Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 14:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Are you sure? This is a car which is getting a lot of attention on road and it surely stands out! Added to it if you have the dual tone running around it does hog all the attention on road. I totally disagree to the fact that it has no road presence. If anything this car is really good at it's exteriors with the dual tone facade. Maybe the lower variants with single tones are boring!
Didn't say it has no road presence, but that it doesn't have a lot of it. We're all entitled to our opinions, especially on such a subjective point
You're right in saying that the dual tone ones grab more eyeballs, but in general it just looked smaller in person than I was expecting. Didn't stand out amongst the other cars, unlike say the Creta, Ecosport or Duster after their respective launches. Does fare better than the S Cross though. Lol!
razor4077 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 14:41   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Didn't say it has no road presence, but that it doesn't have a lot of it.
I too have a similar view. I got to see a yellow-white dual tone Brezza at BKC this afternoon. Did not find it to be a looker. And the car actually seemed smaller on road than what the pics suggested. I would still rate an Ecosport higher than the Brezza for its futuristic looks. What I mean is that Brezza is decent in terms of looks, but is a bit too plain jane and nothing that will stand out like an Ecosport or a Creta.

However, with all the bells and whistles and a strong Maruti support system, Brezza will definitely be a winner. And that in itself is brilliant news for Maruti and a proof of the efforts the company has put into this car.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:06   #108
BHPian

Excellent review. You can actually get a tub of popcorn and sit down to read this .

I personally prefer petrol vehicles to diesel ones on account of the turbo lag in the later. I drive the S-Cross 1.3 and feel the lag is manageable. However, every time I switch back to the Ciaz 1.4, I truly appreciate the smoother ride (in terms of the gear box, the clutch and the linear acceleration).

So now begs the question, will the 1.0 turbojet be as smooth to drive as the 1.4? I.e. would be there be a discernible turbo lag?
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:25   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? This is a car which is getting a lot of attention on road and it surely stands out! Added to it if you have the dual tone running around it does hog all the attention on road. I totally disagree to the fact that it has no road presence. If anything this car is really good at it's exteriors with the dual tone facade. Maybe the lower variants with single tones are boring!
Even I had the same feeling. When I saw it first in flesh in the showroom it was an anticlimax. When I went close and touched the car the disappointment only grew. At a distance of 20-30 feet this car looks a tad bigger, but when I went close and opened the door I felt its not a big car at all. The interiors are a big put off, very ordinary. Only the dual tone that too only the red+black combo looks good, which comes on-road 11.5 lakhs here in chennai. Once I saw the price list the car looked even smaller to me .

One needs to put a lot of thought before shelling close to 12 lakhs in this car. Scross on the other hand looks premium, big and great road presence and DDiS200 version mid variant is available in same price and very less waiting period. For me its a no brainer.
joe_antony is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:27   #110
BHPian

The lack of a petrol option is definitely a big miss - I've friends & family looking to upgrade from Swift petrols & with baleno being too much of a lateral move - there is nothing from within MS to upgrade to unfortunately. They might have covered all segments <12~13L but the lack of petrol on both Brezza & S-Cross means that prospective customers have to look elsewhere or buy their first diesels (not too many are willing to take that leap).
Even if MS announces right now that petrol Brezza would be available by a certain date, let's say Q4 of 2016, I'm pretty sure that people thinking of moving to a non-MS product now would hold & wait it out.
Old 12th April 2016, 15:53   #111
BHPian

Thanks for the review!

Expected this car to garner numerous compliments like the Kwid did. I was expecting this car to be a stunner inside-out. The promos made the car look very promising. But in reality, it looks more like an over-grown hatchback. And to top it all, the interiors are just too boring. Not saying the car is bad; But just that personally, I was expecting a little too much from Brezza. If given a choice, I'd still go with the Ecosport.
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 15:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
The lack of a petrol option is definitely a big miss - I've friends & family looking to upgrade from Swift petrols & with baleno being too much of a lateral move - there is nothing from within MS to upgrade to unfortunately. They might have covered all segments <12~13L but the lack of petrol on both Brezza & S-Cross means that prospective customers have to look elsewhere or buy their first diesels (not too many are willing to take that leap).
Even if MS announces right now that petrol Brezza would be available by a certain date, let's say Q4 of 2016, I'm pretty sure that people thinking of moving to a non-MS product now would hold & wait it out.
Well said, I am one of them, especially as the price would go down by at least 1 lakh , it would make a right pricing for car of such size. Practically speaking, petrol makes lot of sense in terms of city driveability and handling. With smaller boot, this car does not fit in as a heavy mileage tourer another factor to have petrol engine. Just my two cents.
Old 12th April 2016, 16:10   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A colleague of mine saw the ads of the Brezza and was blown away by it. Once the car was launched and he saw one on the road, he tells me he didn't know it will be so small. He was expecting Duster size vehicle with imposing road presence.

