Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2019, 21:40   #1606
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Is heartect a magic word for customers now a days? Really aweful.
Dont want to turn this into a bashing thread but still, When I ever hear Heartect I get HeartAttack.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 07:27   #1607
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Question to existing owners -

Under south of 8 Lakhs, Does the upcoming petrol brezza makes sense or its an aged platform now. I am torn between upcoming brezza and competitors to the core and unable to think through clearly. My Primary requirement is safety given the pathetic & dangerous Indian roads & I believe brezza does sound solid with its 4 star rating and solid build contrary to other products of MSIL.

I am waiting for petrol one since past 3 months and would wait another 2 or 3 but just wanted to be sure that it's worth it. Please help.

MOD NOTE: - Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st December 2019 at 10:50. Reason: Note added.
.sushilkumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st December 2019, 07:42   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Under south of 8 Lakhs, Does the uncoming petrol brezza makes sense or its a aged platofrm now.
Brezza is based on Suzuki C Platform and it's not an aged platform. Although Suzuki is shifting to heartect now which has its own nuances, it's bigger ones like Vitara and S-Cross are C platform based.

Quote:
My Primary requirement is safety given the pathetic & dangerous indian roads & I believe Brezza does sound solid with it;s 4 star rating and solid build contrary to other products of MSIL.
You can pick up a Ford Ecosport with 6 airbags or the XUV3OO. I guess even Venue has a 6 airbag variant.

Quote:
I am waiting for petrol one since past 3 months and would wait another 2 or 3 but just wanted to be sure that it's worth it. Pls help.
Since petrol is speculated and not yet in market, no one can be sure about answer to this question.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 08:24   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am waiting for petrol one since past 3 months and would wait another 2 or 3 but just wanted to be sure that it's worth it. Pls help.
Going back to "when to buy petrol" I think new Brezza, Nexon and perhaps Ecosport are three good vehicles in compact SUV segment in my opinion if the run is about 12000 km per year. I personally prefer nonturbo engines and Brezza/ecosport could be the best choice here. Nexon could be an exception since there are some very cool aspects such as suspension, space and VFM factor. If you can wait just hold for a few more months and check on these three cars once Brezza is launched. Please check online videos, do multiple TDs and then go for the car. I make a table of what I want from car and rate each of them. Since it is a complex choice to make put some weight against each item in table and finally sum it up to make a choice. (I may sound too technical here but there is no easy way out in compact SUV market )
Old 4th December 2019, 19:54   #1610
BHPian

Yet ,another model from Msil India will reach 5 lakh Unit sale Milestone, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was launched in early 2016 and the deliveries began in March 2016. Vitara Brezza is close to reaching the 5 Lakh sale figure by Dec 2019 or by Jan 2020. Msil managed to sell around 12,033 units of Vitara Brezza in the month of Nov 2019.

Currently, Msil India has managed to sell 4,95,071 units of Vitara Brezza in 44 months i.e up to Nov 2019,it requires 4929 units to reach the milestone of 5 Lakh unit sales. Such has been the dominance of the Csuv that it has only been dethroned from No.1 position twice in 44 months It was only this year that Hyundai Venue ,in the month of July and August took the No.1 briefly. Only with discounts and offers,a diesel-only variant Vitara Brezza has managed to take on Hyundai Venue which has multiple drivetrains partly because of Maruti network and price.

Considering a Diesel only model and Ags was offered only in mid-2018 and coupled with Csuv craze, Msil India has managed to sell brezza very well. Now, With Bs6 shift Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza will have a petrol variant it's expected to get a 1.5-litre petrol Shvs by early January 2020. If I was in charge of marketing team I would stop at 5 lakh unit sales as a tribute to the Fiat 1.3 Ddis engine. It will not be easy for Vitara Brezza to maintain this position post-Fiat 1.3 Ddis phase.

(Credits : Sale Figures sourced from Autopunditz.com )
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-93f52ebe9a984fc793c1b785a7b91728.jpeg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-1f3f713e55c84771ab11c524fec1576f.jpeg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-0a1c6dbfeca44556a6f55bfe0adb8dbc.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 4th December 2019 at 20:10.
XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 17:52   #1611
BHPian

The MID in Brezza is very basic and boring. Can we modify it to something better like MID in Baleno?
Old 25th December 2019, 17:06   #1612
BHPian

Got the tyres changed to Michelin primacy 4st. The difference is astonishing! Stock MRF was hard and lots of noise. Whereas Michelin is the exact opposite! Feeling like a new car! Thank you for all those who suggested Michelin earlier when I asked.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20191225_153449.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20191225_153445.jpg
sairamboko is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 19:39   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Got the tyres changed to Michelin primacy 4st.
Hello, how much did you pay for these tyres?
Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 19:47   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello, how much did you pay for these tyres?
Thanks
8300 for each tyres. Changed 4 of the tyres. Changed the valves too. Including fitting , alignment and balancing charges costed me 35k!
sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 20:01   #1615
BHPian

Would it void the warranty if I change the headlights to the facelift Brezza's headlights?
Old 7th January 2020, 19:57   #1616
BHPian

Good evening, fellow Bhpians! Thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge on cars and bikes. I am new to the forum and do not know if this is the right forum to talk about my issue. Nevertheless, here it goes.
After much deliberations, test drives, and contemplations regarding the perfect C-SUV, we decided to go ahead with Brezza. Since the obvious pros and cons are already detailed in this thread, I will not go in that direction. We recieved the vehicle last Sunday ( I did follow the teambhp PDI checklist before taking delivery). The purchase has been smooth. However, I have a problem while reversing. The reverse gear refuses to engage at times. This does not happen all the time, but ocassionally. The vehicle has clocked only 100 kms and still in its running-in period, and I think its a bit premature to say that the fault could be in the transmission system. However, I am unable to understand if this is normal during running in. Should I ask the service center to check the vehicle? Please advise. Thank you.
Old 8th January 2020, 15:48   #1617
BHPian

Its quite normal for all Maruti vehicles. It'll smoothen out in time.

The trick is
- Ensure that the Clutch is fully depressed.
- Shift gear to 1, and then shift to Reverse.

Btw, Congrats on getting the Brezza - The best all-round C-SUV IMO.
krish3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 17:58   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
we decided to go ahead with Brezza.
Congratulations.

Quote:
However, I have a problem while reversing. The reverse gear refuses to engage at times.
Can you elaborate on it, is there any sound while engaging reverse? Have you installed any noodle mats or any mat that is interfering with fully depressing the clutch?
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 18:06   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
we decided to go ahead with Brezza. Since the obvious pros and cons are already detailed in this thread, I will not go in that direction. We recieved the vehicle last Sunday ( I did follow the teambhp PDI checklist before taking delivery). The purchase has been smooth. However, I have a problem while reversing. The reverse gear refuses to engage at times.
Hi Chinmay, first of all - welcome to TBHP. Second of all - congratulations on owning the Brezza. Wish you many safe & happy miles with it. See you around on the forum mate.

As for the reverse not engaging - I assume this happens when you are in some forward gear, then shift to neutral & then to reverse? If thats right - I assume you are granny-shifting. I.e. - the clutch is still depressed when you make the Forward -> Neutral -> reverse shift?

If yes, this is fairly common since the reverse gear is on a sliding mesh & not synchro mesh together with the forward gears. So the teeth don't engage directly. Try this - after shifting to neutral, release the clutch pedal fully. Then depress it again. Then shift to reverse. With time, make it a habit to double-clutch when shifting to reverse from a forward gear. Let me know if this helps .

Last edited by SmartCat : 8th January 2020 at 22:54. Reason: Tiny error :)
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 20:24   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, I have a problem while reversing. The reverse gear refuses to engage at times. This does not happen all the time, but ocassionally.
Another way is to fully press the clutch and put 4th gear. Then try to put reverse gear. This works 99.99%. Remaining 0.01% of time put to 1st gear and move ahead a few centimetres and then stop and put to reverse. Please make sure you press the clutch fully in each case. Happy ownership.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks