Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2016, 00:12   #871
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Well, in the coastal areas yes this is a normal thing and we have to take extra precautions to keep the rust off the bay. But something like this in bangalore and when the car is used everyday since it's purchased seems to be a bit alarming.
I live in Ahmedabad, it's a non-coastal area still there was rusting on those dusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
As far as my knowledge goes, this is a mandatory safety feature (In Europe/USA & Other developed countries) during an impact. The technology is designed to activate the wipers during a crash and thus helping the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by clearing the windshield from dust/water/mud/ whatever slush. So I assume the force in which your vehicle goes through the pot hole is creating an alert system and is clearing the windshield. Then since there is no further input of an impact, the wiper turns off.
This is interesting.
I think they should have used the same crash sensors to activate wipers as the ones which are used to deploy airbags.

Also, if they are triggered by misunderstanding a pot hole jerk as crash, they shouldn't be stop after a single wipe. Because I assume the safety feature to help the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by wiping windshield would continue wiping windshield after the crash.
Old 28th August 2016, 14:04   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
This is interesting.
I think they should have used the same crash sensors to activate wipers as the ones which are used to deploy airbags.

Also, if they are triggered by misunderstanding a pot hole jerk as crash, they shouldn't be stop after a single wipe. Because I assume the safety feature to help the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by wiping windshield would continue wiping windshield after the crash.
Yes, in actual crash the wiper goes on and the senitivity for wiper and airbag activation are different.

What I meant is that in your scenario, after the initial jerk there is no further input for the system to recognize it as a crash. For e.x. After locking your car, try kicking the tyres a bit harder. The Autocop system senses some vibration adn the blinkers blinks once, then since the input is not sufficient enough to declare as a theft it stops. My car in India used to even honk and blink once when I lean on it with force
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 14:27   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as my knowledge goes, this is a mandatory safety feature (In Europe/USA & Other developed countries) during an impact. The technology is designed to activate the wipers during a crash and thus helping the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by clearing the windshield from dust/water/mud/ whatever slush. So I assume the force in which your vehicle goes through the pot hole is creating an alert system and is clearing the windshield. Then since there is no further input of an impact, the wiper turns off.
Can you provide more details of this?

As far as I know the reason you see wipers turning on in many crashes is because the wiper stalk gets pushed by the airbag/driver's knee. I doubt if it is a deliberate "feature" that clears the windshield after a crash.
Old 29th August 2016, 12:05   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I do not advice you to drive inside city with roof top lights. You will easily attract the cops and fines have increased drastically now. Also it would glare oncoming traffic.
Yes thats correct Dr., but my intention is just to improve the aesthetics. I have seen many Boleros and Scorpios in Bangalore with this and looks very good.
Old 30th August 2016, 14:32   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Can you provide more details of this?

As far as I know the reason you see wipers turning on in many crashes is because the wiper stalk gets pushed by the airbag/driver's knee. I doubt if it is a deliberate "feature" that clears the windshield after a crash.
This happened in one my colleagues Automatic Polo. She kept the car in Neutral and she forgot the Handbrakes and came out of the car. The car started rolling front and hit a barrier in our office parking lot. The airbags were not deployed, no one in the car and the wiper turned on. The wipers stopped only after the key was removed

When we had a discussion, the German colleagues said it is a standard feature in the latest cars for the past 10-15 years. So what I said is based on what I heard and saw in person. Even am looking for some articles on this but nothing available in internet. Even am looking for more info on this, will keep fellow BHPians posted

Last edited by Eddy : 31st August 2016 at 19:24. Reason: correcting typo
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 17:54   #876
BHPian

Quote:
This happened in one my colleagues Automatic Polo. She kept the car in Neutral and she forgot the Handbrakes and came out fo the car. The car started rolling front and hit a barrier in our office parking lot. The airbags were not deployed, no one in the car and the wiper turned on. The wipers stopped only after the key was removed

When we had a discussion, the German colleagues said it is a standard feature in the latest cars for the past 10-15 years. So what I said is based on what I heard and saw in person. Even am looking for some articles on this but nothing available in internet. Even am looking for more info on this, will keep fellow BHPians posted
I've read somewhere that it is a safety feature internationally and the auto wiper needs to start whether it's rain or murder or even dust and is also triggered by potholes that can splash something that can hamper visibility.
Old 31st August 2016, 19:32   #877
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So, my tire ran flat and the valve was also broken. While getting it fixed, I encountered this on my front right wheel, the image is horrendous and I am really concerned looking at the state of it! There is rust all over and the SA say's it normal and they will clean it out during the service and there is nothing to be worried about!

I am really concerned, did any of you notice something similar?
Don't worry. That's not abnormal. All cast iron parts have that problem and most cars show that problem. If you dont like it you can get it painted black. I did that in my Duster.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:39   #878
BHPian

Came across a Vitara Brezza and a LR Discovery Sport, pics were clicked by my friend from a moving car. Brezza's rear seems to be heavily inspired by the Discovery Sport IMHO, both looked strikingly similar. I always thought it was Evoque that inspired Brezza's design. Maybe they all look same now a days!
Gone are the days when car designers really took pride in designing cars and giving every car it's own distinct character. It's all down to copy & paste the crowd favourite taste and roll it down the mill now.
Maruti Suzuki has done it with Ford Figo inspired Alto 800 and now Brezza inspired by Evoque/ Discovery.
Mahindra's sales representative would proudly tell you that their TUV 300 is a Evoque look alike though to me it looks more like a Jeep inspired design.
The Volkswagen line up right from Polo to Passat all look too similar to each other although the design language is original.
Next gen Hyundai cars have a front grill almost identical to the Audi.
Let's not start with whats happening in China.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-picsart_090107.06.23.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-picsart_090107.03.24.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-images-44.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:20   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Came across a Vitara Brezza and a LR Discovery Sport, pics were clicked by my friend from a moving car. Brezza's rear seems to be heavily inspired by the Discovery Sport IMHO, both looked strikingly similar. I always thought it was Evoque that inspired Brezza's design. Maybe they all look same now a days!
You're spot on! Thanks for the pictures. The tail lamps, rear bumper and windshield are looking very similar with the only difference being the rear quarter glass. Now-a-days it has become common for manufactures to imitate the design of outer shell. As long as it carries some unique feel and don't resemble like a clone, that's fine.
madmaxvistian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:29   #880
BHPian

Folks,

I received my brezza back from the 2nd service (odo read 5800kms) couple of days back. Dealer: Kiran Motors, Ahmedabad

Following are the points I asked MASS to sort out. The development on the last one is very interesting.
  • Irritating momentary noise from the driver door, one second after the driver window is completely rolled up. -> Turns out it is because of the (cheap) equipment MSIL has used to achieve anti pinch feature. SE showed me the same in TD vehicle and it was way more prominent in that vehicle. I guess my brezza would reach there soon Does anyone else face the same issue? (The same can be replicated by holding driver power windows button upward for a second and then releasing, even if the window is completely rooled). Final outcome: Will have to live with it.
  • Annoying noise (chi-chi) from break pedal while applying breaks. -> MASS didn't bother to resolve it. Final outcome: SE spoke to technical adviser, he inquired further about the issue and turns out a few other customers faced the same issue as well. They were confident that it can be resolved by replacing break switch. Both guys visited me at my office, replace the switch and the issue is resolved now.
  • Rattle from Odometer panel and the panel on the right side of it hosting an ac went on rough roads and during turbo lag vibrations -> MASS didn't bother to resolve it. Final Outcome: Will have to visit the service station again, they promised to resolve.
  • Rattle originating from bottom of the driver seat on rough roads. (The same can be replicated by jumping a little on driver's seat when the car is stationary) -> MASS didn't bother to resolve it. Final Outcome: Will have to visit the service station again, they promised to resolve.
  • Here comes the most interesting issue. I have posted it in the thread a few days back as well. The wiper does a single wipe in auto mode when the car hits a pothole. -> SE said they opened the re-fitted the sensor to resolve the issue but it wasn't resolved. Final Outcome: When SE and technical adviser came to replace the break switch, I demoed the issue to adviser as well. He said he would update me regarding the same in a day. I wasn't contacted by MASS in the next 24 hours so I contacted SE. He said that he, technical adviser, workshop manager and TSM(Not sure what it stands for, he said TSM is appointed by MSIL at dealership level) tested TD car and couple of other customers' cars and the issue exists in them as well!! They have written an email to MSIL and waiting for there response, they are confident that it is a mass(common) issue and MSIL would recall brezza(zdi+) to fix the issue. He also showed me that the issue can be replicated by simply hitting a nail on the rain sensor housing inside the cabin. It was very shocking! Does any of you guys face the same issue? The simplest way to check is hit the sensor housing with nail (similar to how we hit carom striker)
My car is from the early batch (got delivery in April, haven't bothered to check Mfg date as it was announced only a month back when I purchase).

Brezza surely has got fair share of niggles. MASS is also not living up to the expectations as well.

Other Info regarding the service: Service cost: 0rs. Asked SE to check availability of auto dimming IRVM when I dropped the car. Never heard back from him regarding the same. Asked him to get music settings reset, didn't do it as well.

So, it would be great if someone can tell me default Bass and treble level in zdi+ HU. I played with the settings and now the sound comes really unimpressive. Also, after how many kms, should I get wheel alignment and balancing done? My alignment guy recommends every 5000 kms but I guess he is very enthusiastic about his business.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:49   #881
BHPian

Bhavik, you should definitely change the service centre. These are mostly petty issues and should have been solved easily by them.
Btw, a TSM is not appointed by MSIL at dealership level, rather he is a company official, Territory Service Manager, to whom some of these dealerships report on a daily basis.
Am sure one of these TSM officials must have got to know your case by now.
Motormania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:46   #882
BANNED

Just saw an adv on OLX for Brezza ZDi+. This guy is selling his booking for a whooping 80k extra. His price is 12.60L. Actual price is 11.74L.

https://www.olx.in/item/vitara-breez...tml#4fbb0943d5
ysak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 21:53   #883
BHPian

Quote:

So, it would be great if someone can tell me default Bass and treble level in zdi+ HU. I played with the settings and now the sound comes really unimpressive. Also, after how many kms, should I get wheel alignment and balancing done? My alignment guy recommends every 5000 kms but I guess he is very enthusiastic about his business.

Audio system would typically depend on how you like your music. The settings on my Swift are +6 bass, +4 treble, +2 to the forward speakers. This suits me best, fills the cabin well.
Yup, the alignment and balancing should be done along with rotation every 5000 Kms, that is what I follow and I guess everyone would tell you the same. Small price to pay for safety and longitivtiy of the tyre's cause replacement is expensive.
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 11:20   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I received my brezza back from the 2nd service (odo read 5800kms) couple of days back. Dealer: Kiran Motors, Ahmedabad

Following are the points I asked MASS to sort out. The development on the last one is very interesting.

Brezza surely has got fair share of niggles. MASS is also not living up to the expectations as well.
Looks like we need a new thread for Brezza niggles and solutions. Mods or Bhavik, please create.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:36   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Just saw an adv on OLX for Brezza ZDi+. This guy is selling his booking for a whooping 80k extra. His price is 12.60L. Actual price is 11.74L.
Time for the middle men to make merry, reminds me of how the enfield classic 350 bookings were sold about 4 years back when the waiting period was close to 1 year.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks