fraction of a second.

Loss of control over wer roads is generally due to hydroplaning or aquaplaning. This is a risky situation.

Wikipedia explains the hydroplaning as follows:
Aquaplaning or hydroplaning by the tires of a road vehicle, aircraft or other wheeled vehicle occurs when a layer of water builds between the wheels of the vehicle and the road surface, leading to a loss of traction that prevents the vehicle from responding to control inputs. If it occurs to all wheels simultaneously, the vehicle becomes, in effect, an uncontrolled sled.

New tyres of your car shall not aquaplane at 80-90 kmph. Maybe, it was just a temporary loss of traction due to wet surface.

There is enough information on the forum about this. You can go through a similar experience of another member at same speed:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post1371771