Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik (Post 4042366)
Well, in the coastal areas yes this is a normal thing and we have to take extra precautions to keep the rust off the bay. But something like this in bangalore and when the car is used everyday since it's purchased seems to be a bit alarming.

I live in Ahmedabad, it's a non-coastal area still there was rusting on those dusters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 4041511)
As far as my knowledge goes, this is a mandatory safety feature (In Europe/USA & Other developed countries) during an impact. The technology is designed to activate the wipers during a crash and thus helping the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by clearing the windshield from dust/water/mud/ whatever slush. So I assume the force in which your vehicle goes through the pot hole is creating an alert system and is clearing the windshield. Then since there is no further input of an impact, the wiper turns off.

This is interesting.
I think they should have used the same crash sensors to activate wipers as the ones which are used to deploy airbags.

Also, if they are triggered by misunderstanding a pot hole jerk as crash, they shouldn't be stop after a single wipe. Because I assume the safety feature to help the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by wiping windshield would continue wiping windshield after the crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 (Post 4044075)
This is interesting.
I think they should have used the same crash sensors to activate wipers as the ones which are used to deploy airbags.

Also, if they are triggered by misunderstanding a pot hole jerk as crash, they shouldn't be stop after a single wipe. Because I assume the safety feature to help the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by wiping windshield would continue wiping windshield after the crash.

Yes, in actual crash the wiper goes on and the senitivity for wiper and airbag activation are different.

What I meant is that in your scenario, after the initial jerk there is no further input for the system to recognize it as a crash. For e.x. After locking your car, try kicking the tyres a bit harder. The Autocop system senses some vibration adn the blinkers blinks once, then since the input is not sufficient enough to declare as a theft it stops. My car in India used to even honk and blink once when I lean on it with force lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 4041511)
As far as my knowledge goes, this is a mandatory safety feature (In Europe/USA & Other developed countries) during an impact. The technology is designed to activate the wipers during a crash and thus helping the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by clearing the windshield from dust/water/mud/ whatever slush. So I assume the force in which your vehicle goes through the pot hole is creating an alert system and is clearing the windshield. Then since there is no further input of an impact, the wiper turns off.

Can you provide more details of this?

As far as I know the reason you see wipers turning on in many crashes is because the wiper stalk gets pushed by the airbag/driver's knee. I doubt if it is a deliberate "feature" that clears the windshield after a crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4043838)
I do not advice you to drive inside city with roof top lights. You will easily attract the cops and fines have increased drastically now. Also it would glare oncoming traffic.

Yes thats correct Dr., but my intention is just to improve the aesthetics. I have seen many Boleros and Scorpios in Bangalore with this and looks very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 4044277)
Can you provide more details of this?

As far as I know the reason you see wipers turning on in many crashes is because the wiper stalk gets pushed by the airbag/driver's knee. I doubt if it is a deliberate "feature" that clears the windshield after a crash.

This happened in one my colleagues Automatic Polo. She kept the car in Neutral and she forgot the Handbrakes and came out of the car. The car started rolling front and hit a barrier in our office parking lot. The airbags were not deployed, no one in the car and the wiper turned on. The wipers stopped only after the key was removed

When we had a discussion, the German colleagues said it is a standard feature in the latest cars for the past 10-15 years. So what I said is based on what I heard and saw in person. Even am looking for some articles on this but nothing available in internet. Even am looking for more info on this, will keep fellow BHPians posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 4045888)
This happened in one my colleagues Automatic Polo. She kept the car in Neutral and she forgot the Handbrakes and came out fo the car. The car started rolling front and hit a barrier in our office parking lot. The airbags were not deployed, no one in the car and the wiper turned on. The wipers stopped only after the key was removed

When we had a discussion, the German colleagues said it is a standard feature in the latest cars for the past 10-15 years. So what I said is based on what I heard and saw in person. Even am looking for some articles on this but nothing available in internet. Even am looking for more info on this, will keep fellow BHPians posted

I've read somewhere that it is a safety feature internationally and the auto wiper needs to start whether it's rain or murder or even dust and is also triggered by potholes that can splash something that can hamper visibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik (Post 4039868)
So, my tire ran flat and the valve was also broken. While getting it fixed, I encountered this on my front right wheel, the image is horrendous and I am really concerned looking at the state of it! There is rust all over and the SA say's it normal and they will clean it out during the service and there is nothing to be worried about! :Shockked:

I am really concerned, did any of you notice something similar?

Don't worry. That's not abnormal. All cast iron parts have that problem and most cars show that problem. If you dont like it you can get it painted black. I did that in my Duster.

Came across a Vitara Brezza and a LR Discovery Sport, pics were clicked by my friend from a moving car. Brezza's rear seems to be heavily inspired by the Discovery Sport IMHO, both looked strikingly similar. I always thought it was Evoque that inspired Brezza's design. Maybe they all look same now a days!
Gone are the days when car designers really took pride in designing cars and giving every car it's own distinct character. It's all down to copy & paste the crowd favourite taste and roll it down the mill now.
Maruti Suzuki has done it with Ford Figo inspired Alto 800 and now Brezza inspired by Evoque/ Discovery.
Mahindra's sales representative would proudly tell you that their TUV 300 is a Evoque look alike though to me it looks more like a Jeep inspired design.
The Volkswagen line up right from Polo to Passat all look too similar to each other although the design language is original.
Next gen Hyundai cars have a front grill almost identical to the Audi.
Let's not start with whats happening in China. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrongturn (Post 4047807)
Came across a Vitara Brezza and a LR Discovery Sport, pics were clicked by my friend from a moving car. Brezza's rear seems to be heavily inspired by the Discovery Sport IMHO, both looked strikingly similar. I always thought it was Evoque that inspired Brezza's design. Maybe they all look same now a days!

You're spot on! Thanks for the pictures. The tail lamps, rear bumper and windshield are looking very similar with the only difference being the rear quarter glass. Now-a-days it has become common for manufactures to imitate the design of outer shell. As long as it carries some unique feel and don't resemble like a clone, that's fine.

Folks,

I received my brezza back from the 2nd service (odo read 5800kms) couple of days back. Dealer: Kiran Motors, Ahmedabad

Following are the points I asked MASS to sort out. The development on the last one is very interesting.
My car is from the early batch (got delivery in April, haven't bothered to check Mfg date as it was announced only a month back when I purchase).

Brezza surely has got fair share of niggles. MASS is also not living up to the expectations as well. :deadhorse

Other Info regarding the service: Service cost: 0rs. Asked SE to check availability of auto dimming IRVM when I dropped the car. Never heard back from him regarding the same. Asked him to get music settings reset, didn't do it as well.

So, it would be great if someone can tell me default Bass and treble level in zdi+ HU. I played with the settings and now the sound comes really unimpressive. Also, after how many kms, should I get wheel alignment and balancing done? My alignment guy recommends every 5000 kms but I guess he is very enthusiastic about his business.

Bhavik, you should definitely change the service centre. These are mostly petty issues and should have been solved easily by them.
Btw, a TSM is not appointed by MSIL at dealership level, rather he is a company official, Territory Service Manager, to whom some of these dealerships report on a daily basis.
Am sure one of these TSM officials must have got to know your case by now.

Just saw an adv on OLX for Brezza ZDi+. This guy is selling his booking for a whooping 80k extra. His price is 12.60L. Actual price is 11.74L. :Frustrati

https://www.olx.in/item/vitara-breez...tml#4fbb0943d5

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 (Post 4049328)

So, it would be great if someone can tell me default Bass and treble level in zdi+ HU. I played with the settings and now the sound comes really unimpressive. Also, after how many kms, should I get wheel alignment and balancing done? My alignment guy recommends every 5000 kms but I guess he is very enthusiastic about his business.

Audio system would typically depend on how you like your music. The settings on my Swift are +6 bass, +4 treble, +2 to the forward speakers. This suits me best, fills the cabin well.
Yup, the alignment and balancing should be done along with rotation every 5000 Kms, that is what I follow and I guess everyone would tell you the same. Small price to pay for safety and longitivtiy of the tyre's cause replacement is expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 (Post 4049328)
Folks,

I received my brezza back from the 2nd service (odo read 5800kms) couple of days back. Dealer: Kiran Motors, Ahmedabad

Following are the points I asked MASS to sort out. The development on the last one is very interesting.

Brezza surely has got fair share of niggles. MASS is also not living up to the expectations as well. :deadhorse

Looks like we need a new thread for Brezza niggles and solutions. Mods or Bhavik, please create.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysak (Post 4049782)
Just saw an adv on OLX for Brezza ZDi+. This guy is selling his booking for a whooping 80k extra. His price is 12.60L. Actual price is 11.74L. :Frustrati

Time for the middle men to make merry, reminds me of how the enfield classic 350 bookings were sold about 4 years back when the waiting period was close to 1 year.