Finally he tells me, your Ecosport looks more butch than the Brezza.

The Brezza has been designed very cleverly but it does not blow you away. It's a safe design.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 16:56   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A colleague of mine saw the ads of the Brezza and was blown away by it. Once the car was launched and he saw one on the road, he tells me he didn't know it will be so small. He was expecting Duster size vehicle with imposing road presence.
I saw a white coloured one on the road yesterday night. It had stopped on the left hand side of my Jazz at a signal.

I too was surprised by its size. More or less looked like the Jazz in size. Even the occupants seemed to be sitting at the same height. And the funniest thing was that it was chauffeur driven.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:18   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Finally he tells me, your Ecosport looks more butch than the Brezza.

The Brezza has been designed very cleverly but it does not blow you away. It's a safe design.
I was quite impressed by the overall looks of Brezza but a friend of mine who owns a petrol Ecosport was not impressed by it though he liked the space inside. The other day I showed Brezza to my wife who liked the car but said that it can be confused with Swift, if not observed carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
And the funniest thing was that it was chauffeur driven.
OT, but after seeing many chauffeur driven 800s and Altos, this does not come as a surprise. Having said that, one out of three Brezzas I saw were chauffeur driven and they looked funny somehow.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:24   #116
Team-BHP Support

The proportionate SUV-ish exterior works wonder in grabbing eyeballs, until someone actually steps into the cabin expecting SUV-ish space/features to match and ends up disappointed.

The strictly 'adequate' interior quality doesn't help either. The in-house Baleno at a lower price point is better loaded and more VFM, no wonder regular (read non-NEXA) Maruti dealers are furious for missing out on a hands-down bestseller. If the compact SUV bit is non-negotiable, Ecosport is a far better car on most parameters.

Brezza being a Maruti almost guarantees decent sales, but the market is mature enough now to make it impossible to hide deficiencies behind it's popular badge for too long.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:24   #117

i personally feel both the front profile of ecosport and scross is ugly. I like duster but it is too lengthy for me. Brezza compromises all the three for me.
Old 12th April 2016, 17:32   #118
BHPian

While looking at Brezza and Wagon R side by side I was surprised to see Wagon R taller. It is tall by 60 mm though with a narrow footprint
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-1.png  

Old 12th April 2016, 17:41   #119
BHPian

A family friend and a Creta user was so excited with Brezza's announcement , but was highly disappointed to see it in flesh. He coming from an Ertiga, which was his daily driver for 3 good years found Brezza was an overall downgrade. Mainly he was let off by the interiors as he had planned it to make it his daily driver, a trip of 70km each.
Since its a Suzuki and has the DDiS engine, resale value and reliability is assured.
As he didn't have much option other than EcoSport, he took the plunge and booked a Brezza.

Last edited by johannskaria : 12th April 2016 at 17:43.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 19:20   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

I was promised the first Brezza in my town but as luck would have it, the color offered was Red-Black combination which no one in my family has liked even after taking a look at the car in those colors. So my wait continues for a Blue-White combo.

I've read so many comments here ranging from 0 to 10 on a scale of 10. Well, what I feel is that if the vehicle suits you, its as good as the best vehicle available in market for you. Some people are so happy with Nano that they intend to replace it with another one but then there are some who despise it like anything. I'm not taking into account regarding after sales service as it does matter a lot, I love the Nano but won't touch it due to atrocious service center here. I know 2 XUV owners here who take their vehicles to Gaya (about 150 KMS from here) for service issues even though there is an authorised service center here. My point is that being a BHPian doesn't mean that we should/must always go in for a vehicle that everyone thinks is good. I've even read comments wherein people have outright rejected the Brezza without even taking a TD, just on interior looks! For me, the interior is fantastic and practical. I've not done a proper TD of Ecosport but have not considered it due to service related issues. I feel i'll be happy with Brezza so be it. Had it not been Brezza, it would have been a S-Cross.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks