Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 21:48   #856
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Folks,

I felt the Brezza ZDI struck the best balance. Now starts the long wait!
hi Pyrotek, What is the waiting period in your city for Vitara Brezza? I had inquired in Chennai T. Nagar AIE Motors last week and I was told 4 months (irrespective of variant). BTW, last month they were quoting 6+months minimum for any variant.
Old 20th August 2016, 00:28   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
hi Pyrotek, What is the waiting period in your city for Vitara Brezza? I had inquired in Chennai T. Nagar AIE Motors last week and I was told 4 months (irrespective of variant). BTW, last month they were quoting 6+months minimum for any variant.
Hi concorde24, I have been quoted 7 months, although they mentioned it could be earlier.
Pyrotek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 09:54   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Cancelled the booking today. ZDi+ now costs 54 thousand INR more.
Hi Ysak - is it the dual tone version you are referring to? I think it is bad pricing by Maruti after the recent price hike, the ZDI+ dual tone has crossed Rs.10L and thereby it moves to a higher RTO tax rates. IMO, they could have priced it like Creta E+ variant.

May be you could have shifted the booking from dual tone to Metallic ZDI+ ? Just a suggestion.
Old 20th August 2016, 11:31   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ysak - is it the dual tone version you are referring to? I think it is bad pricing by Maruti after the recent price hike, the ZDI+ dual tone has crossed Rs.10L and thereby it moves to a higher RTO tax rates. IMO, they could have priced it like Creta E+ variant.

May be you could have shifted the booking from dual tone to Metallic ZDI+ ? Just a suggestion.
I agree. You can easily make your car dual tone after a visit to 3M shop, should cost you 12k-15k

----

Folks,

I have been facing strange issue with Auto wiper mode. Sometimes when the car goes over pothole, a single wipe is done automatically.
I haven't been identify the exact pattern yet but it usually happens at the speed of around 20-30kmph in 1st,2nd gear.
I have been facing the issue for a while now. Initially I though it must have been due to water in the pothole spraying on the windshield but it has been a few weeks since it rained here and it happens even when there is absolutely no sign of water in surrounding.

Does anyone else face similar issue?
Old 20th August 2016, 11:49   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I agree. You can easily make your car dual tone after a visit to 3M shop, should cost you 12k-15k

----

Folks,

I have been facing strange issue with Auto wiper mode. Sometimes when the car goes over pothole, a single wipe is done automatically.
I haven't been identify the exact pattern yet but it usually happens at the speed of around 20-30kmph in 1st,2nd gear.
I have been facing the issue for a while now. Initially I though it must have been due to water in the pothole spraying on the windshield but it has been a few weeks since it rained here and it happens even when there is absolutely no sign of water in surrounding.

That seems to be a weired problem as i couldn't think of any particular reason for this. However i could think of two reasons which are listed below.

1) A rain sensor activates when there is a movement of object infront of the sensor. So irrespective of the object being rain, mud or any moving object, the wiper gets activated when there is a movement infront of it. Please check if the mirror / sensor unit is firmly glued onto the mirror, that it doesnot move when the car hits a pothole. I could imagine a movement of windshield infront of the sensor unit when the car hits a pothole if its loosely fitted.

2) A short circuit or a loosely soldered or attached wire which is creating this issue. You may have to physically open and see the unit to figure out the exact issue.

I suggest you approch your MASS and even ask for a replacement of the entire unit under warranty.

Hope this helps to figure out this itchy problem for you.

Highwaypatrol

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 20th August 2016 at 11:51.
highwaypatrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 13:25   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
That seems to be a weired problem as i couldn't think of any particular reason for this. However i could think of two reasons which are listed below.

1) A rain sensor activates when there is a movement of object infront of the sensor. So irrespective of the object being rain, mud or any moving object, the wiper gets activated when there is a movement infront of it. Please check if the mirror / sensor unit is firmly glued onto the mirror, that it doesnot move when the car hits a pothole. I could imagine a movement of windshield infront of the sensor unit when the car hits a pothole if its loosely fitted.

2) A short circuit or a loosely soldered or attached wire which is creating this issue. You may have to physically open and see the unit to figure out the exact issue.

I suggest you approch your MASS and even ask for a replacement of the entire unit under warranty.

Hope this helps to figure out this itchy problem for you.

Highwaypatrol
I will be visiting Maruti service center for 2nd service soon. Hope they will fix the issue or replace the unit.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 15:35   #862
BANNED

Quote:

Yes it is now TCS applicable and hence this much hike in total. Its just because i dont think the price hike is fair and the VFM factor is not anymore with Brezza ZDI+.
Old 21st August 2016, 08:47   #863
BHPian

I am encountering a peculiar problem with my vdi(o) brezza. The headlight flickers and vibrates with the slightest vibration. Even when the car is standstill and the engine is on, i can see the headlight vibrating. The mass replaced the headlight unit with another from a new brezza however the problem still persisted. Spoke to the maruti official and they assured that they will look into the matter. Anyone have faced such incident?
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:55   #864
BHPian

So, my tire ran flat and the valve was also broken. While getting it fixed, I encountered this on my front right wheel, the image is horrendous and I am really concerned looking at the state of it! There is rust all over and the SA say's it normal and they will clean it out during the service and there is nothing to be worried about!

I am really concerned, did any of you notice something similar?

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20160816wa0016.jpg
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:44   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So, my tire ran flat and the valve was also broken. While getting it fixed, I encountered this on my front right wheel, the image is horrendous and I am really concerned looking at the state of it! There is rust all over and the SA say's it normal and they will clean it out during the service and there is nothing to be worried about!

Attachment 1544846
I have not able to check the same in brezza but before I purchased brezza, I booked a duster RXL plus 85PS which was lying idle at dealer's stock yard for 14 months(was able to negotiate it for 50k cheaper than brezza zdi+ dual tone, canceled it though after the launch of brezza). It had more rusting on the wheels than yours. There was one more duster which was lying there for around 6 months, it also had the rusting similar to what I can see in the image you provided. So I guess it is normal.
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:43   #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post

Attachment 1544846
Mine looked similar, which I noticed when fixing a flat. After the car's second service, it turned black. The SA said that they cleaned it with diesel. I am not sure why, and how long the diesel would be effective.
Old 24th August 2016, 13:41   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

As far as my knowledge goes, this is a mandatory safety feature (In Europe/USA & Other developed countries) during an impact. The technology is designed to activate the wipers during a crash and thus helping the driver and the passenger to see outside the car by clearing the windshield from dust/water/mud/ whatever slush. So I assume the force in which your vehicle goes through the pot hole is creating an alert system and is clearing the windshield. Then since there is no further input of an impact, the wiper turns off.

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 24th August 2016 at 13:44. Reason: Detailing
PetroTurbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:16   #868
BHPian

Quote:
I have not able to check the same in brezza but before I purchased brezza, I booked a duster RXL plus 85PS which was lying idle at dealer's stock yard for 14 months(was able to negotiate it for 50k cheaper than brezza zdi+ dual tone, canceled it though after the launch of brezza). It had more rusting on the wheels than yours. There was one more duster which was lying there for around 6 months, it also had the rusting similar to what I can see in the image you provided. So I guess it is normal.
Well, in the coastal areas yes this is a normal thing and we have to take extra precautions to keep the rust off the bay. But something like this in bangalore and when the car is used everyday since it's purchased seems to be a bit alarming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrono_me View Post
Mine looked similar, which I noticed when fixing a flat. After the car's second service, it turned black. The SA said that they cleaned it with diesel. I am not sure why, and how long the diesel would be effective.
The SA here said the same thing and got it cleaned with diesel. The surface now is clean as the top most layer is being wiped off. I bet the rusting process will only get aggregated by this and there will be more of rust coming in. I am still not satisfied with this whole issue and the approach to solve it. It's concerning as it might hinder the functionality few years down the line!
Old 26th August 2016, 17:31   #869
BHPian

Any one knows of an accessories shop where they sell roof top lights like the below in Bangalore, planning to fix one for my Red Brezza. I am not looking for one with more features / power to have a practical use, but just to enhance the beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rooftoplamps.jpg  

Old 27th August 2016, 15:27   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
Any one knows of an accessories shop where they sell roof top lights like the below in Bangalore, planning to fix one for my Red Brezza. I am not looking for one with more features / power to have a practical use, but just to enhance the beauty.
I do not advice you to drive inside city with roof top lights. You will easily attract the cops and fines have increased drastically now. Also it would glare oncoming traffic.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks